970 or 390

NicekillBG

Loved it when I used it, but everyone is entitled to their own. Why don't you like it?

buggy as fudge and cannot deal with it when drunk

So 80% or 40% seems like a no brainer for a 390 but I know quite a few people who go nvidia just for shadow play alone.

Still I wouldn't base my purchase on DX12 games considering they aren't really out yet...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How do you know? :D

Many aint even thought about yet

Deus Ex

Tomb Raider (does that count)

Ashes

can't remember the others (3AM, sleep time)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280聽 3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Tried it, hated it, turned it off.

OBS or bust

It doesn't even work with me. xD not that I really have a reason to record I don't do youtube or stream

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4 聽Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD聽Sound: Custom One Pros聽Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Still I wouldn't base my purchase on DX12 games considering they aren't really out yet...

Yeah I suppose.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4 聽Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD聽Sound: Custom One Pros聽Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

So 80% or 40% seems like a no brainer for a 390 but I know quite a few people who go nvidia just for shadow play alone.

so..is that out of the 5 dx12 titles on the market?

honestly, its too early to even know if DX12 will stick. (alternatives are popping up left and right, who knows what'll happen)

I had the opportunity to go straight up 980TI or Fury X if I wanted to, but I went for a 970 because I'll never use the power of either of those and the Crimson drivers, along with AMD drivers in general, have been grinding my gears since...

videodriverhascrashed.png

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar 聽/ 聽Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo 聽/ 聽Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

actually, i'd see the shield stuff as a valid argument for the nvidia side, i had a whale of a time using my raspberry pi as a shield console.

SNIP

Random question but what game is that?

----

I agree with the rest of this thread, I would take the 970 and the 5% FPS drop for the sake of being able to play the damn game day one.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz)聽|聽Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula聽|聽Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz聽|聽ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti聽| EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold聽| Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB)聽| Full EK custom water loop聽|IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I had the opportunity to go straight up 980TI or Fury X if I wanted to, but I went for a 970 because I'll never use the power of either of those and the Crimson drivers, along with AMD drivers in general, have been grinding my gears since...

i feel the frustration here, my HD5770 killed itself over not having vsync. (the fan bearings blew out after running 100% for a few years...)

videodriverhascrashed.png

Funny. I had to reinstall my OS cause of Nvidia's drivers.....Not kidding, fuck that shit. They hate mobile users.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280聽 3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

so..is that out of the 5 dx12 titles on the market?

honestly, its too early to even know if DX12 will stick. (alternatives are popping up left and right, who knows what'll happen)

Yeah kinda hoping vulkan takes over tbh, don't really see it for AAA games tho. Dx12 is tied to windows 10 isn't it?

390 because it has 4.5gb more vram.

Oh god, that didn't take long. Can we have one topic without fan rhetoric? Games use the VRAM available to them and nothing has been shown that the 8g on the 390 and the 4g (yes, 4g) on the 970 makes a difference. No developer in their right mind would develope a fucking game that only the 390 and it's duct taped on VRAM could handle.

So please, can we have one of these without the church of AMD sending a prophet.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Random question but what game is that?

the first one is banished, which may as well just be one of the most optimized city builders i know of.

the second one is talos principle. its not more optimized than most games out there, but its my example of a good guy game dev putting in ALL the config options.

the full configuration options of the game are like a fken bible...

Funny. I had to reinstall my OS cause of Nvidia's drivers.....Not kidding, fuck that shit. They hate mobile users.

Just waiting for this one until I move to AMD again.

display-driver-stopped-responding.jpg

hueheuhehue

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar 聽/ 聽Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo 聽/ 聽Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Oh god, that didn't take long. Can we have one topic without fan rhetoric? Games use the VRAM available to them and nothing has been shown that the 8g on the 390 and the 4g (yes, 4g) on the 970 makes a difference. No developer in their right mind would develope a fucking game that only the 390 and it's duct taped on VRAM could handle.

So please, can we have one of these without the church of AMD sending a prophet.

Saves you somewhat from crappy console ports. Batman arkham knight is a vram hog

Yeah kinda hoping vulkan takes over tbh, don't really see it for AAA games tho. Dx12 is tied to windows 10 isn't it?

thats why i dont see DX12 stick, its too limited. certainly with the rather negative views on W10 from the enthousiast community. (which overlaps a lot with gamers)

i still blame lenovo for that, but yeah, both sides have their fair share of issues.

in the end its a "pick your poison" kinda deal.

I've had games crash cause of not enough VRAM when my GPU could easily push 100fps (TitanFall, Skyrim, Mordor)

thats why i dont see DX12 stick, its too limited. certainly with the rather negative views on W10 from the enthousiast community. (which overlaps a lot with gamers)

i still blame lenovo for that, but yeah, both sides have their fair share of issues.

in the end its a "pick your poison" kinda deal.

Thing is, Bios loads properly, it was the OS that had a bricked registry I assume and it happened right after a driver update ^_^

I've had games crash cause of not enough VRAM when my GPU could easily push 100fps (TitanFall, Skyrim, Mordor)

Not with 4g of VRAM though, which is the norm today.

Just waiting for this one until I move to AMD again.

display-driver-stopped-responding.jpg

hueheuhehue

Yup. That was my diver update experience. Followed by registry corruption and BSODS.....

Not with 4g of VRAM though, which is the norm today.

yes with 4GB - 860M 4GB.

actually, i'd see the shield stuff as a valid argument for the nvidia side, i had a whale of a time using my raspberry pi as a shield console.

Moonlight on Android works surprisingly well, as long as the game doesn't depend on the frame rate too much like point and clicks. Not that I really enjoy playing games with a touch screen, it would be a different story with a controller however.

yes with 4GB - 860M 4GB.

In before moble, shit, you were talking to me.

Laptop

yes with 4GB - 860M 4GB.

well, its not the question if 8GB is necessary in general, its the question of OP will need it.

i havent faced a single scenario where i came even close to filling up the 4GB while still having a smooth experience, but then skyrim mods.