NVIDIA’s VXAO (voxel based ambient occlusion) To Be Featured In Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mr_Troll

No, RedHat gives far better support than Canonical. Just because more people use it doesn't mean it's better. Linux does many things better than Windows even as a desktop, yet Windows is used more purely because that's what people are used to.

stop being an linux elitist and saying your distro is so much better than mine its all personal preference, you like fedora thats fine but I like ubuntu and there is nothing wrong with that either. neither one is "better" than the other because your needs are not the same as my needs

i understand if you dont care about 1 fps of difference but price/performance is far from a useless metric as not everyone have tons of money to waste if a card gives me 200 fps for 200 dollars and another card gives me 200 fps for 250 dollars i would of course select the 200 dollar card over the 250 dollar card. 

Even if you knew the $250 would be supported longer and age better? Sorry but any consumer that shallow should be removed from the gene pool by force.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

stop being an linux elitist and saying your distro is so much better than mine its all personal preference, you like fedora thats fine but I like ubuntu and there is nothing wrong with that either. neither one is "better" than the other because your needs are not the same as my needs

It's not because of personal preference. All the major supercomputer distros are based on RedHat's CentOS which is Fedora without the GUI and unnecessary libraries.

It's better because it's better. Its performance in benchmarks is better. The company that maintains it is an actual leader in both virtualization and security software unlike Canonical who only survives by selling user information to Amazon (Stallman's got a 2-hour diatribe about this). And to top it off, graphics drivers don't fail on it. Any software you can run on ubuntu can be run on Fedora.

Get over it. Your choice is objectively worse than mine.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Except when it doesn't with the 390 v 970 and 380 v 960. Those cards have bigger leads on their rivals than the 980 and 980 ti do on theirs. Even going by your retarded metrics, your proclamation is still that of a fanboy since it doesn't actually follow your own "fact".

Nope, DX 11 Nvidia beats DX 12 AMD. It's sitting right there for everyone else to see.

Even if you knew the $250 would be supported longer and age better? Sorry but any consumer that shallow should be removed from the gene pool by force.

except we are seeing the opposite. amd cards are aging better atm and showing better performance in dx12 and please refrain from insulting and threatening people it doesnt make you look tough or smart it just makes you look like a bad person

Can't you guys just shut the fuck up on this AMD/Nvidia bullshit already. It's counterproductive and disheartening for someone like me to see all of you act like a bunch of 12 year olds over this stupid shit in this thread.

Now I will say that VXAO is very intriguing since we have seen SSAO and HBAO for a while. If game developers and software developers are pushing graphics technology into a new realm of reality, it's good because then games don't look dated or outdated, causing a stagnation in GPU development in raw power. And that goes to BOTH AMD and Nvidia.

With an increase in available computer resources such as Asynchronous Compute, Direct3D 12, and Vulkan, whereby it reduces overhead and improves utilization, that means you can do more now since there is that reduction in overhead on resources. Yes I also intend to push the limits of hardware specs to achieve advanced graphics and gameplay now that these are available. However optimization is still crucial so that games still know how to use resources properly and doesn't run like shit (Lookin' at you Arkham Knight) because of bad code.

And to clear things up, Ambient Occlusion is subtle and not pronounced since it only affects areas like crevices and other small gaps in 3D models by approximating the effects of lighting and applying soft shadows. This concept applies to all forms of Ambient Occlusion.

You'll find this a recurring theme around these parts. I've stopped giving two poops about the argument, even though I'm right ;)

Nope, DX 11 Nvidia beats DX 12 AMD. It's sitting right there for everyone else to see.

Wow, the amnesia is kicking in again? You should really see someone about that.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

except we are seeing the opposite. amd cards are aging better atm and showing better performance in dx12 and please refrain from insulting and threatening people it doesnt make you look tough or smart it just makes you look like a bad person

I'm not threatening anyone and have yet to insult you. I've just stated an opinion while not caring about your reaction to it. Actually Nvidia has the performance lead in DX 12 for now both in AOTS and Fable Legends. As more benchmarks come out we'll have to re-evaluate the averages, but it currently stands as Nvidia's game.

Wow, the amnesia is kicking in again? You should really see someone about that.

There's nothing I can do for a horse that's been led to water but refuses to drink. The benchmarks and graphs are there for everyone to see.

It's not because of personal preference. All the major supercomputer distros are based on RedHat's CentOS which is Fedora without the GUI and unnecessary libraries.

It's better because it's better. Its performance in benchmarks is better. The company that maintains it is an actual leader in both virtualization and security software unlike Canonical who only survives by selling user information to Amazon (Stallman's got a 2-hour diatribe about this). And to top it off, graphics drivers don't fail on it. Any software you can run on ubuntu can be run on Fedora.

