970 or 390

NicekillBG

Like the 390 being better than the 970, the discussion we're having right now. It's not true yet you push that agenda because you can't accept anything that's not true or false, black or white, this or that. You need a winner so you lie, you lie to yourself and to everyone else.

No harm in that accept when you give advice, advice that could have someone with the wrong GPU for their needs. And you use misinformation to push people into making the wrong choice.

Aaaaaaand, we're right back to square one. Benchmarks please, oh, and make sure you get one from a reputable source this time and not someone who uses a 290 and claims it was a 390. Last time we checked you were up to 2 games. I'll help you out and add Dying Light and Project CARS. Now you're up to 4 games vs....

Congratulations. You're now up to 2 games vs Metro, Witcher 3, GTA 5, Far Cry 4, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor. BF4, Dragon Age Inquisition, Tomb Raider, Star Wars: Batllefront, Hitman Absolution, Ryse, Crysis 3 and AC Unity, and 3 of these games are GameWorks games.

Notice a pattern with the games where the 970 is faster? I wonder if it's a stroke of bad luck that Nvidia seems to align itself with so many incompetent devs or is something else going on? There's no way DICE, BioWare and Square Enix are the only people who can make games that don't perform like shit. Sorry, I'm not going to recommend someone buy a slower card because Nvidia uses their libraries to give them the edge in a few games (and the games don't even perform well on Nvidia cards) when the 390 is still faster in everything else. The list is even longer since I mostly included games that came out within the last 2 year.

I hope we can get another legendary analogy from you though.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Aaaaaaand, we're right back to square one. Benchmarks please, oh, and make sure you get one from a reputable source this time and not someone who uses a 290 and claims it was a 390. Last time we checked you were up to 2 games. I'll help you out and add Dying Light and Project CARS. Now you're up to 4 games vs....

Notice a pattern with the games where the 970 is faster? I wonder if it's a stroke of bad luck that Nvidia seems to align itself with so many incompetent devs or is something else going on? There's no way DICE, BioWare and Square Enix are the only people who can make games that don't perform like shit. Sorry, I'm not going to recommend someone buy a slower card because Nvidia uses their libraries to give them the edge in a few games (and the games don't even perform well on Nvidia cards) when the 390 is still faster in everything else. The list is even longer since I mostly included games that came out within the last 2 year.

I hope we can get another legendary analogy from you though.

Take a set back, look at your post and please look at mine again. Faster is not better, even if it was and most games ran faster on the 390 it's still not better if you play the games where it's not. It was someone like you that had me buy a 290, and now I have a GPU that struggles in every game I play.

You need a winner, so you create one. Which GPU is better is subjective, not factual. That means it is impossible to say one is better without spreading misinformation.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

OP, get a 970. AMDead will be gone in a few years.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

RIP AMD

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

God I sure hope not. both Intel and NVidia sit back and milks their customers for everything they've got when they HAVE competition, and it just gets worse when they don't.

God I sure hope not. both Intel and NVidia sit back and milks their customers for everything they've got when they HAVE competition, and it just gets worse when they don't.

Even if Nvidia was the sole manufacturer of graphics cards you'd still have the gaming industry pushing them forward and they can only charge what people are able to pay, not much would change. And both are milking decade old research while devout followers spreading their gospel.

I see no benefit to the duality.

Even if Nvidia was the sole manufacturer of graphics cards you'd still have the gaming industry pushing them forward and they can only charge what people are able to pay, not much would change. And both are milking decade old research while devout followers spreading their gospel.

I see no benefit to the duality.

When they have competition, they charge less, and advance faster. It's shown through history. when AMD puts out a new card that actually pushes up against or pases an nvidia card, we immediately get a new nvidia card that slots into the right place, or they make an existing one cheaper.

It's just a fact. Same goes with intel. competition is a good thing. no competition is a bad thing.

Companies are perfectly happy to rest on their laurels milking each product as long as they possibly can.

When they have competition, they charge less, and advance faster. It's shown through history. when AMD puts out a new card that actually pushes up against or pases an nvidia card, we immediately get a new nvidia card that slots into the right place, or they make an existing one cheaper.

It's just a fact. Same goes with intel. competition is a good thing. no competition is a bad thing.

Companies are perfectly happy to rest on their laurels milking each product as long as they possibly can.

You'd be surprised how many people on here think monopolies are a good thing. The same people are bitching about how overpriced Skylake CPUs are.

960 still costs the same as a 380X which is 25% faster than it :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I wouldn't exactly call AMD super competitive right now. :(

This^

Where are the benefits? All I see are two heads on the same body.

I wouldn't exactly call AMD super competitive right now. :(

Erm? An AMD card offering 25% more performance than a similarly priced Nvidia card. Am I missing something or is the 960 currently fanboy bait.

This^

Where are the benefits? All I see are two heads on the same body.

I failed to understand the metaphor :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Gotta say a 390 ,but don't rule out a 970 if you have a small power supply.

Erm? An AMD card offering 25% more performance than a similarly priced Nvidia card. Am I missing something or is the 960 currently fanboy bait.

Nope. I just misunderstood :(

You'd be surprised how many people on here think monopolies are a good thing. The same people are bitching about how overpriced Skylake CPUs are.

actually the skylake i5's are very reasonable and actually cost less in some cases then the 4th gen i5's

I failed to understand the metaphor :D

People see a separation that doesn't exist in reality between the two companies. This is because humans would rather believe a comfortable lie, than accept an inconvenient truth. Competition works when consumers are willing to research and choose the better value. Not blindly follow a brand into the dirt.

People see a separation that doesn't exist in reality between the two companies. This is because humans would rather believe a comfortable lie, than accept an inconvenient truth. Competition works when consumers are willing to research and choose the better value. Not blindly follow a brand into the dirt.

com-fanboy-anatomy.jpg

You can believe what ever you feel like. :)

I'm no fanboy as you seem to like to infer of people when they don't agree with your view. I have intel, nvidia and AMD parts. Including CPUs and GPUs. I3s, Phenoms, FX, Geforce, Radeon, Xeon, Opteron, etc.

Actual competition is better for consumers. That is all I'm saying.

I'm no fanboy as you seem to like to infer of people when they don't agree with your view. I have intel, nvidia and AMD parts. Including CPUs and GPUs. I3s, Phenoms, FX, Geforce, Radeon, Xeon, Opteron, etc.

Without consumers willing to think, competition is impossible.

Without consumers willing to think, competition is impossible.

Last time AMD was super competitive we saw their marketshare increase fairly significantly. Sadly things have stagnated and they've dropped to like 20%. Most people aren't fanboys. Maybe a lot are on tech forums, but most people aren't on tech forums.

That's just standard. He said false things. I showed him he was wrong. I am now a fanboy. It's genius.

Last time AMD was super competitive we saw their marketshare increase fairly significantly. Sadly things have stagnated and they've dropped to like 20%. Most people aren't fanboys. Maybe a lot are on tech forums, but most people aren't on tech forums.

No, people are much worst, misinformed.

No, people are much worst, misinformed.

Sigh. Is arguing the only thing you know how to do?

Sigh. Is arguing the only thing you know how to do?

???? How was I arguing? Unfortunately I'm pushed into a position that if I showed how I'm not arguing with you. that itself would be an argument :lol: .

So I'll apologise if that's how you took it.

7f3.png