Should I get a Mac Mini?

AlanAlan

What should I get guys? What are the options ? I am so confused right now.

playing games

Oh HAELLL NO. I don't know if it's just me but Macs are extremely unstable and underpowered when it comes to games. Get a cheap Windows computer, there is one out there that is perfect for you.

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

$450 down the drain imo. You can build your own PC that is so much better for the same price. If you need any help with choosing parts, I, or anyone on this forum will be more than happy to help you.

$450 down the drain imo. You can build your own PC that is so much better for the same price. If you need any help with choosing parts, I, or anyone on this forum will be more than happy to help you.

This problem is that you can't really. The only thing that will make a difference is the CPU, but the CPU is enough no matter what version of an i5 he were to get. In the end the Mac Mini is the best option for a prebuilt. Unless he is willing to buy everything individually and put it together just to save like $20. Just saying the Apple tax is really low on the Mac Mini.

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I will be using this for micorsoft office and streaming videos and movies. I think I will be also playing games on it to

Will this provide the power I need to achieve these task?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00746X7G2/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=logicemail-20

Get a pc with Windows 10 to get better game surport. A no Mac have a good game surport unless you dual boot windows and osx

Get a pc with Windows 10 to get better game surport. A no Mac have a good game surport unless you dual boot windows and osx

OP already stated that he won't be gaming on the computer.

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

OP already stated that he won't be gaming on the computer.

He said he may, but a windows pc is commonly used.

8GB of ram minimum.

And you need to get a SSD upgrade too.

Yosemite is like shit when running on a HDD.

It will drive you crazy.

I used to own a mac mini.

Pretty happy with it.

As long as you are not gaming on it, you are golden.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

The Mac Mini isn't worth the money. Didn't Linus set it on fire or something in a video? LOL

That's the 2015 Macbook

8GB of ram minimum.
And you need to get a SSD upgrade too.
Yosemite is like shit when running on a HDD.
It will drive you crazy.

I used to own a mac mini.
Pretty happy with it.
As long as you are not gaming on it, you are golden.

For your information, osx El Capitan is the latest version of osx

For your information, osx El Capitan is the latest version of osx

I know....Obviously you did not try it on a standard HDD.

Previously I owned 2 Mac Mini and a mac book pro 2010.

I swapped all the HDDs to SSDs.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I know....Obviously you did not try it on a standard HDD.

Previously I owned 2 Mac Mini and a mac book pro 2010.

I swapped all the HDDs to SSDs.

Probably it's fragmented, or its like owning an iphone 4s with ios 9.2 on it.

So you guys think I should go with a computer build?

If you can , yes. It'll be alot better. Whats your budget?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

What should I get guys? What are the options ? I am so confused right now.

If you want small form factor and nice looks get the mac mini. My dad has one on his work, he is lawyer and writes a lot of stuff in word etc. it's plenty fast for tasks like this, also MacOS is a very user friendly and good looking OS. If you do not care about form factor you can get something faster - the question is if you need it to be faster.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

$400

How about this? The case looks nice. Also , If you want OS X I could see if I could get a build that's compatible.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill AEGIS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($32.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $399.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-23 11:00 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

If you want small form factor and nice looks get the mac mini. My dad has one on his work, he is lawyer and writes a lot of stuff in word etc. it's plenty fast for tasks like this, also MacOS is a very user friendly and good looking OS. If you do not care about form factor you can get something faster - the question is if you need it to be faster.

yeah I would like it top be faster

How about this? The case looks nice. Also , If you want OS X I could see if I could get a build that's compatible.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($71.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill AEGIS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($32.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.88 @ OutletPC)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($38.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $399.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-23 11:00 EST-0500

Will this system be overclockable?
what about $350 what can you build for $350?

Will this system be overclockable?

what about $350 what can you build for $350?

For $350 + overclocking you'll want to go with a pentium g3258 which is a dual core.

So you guys think I should go with a computer build?

Please yourself a favor and just do it!

I will be using this for micorsoft office and streaming videos and movies. I think I will be also playing games on it to

Will this provide the power I need to achieve these task?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00746X7G2/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=logicemail-20

No, if you want OS X then make a Hackintosh. It is sometimes illegal but who cares. It is just an operating system. Yes, Apple only want you to use it on their machines just to steal your money.

Please yourself a favor and just do it!

*do

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jT86kL Heck, this even should do better than it... lol

No, if you want OS X then make a Hackintosh. It is sometimes illegal but who cares. It is just an operating system. Yes, Apple only want you to use it on their machines just to steal your money.

I don't want to violate any rules and regulations

For $350 + overclocking you'll want to go with a pentium g3258 which is a dual core.

Ok never mind I don't want to overclock it.

What's a good build for $350 or less? That will be very powerful and small form factor?

Ok never mind I don't want to overclock it.

What's a good build for $350 or less? That will be very powerful and small form factor?

If you have any sata HDD , you could remove the one in the build I mentioned and voila $350.

maybe an intel NUC or the compute stick.