Get over it. Your choice is objectively worse than mine.

and am i running a supercomputer no im running a desktop pc. and i dont really care about benchmark performance i care about real world performance with applications that relate to my use case scenario. also its linux you can control what infomation canonical has access to. and you are telling me fedora has zero problems that i cant find a single instance where something on fedora didnt work correctly

There's nothing I can do for a horse that's been led to water but refuses to drink. The benchmarks and graphs are there for everyone to see.

The benchmarks and graphs don't support your "Nvidia is better at Async." You made a stupid statement, and provided graphs that disputed your own stupid statement.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The benchmarks and graphs don't support your "Nvidia is better at Async." You made a stupid statement, and provided graphs that disputed your own stupid statement.

No, they support it 100% the way I said they did. Just because you don't like the fact Nvidia can win in DX 11 vs. AMD's DX 12 implementation at this current moment in time doesn't change the results. The results are Nvidia wins, by however small a margin.

I'm not threatening anyone and have yet to insult you. I've just stated an opinion while not caring about your reaction to it. Actually Nvidia has the performance lead in DX 12 for now both in AOTS and Fable Legends. As more benchmarks come out we'll have to re-evaluate the averages, but it currently stands as Nvidia's game.

Sorry but any consumer that shallow should be removed from the gene pool by force.

sounds suspiciously like an insult and a threat. 

also in those benchmarks the 390x is beating the 980 the 380 is beating the 960 but if you said that the fury x is a worse card than the 980 ti i would agree with you but on almost every other price point amd beats nvidia but hey lets ignore those cards and only focus on the one where nvidia beats amd

This fight is pure gold and Patrick is a tool, i love life.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

sounds suspiciously like an insult and a threat. 

also in those benchmarks the 390x is beating the 980 the 380 is beating the 960 but if you said that the fury x is a worse card than the 980 ti i would agree with you but on almost every other price point amd beats nvidia but hey lets ignore those cards and only focus on the one where nvidia beats amd

It's neither.

No it's not. Dear God really? 980 objectively wins. And before you go on about 4k, there's no single GPU that can do a consistent 40+ fps on 4K, so it's a useless benchmark since no one in their right mind would use a single one of either for 4K.

post-85535-0-29904900-1452140524_thumb.p

This fight is pure gold and Patrick is a tool, i love life.

It's hard being right all the time. People resent it.

It's neither.

No it's not. Dear God really? 980 objectively wins. And before you go on about 4k, there's no single GPU that can do a consistent 40+ fps on 4K, so it's a useless benchmark since no one in their right mind would use a single one of either for 4K.

attachicon.gif1080p.png

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Fable-Legends-Benchmark-DX12-Performance-Testing-Continues/Results-1080p-Ultr

i was looking at the fable legends 1080p ultra and werent you the one saying that 1 fps doesnt matter and now in this cases 1 fps matters. of course

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Fable-Legends-Benchmark-DX12-Performance-Testing-Continues/Results-1080p-Ultr

i was looking at the fable legends 1080p ultra and werent you the one saying that 1 fps doesnt matter and now in this cases 1 fps matters. of course

No, I said it did matter. ivan was the one saying results within margin of error (which he incorrectly used) didn't matter.

EDIT: That bench is 3 months old and invalid after both the launch of Crimson and more than 6 major Nvidia driver releases. I'll see if I can find something from at least mid November.

EDIT2: Clearly by the fact the cards which lead in 4K start losing at lower resolutions, the benchmark in September is entirely invalid. Architectures that play well at the top scale down well. And overall it's about the same result in 1080p as it was in AOTS only even more in Nvidia's favor. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9659/fable-legends-directx-12-benchmark-analysis/2

It's neither.

attachicon.gif1080p.png

Although we would hope Pascal to take care of that :)

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

It's hard being right all the time. People resent it.

You are a tool because you are arguing, me i would have given up 5 pages a go, and stuck to the Mt Dew and Popcorn.

You are a tool because you are arguing, me i would have given up 5 pages a go, and stuck to the Mt Dew and Popcorn.

Giving up is for the French.

Have you ever tried killing a dead rabbit?

Italians, actually.  My people are industrious in making use of bread, tomatoes, and dairy products, but we definitely flip-flop when it comes to saving our arses.

Have you ever tried killing a dead rabbit?

I prefer venison. Here in New Jersey there's an ample supply.

Italians, actually.  My people are industrious in making use of bread, tomatoes, and dairy products, but we definitely flip-flop when it comes to saving our arses.

WWII France vs. Hitler. Italy was taken over by a dictator. That's a bit of a different scenario.