Belgium's biggest advertising panel hi-jacked

patrick3027

65807901_B977436440Z.1_20151228081232_00

A group of hackers have succeeded in hi-jacking one of Belgium's most famous advertising panels, the Coca Cola ad on the De Brouckèreplein in central Brussels. For a while the country's largest advertising panel was hi-jacked by a series of images that included a troll face and two naked breasts.

In a video released by an anonymous group last weekend (see below) you can see how the hackers experience little trouble getting into the building where the panel is housed. On the roof they replace the Coca Cola logo by a series of images including one that says “Hello BXL!". Another featured the Coca Cola logo with naked breasts in the background.

It's understood that a judicial complaint has been filed against the perpetrators whose faces have been made unrecognisable in the video below.

Sauce : http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.2533866

The video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jo4m2_le-panneau-coca-cola-de-la-place-de-brouckere-pirate_fun#tab_embed

I think this is awesome

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

@MG2R Was this you? :P

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

ive always wondered if I could do this with my HTC one M8 since its got that infra red thing to control TV's

ive always wondered if I could do this with my HTC one M8 since its got that infra red thing to control TV's

Got any projectors in school that use a remote control? 

Well, hint hint. 

I blame @Stijncat!

WQPJy2U.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Haha, that's pretty awesome.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's fake, probably set up by the advertising company itself.

The hacker's video was released three weeks ago: https://www.facebook.com/MonsterFilm/videos/10153171883262353/

The Coca Cola logo with a pair of boobs behind it? Not sure Coca Cola likes that.

Also, the platform on which the advertising panel stands will be used to release fireworks on New Year's eve. The city considers this incident a very serious security issue.

Both the city and Coca Cola have filed a complaint. If it turns out Coca Cola did this on purpose, the bad publicty they would get for breaking the law would be huge.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

I don't do French, you know this!

Butbut, the magic of French! french.gif

It is pretty funny though. I'm actually astonished that not more advertisement panels get hacked more frequently.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

@Ssoele and @VampireKid must be your work. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I wonder what went through the minds of the people of Brussels, expecting to see a Coca-Cola ad and instead seeing a trollface or a pair of tits...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Got any projectors in school that use a remote control? 

Well, hint hint. 

Can't tell you how many times I used that shit rofl.

German professor: "Well, the projector keeps turning off, I'll have to call in a tech to come in and look at it for me. Since we can't get through this PP you can all just go early I guess. Have a great weekend!"

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Can't tell you how many times I used that shit rofl.

German professor: "Well, the projector keeps turning off, I'll have to call in a tech to come in and look at it for me. Since we can't get through this PP you can all just go early I guess. Have a great weekend!"

Our use of it almost had the techs purchasing new projectors... Was at that point we stopped  :lol:

I was there on the 28th, missed it, damnit. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Pulls off great hack.......forgets to wear gloves and leaves behind a plethora of fingerprints.

Not sure if I would call it a hack, they just disconnected the remote admin for the computer running the panel and changed the images on the unsecured unit running the panel, this is more a BnE without any theft. If they had gained access through the remote admin interface I would then I (personally) would say it was a hack.