Best 92mm PWM Fan?

Gibs960

Efficient but noise in my main concern really.

I bought a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO and the fan is incredibly loud under noise if I'm honest and I was wondering if there's any better ones in terms of airflow and noise.

I googled it and it says that it needs to be a 92mm PWM fan! 

Thanks!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Noctua NF-A9 PWM

I used to be quite active here.

Look for one in an OEM PC. The AVC or Delta fans generally used in them work well

but AVC is crazy loud compared to a quality fan...

but AVC is crazy loud compared to a quality fan...

the one in my garage PC moves a crapload of air and is surprisingly quiet. Great static pressure too, it outperforms a crappy 140mm in airflow and static pressure at the same noise, somehow....

the one in my garage PC moves a crapload of air and is surprisingly quiet. Great static pressure too, it outperforms a crappy 140mm in airflow and static pressure at the same noise, somehow....

didnt say they're bad, they're just not the "best" option out there.

whine seems to exponentially increase with bearing wear as well.

Look for one in an OEM PC. The AVC or Delta fans generally used in them work well

The AVC fan I had was honestly like a vacuum cleaner. I heard it with closed back headphones. I have a fan now plugged in by Molex that runs 100% and is WAYY quieter.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

didnt say they're bad, they're just not the "best" option out there.

whine seems to exponentially increase with bearing wear as well.

Fully sealed ball bearings. Super quiet, even though it was from my old school's CAD lab. It was a core2duo machine.

The AVC fan I had was honestly like a vacuum cleaner. I heard it with closed back headphones. I have a fan now plugged in by Molex that runs 100% and is WAYY quieter.

They are designed to be able to ramp up to insane speeds, yet go really quite slow. Try a low PWM on it.

They are designed to be able to ramp up to insane speeds, yet go really quite slow. Try a low PWM on it.

With a 4Ghz OC ( stock 2.6 ), it won't stay below 70 without near max setting. My APU is rated for Max of 71C

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Damn. Invest in an ND-H14?

Not worth it, getting an i3-6100 soon, hopefully within 4 weeks. Doing a GPU and CPU at once. Of you are curious, i3-6100, Z170 PC MATE from MSI, 4x2 2400mhz or 2666mhz Corsair LPX and a used R9 290x or if money becomes an issue a GTX 770 or like recently a 690 is on Craigslist for $250 but been up for a month so could get the price down.

that one is freakin loud

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

that one is freakin loud

That seems like false advertising (beQuiet  :lol:)

Recommend one from beQuiet (92mm, PWM)

"be quiet, we are loud for you" :P

i already posted a link in my first post.....

Spoiler

This one?

yup

Spoiler

that one is freakin loud

What, how's it loud?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What, how's it loud?

29db???

thats insane...

Spoiler

29db???

thats insane...

Anyone striving for quiet operation wouldn't run fans at 100%...

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.