Project Nstalgic: Scratch-built Case, Desk, Passive LCS on Copper Tubing [ SCRAPPED ]

• 1 month later...

Cool build man. Cant wait to see how the final product will look like.

keep it up!

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I should really get those HD598s...... Would match my build so awesomely. Oh well ^^ 

On topic: This is one hell of an awesome build! ^^ Subbed.

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I've seen too many build logs to count, but this easily takes top 5! Keep up the good work

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

The design seems really unique.Cant wait to see it completed!

Thank You :)

This is a great build dude! Can't wait for the final pics! D:< :P

Btw, I am bengali. :P

Awesome :lol: 

Cool build man. Cant wait to see how the final product will look like.

keep it up!

Thank you, I will do my best :)

I should really get those HD598s...... Would match my build so awesomely. Oh well ^^ 

On topic: This is one hell of an awesome build! ^^ Subbed.

You should :D It would look great with your Antique Noctua build !

Thanks for the sub, I am looking forward to your build too  B)

I've seen too many build logs to count, but this easily takes top 5! Keep up the good work

Thank you, that means a lot to me  :)

HD 595 are pretty awesome, no idea why they went with brown, though, they look like the Noctuas of headphones :lol:.

I only saw them... 1 day after I bought my PC 363Ds... :( 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

UPDATE: Un-sleeved psu cables, crappy paint job & Sewing Next update

So, this is just a trial run. Don't look at the paint job  <_<  Promise the real thing would look way better !
It certainly doesn't look as refined as the sleeved cables but i think it has it's own style to it.
I would probably go for a rubberized finish on the wires and tidy up the sewing a bit.
What do u guys think? Should I go for it?

post-22033-0-75247000-1390363703_thumb.jpost-22033-0-98157200-1390363714_thumb.jpost-22033-0-05235800-1390363691_thumb.j

Nice.

I love the way the wires look. I don't know why. Reminds me of the Alien.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Excellent work coming from Bangladesh Shahriar Mahmood, real nice detailed work. Look forward to seeing a completed product from you. Keep up the great work. A++

Thank You  :D

Nice.

I love the way the wires look. I don't know why. Reminds me of the Alien.

That's it, I am going for it  :P

UPDATE: Front I/O discontinued, Power & Reset switch placement Next update

Front I/O: First change I've made in my original plan so far, I am ditching the front I/O concept altogether.

Only reason I wanted a front I/O option because of my headphone & mic and never cared much for the front USB ports !
I am selling my Xonar STX and getting an external AMP&DAC.
So, I don't need front I/O ports and also it wasn't helping to keep the design of the case as minimalistic as possible.

Four- in-one custom switch: A mirror cut on that triangle shape that would reflect the light coming from the top.
But that one triangle will have 4 parts and under each of them will be a switch !!
Power and Reset buttons will be under each corner of the mirror. So, it would be harder to press them accidentally.
Also as a good measure, I would put a high actuation pressure on those two...

To help ur imagination  ;)

post-22033-0-98380600-1390504361_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Nice work Shahriar Bhai!!

Your project makes me want to WC too. And I definitely will.

Good luck on this onw :)

• 5 weeks later...

Very cool build @Shahriar Mahmood. You should be quite pleased with yourself. I would. This is going to look like a high-end mainstream case at the end, I presume.. Which is awesome. That would just show it looks professional.

I've subscribed to this thread for updates. Awaiting patiently for updates and especially the completed result.

Keep the greatness going!~

PS: I would sleeve the PSU cables. But, use your imagination to make it something unique, and not the usual sleeving people do. I'm sure you have it in you to create something great. Either way, I would definitely do something with the cables. IMO they don't look that good. Too thin 'n such.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

o wow, anymore updates coming?

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

Nice work Shahriar Bhai!!

Your project makes me want to WC too. And I definitely will.

Good luck on this onw :)

Thank you Bhaiya :)

Very cool build @Shahriar Mahmood. You should be quite pleased with yourself. I would. This is going to look like a high-end mainstream case at the end, I presume.. Which is awesome. That would just show it looks professional.

I've subscribed to this thread for updates. Awaiting patiently for updates and especially the completed result.

Keep the greatness going!~

PS: I would sleeve the PSU cables. But, use your imagination to make it something unique, and not the usual sleeving people do. I'm sure you have it in you to create something great. Either way, I would definitely do something with the cables. IMO they don't look that good. Too thin 'n such.

Thank you so much for your kind words, I do hope to have some work done by the end of this month.

I am considering your suggestion on the cables, Let's see what I can do with em  :)

o wow, anymore updates coming?

Yes, of course !

Might take some time though  :D

Thank you so much for your kind words, I do hope to have some work done by the end of this month.

I am considering your suggestion on the cables, Let's see what I can do with em  :)

Good, let me know what you come up with. I might leech the idea. :D

You seem to have a good certain skill set.. Coming up with great ideas.

So, I can't wait to find out.

Also, when is next update? C'mon slacker.

PC Mod > Life

Nice one :)

Thanks  :)

Good, let me know what you come up with. I might leech the idea. :D

You seem to have a good certain skill set.. Coming up with great ideas.

So, I can't wait to find out.

Also, when is next update? C'mon slacker.

PC Mod > Life

Sure, my ideas are open for all and to be improved upon  B)

However, keep your expectation to a minimum and your patience high.

Let's finish the actual case first. Then on to the build, cable and the copper tubing.

Good things take time  :D

Thanks  :)

Sure, my ideas are open for all and to be improved upon  B)

However, keep your expectation to a minimum and your patience high.

Let's finish the actual case first. Then on to the build, cable and the copper tubing.

Good things take time  :D

Oh, I could care less about the build itself.. When I say give updates, I mean on the case. That's all I care about. That and your unique mods.

By the way, so this thread is almost 13 pages, and I don't want to read the whole thing just to (maybe) see if this was answered, so I'll ask anyways:

Have you tested your 24-pin & 8-pin power cables that you soldered to the motherboard? If so, how's it working?

Oh, I could care less about the build itself.. When I say give updates, I mean on the case. That's all I care about. That and your unique mods.

By the way, so this thread is almost 13 pages, and I don't want to read the whole thing just to (maybe) see if this was answered, so I'll ask anyways:

Have you tested your 24-pin & 8-pin power cables that you soldered to the motherboard? If so, how's it working?

I did thought about the 24-pin/8-pin soldering idea but I am still not sure I would go on that path.

You can find a thread on it there: http://linustechtips...e-2#entry595282

I did thought about the 24-pin/8-pin soldering idea but I am still not sure I would go on that path.

You can find a thread on it there: http://linustechtips...e-2#entry595282

Oh.. Oops! I'm half-retarded. Haha okay, thanks. :D

When's next update? ;)