4790k @ 4.8 1.275v stable P95 1344K

Oh well, mine is delidded but it's an absolute turd overclocker :D

the thing with delidding its scary.. im quite scared to do it..

Oh well, mine is delidded but it's an absolute turd overclocker :D

1.412V for 4,7ghz. yay

Mines not too great either, I can get it to pass hour long stress tests (AIDA and Intel extreme) @4.7Ghz @1.280v (mid 60'sC, underload) but it randomly crashes during video encoding.

I have given up on over-clocking mine for now, and have just gone for 4.4@1.180v as its fast and cool.

My take on Prime95, its fine to run on blend with a static voltage, but don't run it with an offset as it can over vault the CPU and create a lot of heat.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Mines not too great either, I can get it to pass hour long stress tests (AIDA and Intel extreme) @4.7Ghz @1.280v (mid 60'sC, underload) but it randomly crashes during video encoding.

I have given up on over-clocking mine for now, and have just gone for 4.4@1.180v as its fast and cool.

At least you guys got somewhere. My Core i5 6600T is being very selfish, and takes 1.3v to do 4.3ghz. To do 4.5, it takes 1.35v x.x

It won't even post at 170 BCLK, unless i give it dangerously high levels of VCCSA. The voltage wall is very real, and the kool-aid man is nowhere to be found.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

because of the avx instruction.. i know

just 1344k is the best test for cpu.. 

just try those settings in prime yourself.. it creates insane temps

its not even the hot one either.  8k is 20c hotter for me than 1344k (delidded custom loop)

Edit:(v28.5)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

its not even the hot one either.  8k is 20c hotter for me than 1344k (delidded custom loop)

Edit:(v28.5)

Yeah, Small FFT (8-48k) for heat, 1344 and 2688 for vcore. Which is why i said this:

Wouldn't mind seeing temps after 15 minutes of 48k FFT :P

Temps during 1344k just doesn't impress me much. We all know that there can always be more heat!

Ain't that bad. I run mine 4.7GHz @ 1.23v, temps are around 59-62c in AIDA64. I would be able to reach 4.8GHz but I'd rather have low voltage then high. Delidded it and got 10c drop in temps, worth it for any water cooling and was very easy.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

At least you guys got somewhere. My Core i5 6600T is being very selfish, and takes 1.3v to do 4.3ghz. To do 4.5, it takes 1.35v x.x

It won't even post at 170 BCLK, unless i give it dangerously high levels of VCCSA. The voltage wall is very real, and the kool-aid man is nowhere to be found.

Voltages for Skylake ar higher than Haswell. They no longer have FIVR's. 1.35V for skylake =! 1.35V for haswell.

temps  after bf4 game in hot small room with heating on :

Vcore was about 1.296 under load

su6Fsd5.jpg

Voltages for Skylake ar higher than Haswell. They no longer have FIVR's. 1.35V for skylake =! 1.35V for haswell.

Yeah, but I had made the assumption that T processors would have lower voltage leak. While it appears to be true for say, a 150BCLK (Can go from 2.7 to 4.05 with just 1.2V) , voltage scaling starts to get out of control very quickly after that, with a 300mhz overclock requiring a whole 100mv. 

This is my first time dealing with Skylake though, and information seems to be scarce. Do you know if VCCIO/SA voltage tolerances are higher on Skylake? I know stock VCCIO is 0.950v, while stock VCCSA is 1.0v. Seems to be up about 100mv from Haswell. Those two are the only voltages that actually worry me any, for obvious reasons. 

because of the avx instruction.. i know

just 1344k is the best test for cpu..

IBT AVX would be my next test for uber stability. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

You should put it under water and push it even higher. Seems like a waste to have such a good chip limited by temps...

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.