970 or 390

NicekillBG

Yup. That was my diver update experience. Followed by registry corruption and BSODS.....

y u do dis emd nd ENvidia

y u no lemme play gms

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

It's our duty to recommend a 390 to keep amd kicking more comp the better.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's our duty to recommend a 390 to keep amd kicking more comp the better.

You call a rebadge competition?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

shadowplay is shit, deal with it

srsly, who uses it?

95% of SP users are users with 970s trying to make it big on youtube.

No 3.5 jokes yet so far, so that's refreshing to see.

No 3.5 jokes yet so far, so that's refreshing to see.

No worries, I took care of it.

srsly, who uses it?

95% of SP users are users with 970s trying to make it big on youtube.

ikr :P

Everyone buys an expensive CPU because they want to do "editing" or "streaming" but really they want to sit on their arses and play games :P

#typicalLinustechtips

You call a rebadge competition?

Yes. It's beating their latest and greatest. How the hell is "Maxwell because it's newer" still an argument till this day?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Which and why?

Also i know Nvidia has better game support just because they copy ea and dont share

Get a 390. It's faster. The extra 4GB VRAM isnt even the main argument. A 970 loses to a Vapor X and PCS+ 290, and those are 4GB cards.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Deus Ex

Tomb Raider (does that count)

Ashes

can't remember the others (3AM, sleep time)

Fable Legends

Star Citizen will eventually get a dx 12 patch if it doesn't launch with it.

Get a 390. It's faster. The extra 4GB VRAM isnt even the main argument. A 970 loses to a Vapor X and PCS+ 290, and those are 4GB cards.

On paper it's faster... it real life, the driver performance and game optimization sucks, so it will not perform as great as it should.

People can argue all they want that the 390 is faster, but until game developers and AMD driver developers get their sh$t together I will always go with Nvidia.

Yes. It's beating their latest and greatest. How the hell is "Maxwell because it's newer" still an argument till this day?

How is it beating the 970?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-best-pc-hardware-for-fallout-4-4023

You can't point to a few games and declare victory. That's console talk.

On paper it's faster... it real life, the driver performance and game optimization sucks, so it will not perform as great as it should.

People can argue all they want that the 390 is faster, but until game developers and AMD driver developers get their sh$t together I will always go with Nvidia.

No, it's faster in real life.

How is it beating the 970?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-best-pc-hardware-for-fallout-4-4023

You can't point to a few games and declare victory. That's console talk.

Yes, 1 game > few games.

I made this decision recently. I was strongly considering the 970. Strongly. But in the end it came down to future proofing, and idealism. I wanted a card that would last me a long time with room to grow, while staying under $500cad in cost (credit card was near its limit and sale wasn't going to last much longer), and I'm really jaded on nvidia these days, while have always wanted to support "the little guy". So I got the MSI R9 390. I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with it over the long term.

No, it's faster in real life.

It isn't. What you're showing there are 1440p and 4k benchmarks. In 1080p, the 970 is faster in real life.

But whatever, I'm not going to get into this discussion. It's saturday night and I went to get hammered.

It isn't. What you're showing there are 1440p and 4k benchmarks. In 1080p, the 970 is faster in real life.

But whatever, I'm not going to get into this discussion. It's saturday night and I went to get hammered.

That's because they're both 1440p cards. Graphics not running at their full potential at lower resolutions than they were intended is not a new thing. Next thing you're going to tell me a 970 is better because it's faster at 720p. And JayZ benchmarks included 1080p and the 970 was losing there too.

I'll do this one game at a time. You let me know when you're ready to let them be equal.

Congratulations. You're now up to 2 games vs Metro, Witcher 3, GTA 5, Far Cry 4, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor. BF4, Dragon Age Inquisition, Tomb Raider, Star Wars: Batllefront, Hitman Absolution, Ryse, Crysis 3 and AC Unity, and 3 of these games are GameWorks games.

That's because they're both 1440p cards. Graphics not running at their full potential at lower resolutions than they were intended is not a new thing. Next thing you're going to tell me a 970 is better because it's faster at 720p. And JayZ benchmarks included 1080p and the 970 was losing there too.

I think it's been established that the 970 is a 1080p card.

If you're going to game at 1440p or 4k, you shouldn't even consider any these cards to begin with.

Congratulations. You're now up to 2 games vs Metro, Witcher 3, GTA 5, Far Cry 4, Shadow of Mordor. BF4, Dragon Age Inquisition, Tomb Raider, Star Wars: Batllefront, Hitman Absolution, Ryse, Crysis 3 and AC Unity, and 3 of these games are GameWorks games.

I'll post another video proving Gameworks runs better on the 970. But I too am drinking beer and away from my PC. But while you wait. What exactly would happen if you weren't obsessed with one being better than the other, and accepted they are both great cards for different reasons and as such nether is better than the other?

I'm thinking a rash, hope I didn't just prime you.

I'll post another video proving Gameworks runs better on the 970. But I too am drinking beer and away from my PC. But while you wait. What exactly would happen if you weren't obsessed with one being better than the other, and accepted they are both great cards for different reasons and as such nether is better than the other?

I'm thinking a rash, hope I didn't just prime you.

News Flash!!!!: GameWork settings work better on Nvidia cards. More at 11!

News Flash!!!!: GameWork settings work better on Nvidia cards. More at 11!

Have a beer with me, play Fallout 4, the beer will help with the WRONG lol

Congratulations. You're now up to 2 games vs Metro, Witcher 3, GTA 5, Far Cry 4, Shadow of Mordor. BF4, Dragon Age Inquisition, Tomb Raider, Star Wars: Batllefront, Hitman Absolution, Ryse, Crysis 3 and AC Unity, and 3 of these games are GameWorks games.

Here, rather than feed your addiction to defending AMD, I'll just leave you with this. Better things to do with beer reasons.

Here, rather than feed your addiction to defending AMD, I'll just leave you with this. Better things to do with beer reasons.

Gigabyte 390 stuck @ 1025 MHz and also throttles. Good joke. I'll refer you back to JayZ and DigitalFoundry's reviews that don't use a shitty card.