ill informed article about things PC gamers are "wrong" about

KingUnicorn

ok so I was looking around on YouTube and I went to a link that went to an article loaded with peasantry. they are listing things that pc gamers are wrong about (acording to them) and it is just loaded with wrong statements. I do not know if the writer of the article was just bored, simply didn't know, or some other thing. I will let you guys look at this and decide what you think.

here is the article:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/23/pc-gamers-wrong/

do you guys think this is a valid argument or just dumb?

The smartest idiot you will ever find

Whatever, valid argument would be not to give them clicks.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Of course, If you have a potato for PC it won't look any better. Arkham knight actually performed better on consoles when it launched iirc. 

Some correct points, but its full of exaggeration. Obviously, an article to incite reaction. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It is kinda right though, on some things though

but I hate stupid remarks in it though like "Destiny looks better on PS4" (because it's a console exclusive) or the thing about bad ports.

Either way, fans from both sides need to sometimes not be as close minded

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1.) Destiny isn't even on PC. Still, quite frankly, PC games have the potential to look better due to superior hardware. They made a horrible assumption too - just because you have more RAM doesn't mean the game will look better. That's just bollocks. Decent graphics cards do not cost a mortgage. They are grossly exaggerating the cost of a decent video card.

2.) It is an assumption that it will perform better on PC, and the PC version performing better is dependent on the game itself as well as the hardware. If you play all games at vanilla settings with no tweaking at all, you may run into the issue of games locked at 30FPS like NFS Rivals, and recently, Batman Arkham Knight(though that's been fixed).

3.) Console gaming is not for kids. Any PC gamer who says that is just plain wrong.

4.) It depends on your build.

5.) They're exaggerating things here. It's not that easy to break off a PCIe slot cover. If you follow instructions, you probably won't have any problems. Consoles have troubleshooting aspects too.

6.) You don't need to buy a super expensive keyboard anyways, especially if you're using Steam's Big Picture Mode. You could probably buy one for $5 and be fine. You can also hook up your PC to a TV and use that if you so desire.

7.) They're wrong here. A lot of console games are limited to 30FPS - the higher the FPS(along with an appropriate monitor that can display it), the better. That's a fact. Having a higher FPS brings us closer to reality, which is what most games are trying to portray more or less. If they're talking about FPS games, keyboard/mouse is objectively more accurate than using a controller. But we also have the option to using a controller if we so desire on many FPS games.

8.) Let's assume that online gaming on PC is equal to the console versions....it's free to play online and Steam has some kick-ass sales.

9.) Agreed.

Those are my thoughts.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1.) Destiny isn't even on PC. Still, quite frankly, PC games have the potential to look better due to superior hardware. They made a horrible assumption too - just because you have more RAM doesn't mean the game will look better. That's just bollocks. Decent graphics cards do not cost a mortgage. They are grossly exaggerating the cost of a decent video card.

2.) It is an assumption that it will perform better on PC, and the PC version performing better is dependent on the game itself as well as the hardware. If you play all games at vanilla settings with no tweaking at all, you may run into the issue of games locked at 30FPS like NFS Rivals, and recently, Batman Arkham Knight(though that's been fixed).

3.) Console gaming is not for kids. Any PC gamer who says that is just plain wrong.

4.) It depends on your build.

5.) They're exaggerating things here. It's not that easy to break off a PCIe slot cover. If you follow instructions, you probably won't have any problems. Consoles have troubleshooting aspects too.

6.) You don't need to buy a super expensive keyboard anyways, especially if you're using Steam's Big Picture Mode. You could probably buy one for $5 and be fine. You can also hook up your PC to a TV and use that if you so desire.

7.) They're wrong here. A lot of console games are limited to 30FPS - the higher the FPS(along with an appropriate monitor that can display it), the better. That's a fact. Having a higher FPS brings us closer to reality, which is what most games are trying to portray more or less.

8.) Let's assume that online gaming on PC is equal to the console versions....it's free to play online and Steam has some kick-ass sales.

9.) Agreed.

Those are my thoughts.

I think in 7) with fps they mean first person shooters (which play objectively better with a mouse, just like a racing game plays objectively better with a wheel).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think in 7) with fps they mean first person shooters (which play objectively better with a mouse, just like a racing game plays objectively better with a wheel).

Then a different aspect.

Joysticks are less accurate than a mouse. Even so, we can use a controller if we so desire.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm on a 2011 GPU that cost me £55 nothing amazing but still a very powerful card, i have old ass CPU which i am upgrading from to a i5 4670k £150, i have the motherboard already £60.

Modding my games has given me a much expanded experience than having to go through the game with the exact same visuals and not seeing much differnce from playing on a 7770 to a GTX 580.

So i went 4K DSR with GTA IV, Vram was not maxed in the graphics menu but the game would start to hitch from 45-50FPS down to single digits so i thought ok i am pushing this too far.

Dropped to native, went Icenhancer.... never looked back, it's amazing, and i am not done yet i have textures to do :)

My work so far.

rdyczh.jpg4LK56w.jpgFCtFQn.jpg6Rz2Yy.jpggzV4on.jpg

Looks ok, far better lighting and jaggies are almost completely gone.

I want it to look similar to this..

I have an argument right here for consoles.... do i really need to continue?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Ugh this lame ass topic yet again, don't you kids get tired of it? ;)

People actually click on youtube links?

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

For every Peasant Lie a Dollar and i would have a dozen Highend PC's.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

This is coming from VG247, a site that told gamers that they were literally retarded if they didn't like Dragon Age 2.

Realy? In this Case i am realy retarded. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I agree with almost all the points of the article except the FPS one. UNQUESTIONABLY higher on even a halfway decent PC. I don't actually have a problem with console peasants, but I will continue calling them peasants simply because it makes them angry. Good article though.

i5 3570k @4.2GHz

Corsair H100i GTX 

Asus P8Z77-V PRO 

OCZ 650W PSU

Nvidia GTX 760 SSC 2GB

Corsair Carbide 500R

SanDisk PLUS 120GB SSD

Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD