Skype Translator has arrived

brownninja97

feb16906d32ef526443ae6a4ebecc868.png

Skype has been working on a project for the past couple of months dropping a few hints that they would shatter language barriers and it seems they have finally achieved such a feat.

This technology is based around converting your speech into text so that the man/woman/other can read it which is effectively tearing down the language barrier which so many people have struggled with over the years.

Naturally the text based version is vastly superior to the video based version however the Skype team suggests that they will be able to improve their video based functionally over the coming months and years.

Here are a few fascinating facts they dropped on us

• French to English is the most popular language pair
  • The number of calls per day has increased 400% since launch
  • The top international Skype Translator calling corridor is Germany to Ghana

the more you know.

Source

http://blogs.skype.com/2016/01/13/skype-translator-empowers-more-people/

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/49665/skype-translator-rolls-everyone/index.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Skype has been working on a project for the past couple of months dropping a few hints that they would shatter language barriers and it seems they have finally achieved such a feat.

This technology is based around converting your speech into text so that the man/woman/other can read it which is effectively tearing down the language barrier which so many people have struggled with over the years.

Naturally the text based version is vastly superior to the video based version however the Skype team suggests that they will be able to improve their video based functionally over the coming months and years.

Here are a few fascinating facts they dropped on us

the more you know.

Source

http://blogs.skype.com/2016/01/13/skype-translator-empowers-more-people/

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/49665/skype-translator-rolls-everyone/index.html

I hope its like Google Translate, that would be hilarious

I'm all for this kinda tech. really makes things feel like tomorrow. Given it'll probably need some improvement, but that'll never stop. 

Also 1; Very PC post

Also 2; Germany to Ghana? Well, why not. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

im ready for the bugs

yeah that comes with the territory. its not like they mess up on purpose. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

yeah that comes with the territory. its not like they mess up on purpose. 

mess up on purpose

NEVER

NO

WHEN DID THAT IDEA COME TO MIND

HA HA HA

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Also 1; Very PC post

not done a news post in a while so im a bit very rusty. a long time ago i pretty much did all the news here.

Listen if you care.

Or BING!....Bing translation makes google look downright fluent. While I think this is a good step forward I have serious doubts. Machine translation can't account for slang, social context, or deeper meaning. This is especially true with languages that are not direct like English is. The translation of Japanese is especially poor. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

Anyone wants to test this out ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

mess up on purpose

NEVER

NO

WHEN DID THAT IDEA COME TO MIND

HA HA HA

frabz-Theyre-onto-us-9dc288.jpg

I'm ready for the ads.

as long as they arent intriusive and dont make sound they arent too bad.

Listen if you care.

output (in russian) Cyka blyat! 

Let's be fair, the russian dictionary is only comprised of those two words.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Anyone wants to test this out ?

i have already, thats why i posted about it. Its very good, my Malaysian friend has been utilizing it a lot with me. he speaks german oddly enough.

Listen if you care.

Let's be fair, the russian dictionary is only comprised of those two words.

Input (in english) Hey man, I can fly over in a month or so. How does that sound? 

Output (in russian) Cyka! Cyka Blyat? 

Now that's an interesting conversation. 

I used to be quite active here.

frabz-Theyre-onto-us-9dc288.jpg

as long as they arent intriusive and dont make sound they arent too bad.

fQj0j97.gif

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I didn't know people still use Skype :P kidding I stopped using Skype ages ago.

Microsoft have their own translator in the works and reportedly it works flawlessly (this is not skype translator)

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Microsoft have their own translator in the works and reportedly it works flawlessly (this is not skype translator)

I doubt that it works flawlessly, especially when translating languages with vastly different grammar(eg. Japanese to English).

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I doubt that it works flawlessly, especially when translating languages with vastly different grammar(eg. Japanese to English).

It translates reviews from whatever the native language is to the language you are viewing windows in.

It's currently being tested on the Windows Store as an option for developers.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Or BING!....Bing translation makes google look downright fluent. While I think this is a good step forward I have serious doubts. Machine translation can't account for slang, social context, or deeper meaning. This is especially true with languages that are not direct like English is. The translation of Japanese is especially poor. 

You should see Arabic > English, that is exquisite

meh, already know 5 of the 7 supported, i'll just learn the last 2

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

We are in the future!

Now fix the privacy issues Skype has...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Nice, now they can advertise based on them spoken words. Soon apps also datamine your speech? :D

not done a news post in a while so im a bit very rusty. a long time ago i pretty much did all the news here.

I have to say I haven't seen your name in a good while, i'm not familiar :S Making a comeback? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I have to say I haven't seen your name in a good while, i'm not familiar :S Making a comeback? 

not sure. ill have to get some motivation to do it. 

Listen if you care.