Razer Blade Stealth, an Ultrabook announced at CES 2016

That's what I'm doing. But not with TB currently...

What are you using then? I am going away to finish my undergrad and would rather not have to lug my full tower if I can just take my gpu to play games. 

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

I really like the look of The Core mind, I wouldnt mind a setup that consists of that, a keyboard & mouse with a monitor, then just dock a laptop and boom, ready to play :D

Razers gaming ultrabooks are really appealing to me.. but they wont even release them in the UK so fuck them

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What are you using then? I am going away to finish my undergrad and would rather not have to lug my full tower if I can just take my gpu to play games. 

It's in my signature.

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

wonder if the core would work with TB1.0 if someone made an adapter for TB3 to TB1

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

well shit its like they took a big step back with that dual core 

Linus hit the fucking nail on the head! We need a quadcore option in the stealth and it would be great if future razer blade laptops supported this tech!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

My Thunderbolt 3 is super horny for that dock, I wonder if they block it for non razer laptops.
I hope some other company will make similar eGPU dock :)

Spoiler

-CPU: Intel i7-6700k (4.4GHz) -RAM: 32GB DDR4 (2400MHz) -GPU: Nvidia GTX 980M (1206MHz Core, 2525 MHz Memory) 
-SSD1: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SATA  -PSU: 230W  
| XMG U506 (Clevo P751DM-G)

The Razer Blade just released is almost $1000. Just when I thought Google's pricing in Europe was outrageous for its phones, Razer come and do this.

Deduct VAT and it's only $200 or so more expensive. Which can probably be explained with import charges...

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

The Razer Blade just released is almost $1000. Just when I thought Google's pricing in Europe was outrageous for its phones, Razer come and do this.

4O82GXK.png

Y2AuUxR.png

FRc1kZk.png

Probably doesn't justify the whole difference, but don't forget tax differences and import tarrifs/duties/quotas for electronics

The more I think about it, this seem like a great laptop for me. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I watched like all the videos on this to see if anyone got some extra info on the core and stealth. I saw or read a review saying razer will allow third party to integrate the Core if manufacturers choose too. But just like asus and dell have their own, I'm sure the numbers will be few

snip

Yeah, like others have said US price doesn't included tax, there's also import charges, customs and all that, it still would be more expensive to import it from USA that to buy it locally, the only way that you can get it cheaper, is going to the US but on an already planned vacation/business trip so technically the trip expenses aren't counted towards the cost of the purchase, also being such a high price you might convince the cashier to do the paperwork to excluded taxes from the purchase since AFAIK non US citizen can get tax exemptions under certain conditions.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Probably doesn't justify the whole difference, but don't forget tax differences and import tarrifs/duties/quotas for electronics

These aren't manufactured in the USA like Apple's MacPros. They all come from Asia, so the USA price has to includes import tariffs, duties and the like as well. Only thing not included is VAT ( it doesn't show if the UK price has it included either ).

Even then it's still more expensive. 

Poor folks in the Southern Hemisphere pay even MORE. Despite being easier to ship to than the USA, or EU.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

can you enable g-sync on the laptop with that dock or not is my question. Like you buy a laptop that support g-sync but the gpu it has is weak and you use the dock to gain more power, so can you still use g-sync or not.

edit: also I want to see 5 way sli or xfire using the dock on desktop that support thunderbolt 3. I wanna see something like that lol

That's a different model the one Linus uses. Look specifically for Razer blade Stealth. I don't think they have published it up on the UK site yet

I'd rather get the XPS13 the bezeless design is just to beautiful.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

can you enable g-sync on the laptop with that dock or not is my question. Like you buy a laptop that support g-sync but the gpu it has is weak and you use the dock to gain more power, so can you still use g-sync or not.

edit: also I want to see 5 way sli or xfire using the dock on desktop that support thunderbolt 3. I wanna see something like that lol

If you use a GSync compatible GPU on that dock, then yes. It's not about the dock or the laptop here. It's about the GPU.

And there is no such thing as 5 way SLI. Max you can do 4 way, but not in here :P 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

If you use a GSync compatible GPU on that dock, then yes. It's not about the dock or the laptop here. It's about the GPU.

And there is no such thing as 5 way SLI. Max you can do 4 way, but not in here :P

Why destroy the dream. For me I want to see more laptop has thunderbolt 3 from now and Razer almost got me buying it but there cpu is duo cores which turn me off and not a worth buy, if only it was a quad cores then it would have win me over. Have to see the laptop that asus show off at ces that Linus broke will it price be the same as the Razer if it is then that laptop is way better

Having read all the thread I would say that people are not so excited about those news.... 

Too bad, I think this concept is a game breaker, I am really really waiting too see how much the core will cost (independently of the gpu that it will contain)

My Thunderbolt 3 is super horny for that dock, I wonder if they block it for non razer laptops.

I hope some other company will make similar eGPU dock :)

It's not razer specific hardware, it's just thunderbolt 3 to PCIE.

Razer said any OEM can make it work with their thunderbolt 3 laptops, it just requires a change in bios and a special driver.

This looks like my next laptop.

For people worried about bottlenecking, this is an excerpt from cnet:

"The Stealth actually only has integrated Intel HD 520 graphics inside, which aren't terribly good for gaming, but at CES I was able to play Fallout 4 at a high 1080p resolution on maximum settings at a buttery 90 frames per second with a Core attached -- one with an Nvidia GTX 980 Ti graphics card inside."

This is a benchmark using a reference 980 Ti and a 5930K, on Fallout 4 from gamersnexus:

00lygnT.jpg

Was about to pull the trigger on an MBPr, good thing I held off...

These aren't manufactured in the USA like Apple's MacPros. They all come from Asia, so the USA price has to includes import tariffs, duties and the like as well. Only thing not included is VAT ( it doesn't show if the UK price has it included either ).

Even then it's still more expensive. 

Poor folks in the Southern Hemisphere pay even MORE. Despite being easier to ship to than the USA, or EU.

I know they're manufactured in Asia... Like most electronics, cars, consumable goods, clothes, etc, etc are these days. There are a number of factors that need to be thought about:

• Asian manufacturers like to list per-unit costs in USD, therefore making fluctuations in currency something to worry about for countries outside of the US. 
  • Differences in import tarrifs/quotas, goods and services tax, import duties, etc between the USA and other countries (as we're using the USD as a reference price). 

The Southern Hemisphere has it's own set of issues. Australia isn't so bad as you have a pop of 20m or so, but NZ is another basket. Both NZ and Aus have to have their own set of compliance certificates, distribution, and support centers so it can significantly add to your overall costs and for some companies they just don't bother because of this.

Hope this helps.