Project Nstalgic: Scratch-built Case, Desk, Passive LCS on Copper Tubing [ SCRAPPED ]

oh yes! i can only imagine it! :)

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

UPDATE: Front Glass window - After The Test Fit Next update

I thought I should at least add the top and left windowed panels to give you guys some idea of the Ns1

Even though the panels aren't in now way ready just held together by gravity and two rusty allen screws.

Don't worry though, the allen screws will be nickel plated with the copper tubings soon !

And I have finally decided to give housing panels the same matte black textured finish that's on the main structure of the case.

You can check it out the matte black textured finish of the case here

I have a long way ahead of me to finish this project and being here inspired me to push ahead no matter what !

Thank You guys for being so kind and supportive  :)  

post-22033-0-13417000-1380286087_thumb.jpost-22033-0-62453800-1380286103_thumb.j

I'm definitely curious to see how this will turn out, it's certainly

something very unique. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

One way glass should add some cool effect to the lighting inside the case   :wub: 

That is genius :D. Then the lighting will reflect off the mirrored side of the glass adding more lighting to the case. I love it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That is genius :D. Then the lighting will reflect off the mirrored side of the glass adding more lighting to the case. I love it.

It's not mirror not really. Next update

It's a one way glass, meaning you can see through it if the reflective side is on the brighter side of the glass !

post-22033-0-62244600-1380226376_thumb.j <Like this

This is the glass you see in every movie/ tv show's interrogation room.

So, things start to get interesting when you lit the dark side and look from the reflective side ;)

If you look closely you can see the inside of the case but just a haze since the inside isn't properly lit !

post-22033-0-62453800-1380286103_thumb.j < Here 

Now imagine a very well lit 400mm T-Virus right behind that glass :wub:

post-22033-0-01944300-1380058583.jpg

eh eh, I am not a genius :lol: Just a guy trying to realize a dream of a lifetime !

With this much support, I just might achieve it.

I want you to achieve it so bad....like you don't even know

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

oh man! chameleon case!

lights off just a little peeking inside! :ph34r:

LIGHTS ON AND THE FULL GLORY! :wub:

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

I'm definitely curious to see how this will turn out, it's certainly

something very unique. :)

I have always wanted a case that would work for me.

Tried out quite a few cases - modded some of them too to no avail.

After watching the Linus's CES coverage I was really excited !

I finally thought I would get the 900D when it comes out. 

Quite frankly 900D was a big disappointment for me, 

Don't get me wrong it's a good case but it lacks certain character that even the 800D had, I don't know how else to put it really.

I am sure most would disagree with me but this is how I feel.

So, here we are, trying to do this crazy thing!

I just hope I can pull it off  :unsure:

Don't get me wrong it's a good case but it lacks certain character that even the 800D had, I don't know how else to put it really.

I actually think I know what you mean. There are some very awesome builds

with the 900D, but the naked case in and of itself has left me somewhat

cold as well.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Nice build log, but do you really need to shout?

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Nice build log, but do you really need to shout?

Shouting is caps lock, this is writing with emphasis. :lol:

EDIT

What do you mean?

In case you're really wondering what he means and aren't being sarcastic:

I think he's referring to the large text. ;)

This is talking normally.

THIS IS SHOUTING, DUDE.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I didn't mean to offend anyone but could you please quote me where i did such "SHOUTING" ?

You've done it in every post so far. Big old text man. We're not blind, mate.

This is talking normally.

THIS IS SHOUTING, DUDE.

I don't think he meant it like that, it's just his formatting for the log. ;)

One may or may not like it, but I certainly didn't get the impression that

he was out to offend anyone.

Anyway, let's not derail this log methinks. :)

UPDATE: Swiftech Apogee GTZ - Chemical Bath Next update

I am glad I never have to do this again, My experience wasn't pretty !

I knew this mixture of chemicals would be bad for the skin hence the industrial grade chemical gloves.

But I had totally underestimated the fume emission of this process. 

So far it looks like it got the job done, more on that on the next update.

post-22033-0-89715800-1380501064_thumb.j

post-22033-0-80724500-1380501042_thumb.j

post-22033-0-75499100-1380501052_thumb.j

Can you take some straight on pictures of the front (camera not tilted?).  I'm a bit confused with the side angles and stuff.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/