LINUS TECH TIPS TEAM Q&A

Slick

OK I upgraded to 2 500g ssd's and a 250g hdd. I installed steam on ssd #2, ssd#1 has os. It seems that it still causes ssd#1 to fill up. I have just recently did a wipe and reload on ssd#1. And same issues. I am installing the steam games on ssd#2 and am double checking that is where they are going.

question for linus: Can you do a home server tutorial using ebay for hardware minus the drives?

1. What did everyone do before they were hired to lmg.

2. And how did each and every person get hired/recruited.

3. Also how many people have you actually fired (not fake fired like you fire luke all the time) and why (don't need to say who). 

4. What was the most difficult and scariest time of LMG, what was the lowest net worth of lmg ever.

5. When will Linus's book come out? (Luke mentioned you were writing, or potentially writing a book).

@LinusTech

How did you come up with the names for the servers? Was it total random choice or does each name have significance?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Here's a somewhat serious question (because I can't think of a jokey one):

What's it like working in a tech company? (compared to an office job?)

(sub question) What's the workflow like and how good is it? (does it benefit you if you are a lazy person?)

What would you be doing if you weren't working at LMG?

Thanks

Did you ever imagine LMG and LTT would reach such a wide audience and inspire so many people to get into tech?

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

@LinusTech Have you ever held back your negative comments on something you review? For the fear of losing sponsorship?

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Hello.

1. Can we expect Scrapyard Wars S04?

2. Are there any future projects happening in colab with other "youtube tech personalities" like MKBHD, Unboxtherapy, Austin...?

3. REQUEST: more show-like content!! Absolutely loved all scrapyard wars seasons, the xmas themed tech showdown!

Keep on making awesome content. Also good job, Berkel with the Chanel Super Fun :)

@LinusTech Have you ever held back your negative comments on something you review? For the fear of losing sponsorship?

He has actually criticized companies like Corsair despite having sponsorship with them, and they're still in good business dealings.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

ALL: If you had to estimate the net worth of EVERYTHING in the warehouse... What would you say it would be valued at (CDN or USD, I don't mind lol)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Q. Why did you start to work for LTT, how did you learn about it?

System Specs

Windows 10 Home x64 AMD A10-7850k APU ASUS Strix R7 370 Overclock Edition 2GB | Corsair CX500M ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ G.Skill Ares 2x4GB

Accessories

Corsair K70 RGB | Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Kraken PRO

1) did anyone try to beat up Linus when he was walking around town with that 'Live Reporting Backpack'? 

2) are you going to actually make a orange & black LTT themed build featuring your new LTT Noctua fans...? you should have done this the day they came out...

3) can you PLEASE do more budget build guides!?!?!?! that are like actually in depth... and have a well thought out upgrade path for when you have more moneys...

4) why do alot of your budget build guides feature PSUs that are well known for being POSs like the Corsair CX series... when there are much better choices in the same price range.

5) what on earth possessed Linus to actually create a 'Linus Cat Tips' channel?

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

To Linus: Whats a ball park cost on the new office move?

To Luke: Why was Denise employed? :P

Returning after 8 years dormant

To everyone:

1. If LMG didn't exist, what will you guys be doing?

2. What do you want to be when you're growing up, does it relate to the jobs your doing right now?

3. If time travel is possible, what period do you want to visit, and are there any life decision you wish you can go back and change?

4. What advice would you give to your 5 year old self?

5. What advice would you give to your future self?

6. Where do you see yourself in 20, 30 or 50 years?

7. Favorite food or dish, what is it, why?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

How do you think Yvonne will deal with all of the sexual tension between Luke and Linus all day when she starts working there :P

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

@Slick, have any fans specificaly aproached you while you where hanging out with othe ltt members bechause they only recognised you?

and whats the most awkward fan encounter any of the LTT staff has had? (this question is for all of you)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Have a question you've wanted to ask a specific member?

need some insight on a random problem?

Why turnip on the wan show?

POST THEM BELOW!

Video coming soon maybe?

1440p monitor better or 4k monitor better for gaming.

Why hasn't LTT done anything related with AMD CPU's in a while?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Where do you see LMG in 5-10 years?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

To Dennis and Berkel

Can we see your best Doge impression?

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/