The most pirated TV show of 2015 was ..... Game of Thrones?

AlTech

Sure you can, both the dvd's and blu-rays can be bought in Belgium.

Unfortunately they only come out after the series is over. With over half of my friends being fans, there's no way I'll survive the spoilers that long. :P

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

I really, really doubt the numbers but oh well. It will probably be the most pirated tv show until it ends or until they make it easier to legally obtain.

oruntilwheeloftimegetsatvadaption

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I can't legally get hbo or Netflix so...

Once Netflix launches in my country and has content not limited worldwide I will buy it.

I used to download music, Spotify offered a service I am not downloading music anymore.

Lol.

HBO is available in my country although I never watch it. And Netflix is not in my country but I'd be totally down for it.

It's coming sometime this year in my country.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Are those who bought the seasons on disc from stores counted as being legal? Because if not-fine then I'll keep my money.

They're legal. But it's counting people in the US who watch it on netflix or HBO.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Never understood what's so good about Game of Thrones....nothing about it seems interesting to me at all.

You are me 3 years ago! I dismissed it for a while, the show's title was turn off and I was oblivious to it. I miss that and I envy you. Listen, hang onto that opinion for as long as you can. It's a steep climb to get into and hopefully your taste in TV shows is different and you can keep ignoring.

Save yourself the pain & suffering. Because if you do get into it...

No other show has come close to consuming me as GOT. It was tough getting over the season 1 hump but I was hooked and it was too late.

Since then I read all the books, watched each episode at least 5 times, bought GOT merchandise, became annoying with texting my friends with GOT references and buying GOT related gifts for them. I even watched a youtube channel review and discussion of it at least as many times, with each review lasting as long as the episode that was reviewed.

Stay away from the crack, trust me.

On topic: The networks are starting to realize that they can't force everyone to cable and HBO is no exception. They are opening up but they have ways to go. There will always be a % of people that are hardcore torrent users that simply don't want to pay for stuff. I'm guessing greed is going to prevent cable from ever offering good value on their content but even minimal service improvements are a step forward.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

They're legal. But it's counting people in the US who watch it on netflix or HBO.

So....the results are completely inaccurate then and are designed to inflate the amount of piracy.....what's the bet HBO is crying poor.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

BTW when starting an episode off the discs you get blasted by the HBO logo, so if HBO isn't including DVD, then yeah the results should be taken with a grain of salt for now as its not an accurate representation of the amount GOT was pirated.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You are me 3 years ago! I dismissed it for a while, the show's title was turn off and I was oblivious to it. I miss that and I envy you. Listen, hang onto that opinion for as long as you can. It's a steep climb to get into and hopefully your taste in TV shows is different and you can keep ignoring.

Save yourself the pain & suffering. Because if you do get into it...

No other show has come close to consuming me as GOT. It was tough getting over the season 1 hump but I was hooked and it was too late.

Since then I read all the books, watched each episode at least 5 times, bought GOT merchandise, became annoying with texting my friends with GOT references and buying GOT related gifts for them. I even watched a youtube channel review and discussion of it at least as many times, with each review lasting as long as the episode that was reviewed.

Stay away from the crack, trust me.

On topic: The networks are starting to realize that they can't force everyone to cable and HBO is no exception. They are opening up but they have ways to go. There will always be a % of people that are hardcore torrent users that simply don't want to pay for stuff. I'm guessing greed is going to prevent cable from ever offering good value on their content but even minimal service improvements are a step forward.

I've always avoided anything that may be addicting...I've even turned down some good as anime my girlfriend made me watch when we hang out. 

Nonetheless, I don't even own cable television....no one in the house ever used it when we had it, so paying for it was...pointless.

Well if it wasn't for fansubs, a lot of good Japanese Anime would never be watched by non Japanese speaking audiences.

Creators would rather have 15 people paying for their work rather than 10,000 people not paying for their work.

I legally have access to Game of Thrones with HBO Go. HBO Go is absolutely terrible and constantly buffers on Sunday's, so I illegally download it...

Now factor that into your math.  :P

another here who Legally has HBO from a cable tv but has pirated it due to my cable company sucking a**

*Majority of anime

There's a lot of anime that Crunchyroll(and other services) never have. They have most big ticket stuff for sure and smaller things, but not everything, new or old. Like for example Dragon Ball is not available on CR, not even the new Dragon Ball Super series.

I do agree though that it's easier to watch anime online legally than western shows. And that's all thanks to cable companies...

But it shouldn't be easier for me to watch my funny Chinese cartoon then to watch western shows. it is about 99% of new anime is on Chrunchyroll, Daisuki, or Funimation. I dont watch old anime anymore, I have already watch all the ones that interest me.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

TIL, Game of Thrones is on Netflix :)

The show has constantly been the most pirated. It's impossible for many to watch legally. Thankfully I have HBO with my cable and use HBO Go to steam on my PC or in my bedroom (no cable box in there). Idk why other people have buffer issues, I watch it a min. or two after it starts airing and can fast forward and all that stuff while its airing live everywhere else. Very helpful to skip that 10 minute intro :P

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

No dear OP, if it was on Netflix, the piracy would be lower, noticeably.

TIL, Game of Thrones is on Netflix :)

The show has constantly been the most pirated. It's impossible for many to watch legally. Thankfully I have HBO with my cable and use HBO Go to steam on my PC or in my bedroom (no cable box in there). Idk why other people have buffer issues, I watch it a min. or two after it starts airing and can fast forward and all that stuff while its airing live everywhere else. Very helpful to skip that 10 minute intro :P

More like 3 minute intro :P and no it isn't on Netflix AFAIK. That's partially the issue.

So only 36% are watching legally using HBO and Netflix

It's not on Netflix.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

More like 3 minute intro :P and no it isn't on Netflix AFAIK. That's partially the issue.

3 mins is still long! I know the intros change slightly based on the story but the music and stuff got old after season 2 lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

It's not on Netflix.

OK! SORRY! People in this thread told me it was! 

I watch tv shows for free on moviebox because no netflix here, dont really fancy paying insane amounts on itunes, so people like me dont have another option

3 mins is still long! I know the intros change slightly based on the story but the music and stuff got old after season 2 lol

I plan on buying legal copies of each season once the show is over. For now I'll enjoy the benefits of the scallywag copies and having VLC set to skip the Into/outro and play all the episodes in Que. After each new season ends I do a marathon, unfortunately the show is long enough to not stay awake through the whole thing, best I can do is halfway through the third day.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Here in Canada, the only way to watch GoT is to buy a $200/mo Cable/Satelite TV package. I wonder why it's pirated.....

I justify my actions by buying every season on Blu-Ray when it comes out.