NVIDIA’s VXAO (voxel based ambient occlusion) To Be Featured In Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mr_Troll

I'm all for new technologies, if you can't run it with a nice framerate, fine,... disable it, and look forward to when you can.

Only gripe is when you HAVE a decent GPU, and it still performs like ass.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1)BS

2)It should be.

Just because Nvidia lacks a hardware feature that isn't even in the DX 12 standard (it's not required for Tier 3 support) doesn't mean they can't still have the superior cards and drivers in combination. AMD can have the best hardware ever and I won't give a damn if their drivers are so bad Nvidia cleans their clocks!

nvidia drivers have given me much more problems than amd drivers like the monitor turning on and off every few seconds. I had to give up on linux because every few restarts it would only show the wallpaper and mouse cursor and no desktop icons or taskbar 

I'm all for new technologies, if you can't run it with a nice framerate, fine,... disable it, and look forward to when you can.

Only gripe is when you HAVE a decent GPU, and it still performs like ass.

Yeah I agree. The only time that any GPU performs like ass is 1) you set the graphics settings higher than the GPU can handle, 2) the game pulls another Arkham Knight (poorly optimized), 3) the game is like Crysis 3 (optimized but very demanding), or 4) Either AMD, Nvidia, or the developers released a bad driver/update (that's usually the developers' fault)

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

nvidia drivers have given me much more problems than amd drivers like the monitor turning on and off every few seconds. I had to give up on linux because every few restarts it would only show the wallpaper and mouse cursor and no desktop icons or taskbar

If AMD has been good to you, cool. Nvidia has been good for me for the longest time. Everyone has a different experience, just sayin'.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

If AMD has been good to you, cool. Nvidia has been good for me for the longest time. Everyone has a different experience, just sayin'.

i googled around and those problems were not limited to just me 

That's your fault for choosing Ubuntu or another lousy Debian distro. I run Fedora 23 and have never had a single Nvidia driver issue, and I'm on a 570.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Funny because the AOTS benchmarks say Nvidia still does it better anyways.

Link please. If my memory serves correctly, only the Fury X loses to the 980 ti while all the other cards lose. 980 ti beating Fury X =/= Maxwell wins in dx 12 when every other Maxwell card is losing, unless there is some new benchmark I don't know about.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Link please. If my memory serves correctly, only the Fury X loses to the 980 ti while all the other cards lose. 980 ti beating Fury X =/= Maxwell wins in dx 12 when every other Maxwell card is losing, unless there is some new benchmark I don't know about.

http://www.techspot.com/review/1081-dx11-vs-dx12-ashes/page3.html

Nope, all tiers until 960 vs. 370, unless you can find one benchathon more recent.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I like AO and all but it's not even that different when you try SSAO vs HBAO, so how the fuck and why the fuck would i care for this bollocks?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

That's your fault for choosing Ubuntu or another lousy Debian distro. I run Fedora 23 and have never had a single Nvidia driver issue, and I'm on a 570.

The reason why I don't have lousy Nvidia driver issues is because I have Windows 10.

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

http://www.techspot.com/review/1081-dx11-vs-dx12-ashes/page3.html

Nope, all tiers until 960 vs. 370, unless you can find one benchathon more recent.

Maybe you need to replace your glasses. That's not winning, and the 980 ti either got worse or the Fury X got better. All those cards except for the 380 vs 960 are 1 fps apart from each other and that's within margin of error. Even the 390 being 2 fps ahead of the 970 at 1080p is within margin of error. I think the green tint you have on your current glasses is what is making you think that there is actually a clear winner in any of those brackets that isn't 380 vs 960. If anything the 390x is a winner since it's cheaper than a 980. This was expected though. You're a barrel full of BS.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

ALWAYS A FUKN FLAME WAR

FK U FML N FK BIN LADEN Err oops he's already dead...

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR 

Love-Heart.gif

Maybe you need to replace your glasses. That's not winning, and the 980 ti either got worse or the Fury X got better. All those cards except for the 380 vs 960 are 1 fps apart from each other and that's within margin of error. Even the 390 being 2 fps ahead of the 970 at 1080p is within margin of error. I think the green tint you have on your current glasses is what is making you think that there is actually a clear winner in any of those brackets that isn't 380 vs 960. If anything the 390x is a winner since it's cheaper than a 980. This was expected though. You're a barrel full of BS.

