How Elon Musk Stole My Car

danfoofoo

Thought this was an interesting take on Tesla's customer service:

https://www.atlantic.net/blog/how-elon-musk-ceo-of-telsa-motors-stole-my-car/

On the evening of January 7, the day before I was to receive my car, Kevin called me to explain he had a call in with the Office of the CEO at Tesla and was working with his team in Tesla to resolve a problem that had come up - their CEO, Elon Musk, had taken my car and was using it as his personal vehicle to test a new version of autopilot.

My concern is if Tesla fails the experiment of directly selling cars to consumers may be considered a failure, when in reality it was tremendous missteps on Teslas part that caused it to not work.

Why was Elon Musk allowed to take a car that was marked in their system as sold? When Tesla employees became aware of what happened, why didn't they reach out to me? How did no one involved think of the customer? Even worse, why did Tesla employees actively work to avoid my calls and email? If Tesla is logging interactions with their customers to a national database, why didn't they notice that someone was calling in and only getting voicemail.

I've previously heard of Tesla's customer service being horrible when receiving the ca due to no response, but this is a new low.  This isn't the type of service you'd expect from a $1.5k laptop, let alone a $100k car.  Hopefully, Tesla will make it right and offer him a discount on the car with the options he wanted and get some free press out of it.

Thought this was an interesting take on Tesla's customer service:

https://www.atlantic.net/blog/how-elon-musk-ceo-of-telsa-motors-stole-my-car/

I've previously heard of Tesla's customer service being horrible when receiving the ca due to no response, but this is a new low.  This isn't the type of service you'd expect from a $1.5k laptop, let alone a $100k car.  Hopefully, Tesla will make it right and offer him a discount on the car with the options he wanted and get some free press out of it.

I'm sorry who is kevin

Oh my God, I'm dying laughing :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

It's a car, of course someone will have used it before you, those things get test driven.

It just so happened to be elon musk in this case. He's the CEO, he can do whatever you want. As long as this doesn't delay delivery of the vehicle, who cares?

to be honest, i'm sure this happens in every company to some degree.

CEOs tend to be completely blind to the specifics of every part, especially if those parts roll of a production line.

maybe that day the "sold" label didnt quite stick to said car, and the CEO just grabbed it and took it for a test spin without really notifying anyone about it.

while i try to stay as distant from my parents' corporate bastard side of life, i see this crap happen too often...

I'm just laughing at the thought of people crying if they bought a Les Paul guitar personally tested by Les Paul, or an iPhone personally tested by Steve Jobs.

How fucking dumb does someone have to be for those to be detriments?

this is ? i mean it realy is ? (? is my reaction to this, it is pure ? )

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

My experience with Tesla was great.

I'd want that sh*t in Silver Sharpie going diagonally across the entire hood (bonnet doesn't sound as cool).

Not like that I mean a tastefully done black sharpie signature on the door or dash or something

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think the reason why he is miffed is he bought a car BRAND NEW with zero miles and someone (who cares if its Elon Musk) put miles and engine hours on it. I know when I buy a new car (just bought 2 over the last 6 months) I looked for the ones with the least miles on them. Some trucks had 10 miles, mine had 0.3. My explorer had 1.2 while others had upwards of 15.

Did you guys even read the article he is upset because now he can't have the car because it been modified to much so he has to get a different one and that they were actively screening his calls and ignoring them because they didn't know how to handle the situation.

Most of your replying here haven't read the article. 1) he was buying an "aftermarket" which means it was like a test car at a dealership. So slightly used already. 2) because Elon took his car he can't get it at all. 3) Tesla didn't reach out to him when it happened, and then actively ignored him for weeks. 4) Tesla offered no way to make it right except offering him a more expensive car, that he would have to pay to upgrade to.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I think the reason why he is miffed is he bought a car BRAND NEW with zero miles and someone (who cares if its Elon Musk) put miles and engine hours on it. I know when I buy a new car (just bought 2 over the last 6 months) I looked for the ones with the least miles on them. Some trucks had 10 miles, mine had 0.3. My explorer had 1.2 while others had upwards of 15.

The article said he bought a car that had been previous used at a tesla dealership for either display or loaning. It wasn't new.

or an iPhone personally tested by Steve Jobs.

I'd be pretty concerned if I bought a new iphone and it had been tested by Steve jobs xD

I do see you point, "oh no a famous person tested my device personally"

I read the article and you may want to include some more info in the original post so you get less comments like the above.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Well... they probably should have sold him a different car, maybe with a discount as an apology for the delay. That said since they aren't exactly vw I can see why sometimes they may need to use cars that would otherwise be shipped for testing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's like K|ngp|n taking your new 980ti on LN2 and hammering it on FireStrike scores....

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Man that's pretty shitty. Sad to see, you'd hope form a company like tesla that kinda stuff would be a joke.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I'm just laughing at the thought of people crying if they bought a Les Paul guitar personally tested by Les Paul, or an iPhone personally tested by Steve Jobs.

How fucking dumb does someone have to be for those to be detriments?

You're an idiot. A flat out idiot.

Mods, please give me warning points. I'll take them, gladly.