I don't care if it's 1 fps or 0.1 fps, and actually no because there were six runs of each. The margin of error was narrowed to less than 1/2 of 1 fps. Second, you obviously run the game on the better performing API, so across the board Nvidia comes out the winner. It's like flipping a setting in-game. Why would I play the DX 12 version if DX 11 gives me a better experience? Like most AMD defenders you refuse to see reason when evidence is provided. It's the hallmark of those who cannot be reasoned with.

I'm not full of BS. You're just a jaded AMD fanchild. Anyone who views that page will see the same. And next time, it's better to let everyone think you're stupid than being a keyboard warrior and removing all doubt.

Further, price/performance is a useless metric when you have the money to buy performance of any tier. Price efficiency of performance is an asinine metric for gaming. You either have the money and skill to be the best or you don't. If you don't, get the best performance you can afford.

Call me when they finally integrate real time GI.

Unity already did this.

They even called it "Precompute Realtime GI", integrated since the release of Unity 5.0.

I know this since I have been using it for a University group project.

It is still not as accurate as baked lighting however, but still looks good as you can see in the video above.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

I don't care if it's 1 fps or 0.1 fps, and actually no because there were six runs of each. The margin of error was narrowed to less than 1/2 of 1 fps. Second, you obviously run the game on the better performing API, so across the board Nvidia comes out the winner. It's like flipping a setting in-game. Why would I play the DX 12 version if DX 11 gives me a better experience? Like most AMD defenders you refuse to see reason when evidence is provided. It's the hallmark of those who cannot be reasoned with.

I'm not full of BS. You're just a jaded AMD fanchild. Anyone who views that page will see the same. And next time, it's better to let everyone think you're stupid than being a keyboard warrior and removing all doubt.

Further, price/performance is a useless metric when you have the money to buy performance of any tier. Price efficiency of performance is an asinine metric for gaming. You either have the money and skill to be the best or you don't. If you don't, get the best performance you can afford.

Wow, nice backtracking and revision as was expected of you. If not that, that is some serious amnesia and you should see a doctor about that. Let me remind you what you said:

Funny because the AOTS benchmarks say Nvidia still does it better anyways.

You were responding to a comment talking about Async compute and you said Nvidia does it better. Where does dx 11 come in?

Wow, nice backtracking and revision as was expected of you. If not that, that is some serious amnesia and you should see a doctor about that. Let me remind you what you said:

You were responding to a comment talking about Async compute and you said Nvidia does it better. Where does dx 11 come in?

No revision and no backtracking. Nvidia wins, hands down.

Async compute can be done under both. Do your research. It's EXPOSED (not required) by both DX 12 and 11.3.

it is the distro with the most support btw Eric Raymond uses ubuntu 14.04 so its far from lousy and if you dont like the unity UI you can change it to something else

No revision and no backtracking. Nvidia wins, hands down.

Async compute can be done under both. Do your research. It's EXPOSED (not required) by both DX 12 and 11.3.

Absolutely, by the Patrick invented method of "0.5 fps margin of error" TM.

it is the distro with the most support btw Eric Raymond uses ubuntu 14.04 so its far from lousy and if you dont like the unity UI you can change it to something else

No, RedHat gives far better support than Canonical. Just because more people use it doesn't mean it's better. Linux does many things better than Windows even as a desktop, yet Windows is used more purely because that's what people are used to.

Absolutely, by the Patrick invented method of "0.5 fps margin of error" TM.

You do know the margin of error shrinks with a larger sample size, right? That's how statistics works and why political polls only need a couple thousand to have a margin of error less than 2%. The error rate of the benchmark can be mitigated by having multiple runs and taking the average. When the margins of error for each card no longer overlap, there's a clear winner. It's Nvidia.

Why do we have children in LTT?

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

You do know the margin of error shrinks with a larger sample size, right? That's how statistics works and why political polls only need a couple thousand to have a margin of error less than 2%. The error rate of the benchmark can be mitigated by having multiple runs and taking the average. When the margins of error for each card no longer overlap, there's a clear winner. It's Nvidia.

Except when it doesn't with the 390 v 970 and 380 v 960. Those cards have bigger leads on their rivals than the 980 and 980 ti do on theirs. Even going by your retarded metrics, your proclamation is still that of a fanboy since it doesn't actually follow your own "fact".

i understand if you dont care about 1 fps of difference but price/performance is far from a useless metric as not everyone have tons of money to waste if a card gives me 200 fps for 200 dollars and another card gives me 200 fps for 250 dollars i would of course select the 200 dollar card over the 250 dollar card. 

Guys i'm dying here, please spare me my life and buy me food.