Asus Maximus VIII Formula built with ek waterblock

ASUS ROG lineup is getting a new entry and a glorious one in the form of the ROG Maximus VIII Formula board. The ROG Formula motherboards has seen eight iterations so far, each perfecting the previous design and using the latest PCH from Intel. The latest addition is aimed at Intel’s Skylake generation of processors and uses the Z 170 series chipset while featuring its own list of addons.

Asus Maximus VIII Formula, newest member to their ROG line up, features the latest Intel 1151 socket for Core i7, i5, i3, Pentium, and Celeron Skylake processors. Up to 64GB of DDR4, capable of above 3000MHz. Next up there are 3x PCIe x16 slot, supporting SLI and CFX, 8x SATA 6Gb/s with 4 of them part of SATA Express, and a single U.2 connector. At the back you get your typical video out put connectors like HDMI and Display Port, a single PS/2 combo port, WiFi antenna connectors, USB 3.0 both type A and type C. gigabit port, and audio ports. The Asus Maximus Formula features their ROG armor much like the ones found on their Sabertooth line up, along with a motherboard back plate. What's special about this board, is its hybrid cooling system. It can be used as standard heatsinks, or with water cooling. The waterblock is designed by EK, it's installed on the VRMs, located around the cpu socket, below the ROG armor. No details about what the EK waterblock is made of yet, but we might get more info on it once Asus reveals it.  Then there is the RGB lighting, previous boards with RGB has a flaw, where only the PCH heatsink has it, and the rest doesn't, so it defeats the purpose of color matching with other components. This time, they fixed that, so almost all parts are RGB, even down to the debug LED window. And a minor change is their power and reset switch, it's now made to look like its part of the ROG armor. they're located at the left side of the 24 pin ATX power connector. 

Might update with more info, once Asus gives out more details.

zxmfpf.jpg

24oxw.jpg

evcio5.jpg

Http://wccftech.com/asus-rog-maximus-viii-formula-motherboard-showcase/

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/asus_rog_maximus_formula_viii_-_rgb_done_right/1

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Saw this a few days ago on OC3D.  I cannot wait for future motherboard lines from all vendors.  The looks are gettin' better.  Not a fan of the RGB, but the look / armor, and U.2/SFF-8639 connector has all my attention.  Still will get a workstation board whenever possible, but.. man these are nice.

That is fucking gorgeous, like it's just about the sexiest component I've ever seen.

I want one, right now.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Saw this a few days ago on OC3D.  I cannot wait for future motherboard lines from all vendors.  The looks are gettin' better.  Not a fan of the RGB, but the look / armor, and U.2/SFF-8639 connector has all my attention.  Still will get a workstation board whenever possible, but.. man these are nice.

Like the armour? Asus Sabertooth X99 :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I'm just waiting for another Mark S Sabertooth  :(

Like the armour? Asus Sabertooth X99 :P

Sabertooth X99 is unfortunately missing PS/2, and it's got the Sabertooth color scheme.  These're pretty black / grey.  Agnostic.

Sabertooth X99 is unfortunately missing PS/2, and it's got the Sabertooth color scheme.  These're pretty black / grey.  Agnostic.

You can take the armour off and paint it? :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Finally, a RGB mobo that has a neutral color so you can actually use the RGB without it looking hideous.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

@NumLock21 you talk about waterblock in your title, mind to put it down in your post? because it feels quite clickbaity right now since it's hard to see that EK branding on the boards.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

@NumLock21 you talk about waterblock in your title, mind to put it down in your post? because it feels quite clickbaity right now since it's hard to see that EK branding on the boards.

doesn't need any more mentioning though, you just need to know it has it, there isn't really a spec for it

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I added a picture showing the EK logo, but other than that, there is no more info on this board, even Asus site doesn't have it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

some want to buy my Maximus VIII Hero? :D

i7-6700k @ 4,6Ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti Hydro Copper | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Corsair 760T V2 EVGA SuperNova 1000W P2 | Samsung 850 EVO 1TB EKWB Custom Loop | 6x Noctua Industrial PPC Fans

Display's: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | ASUS PB278QR | Peripherals: Logitech G19 | Roccat Nyth | Sennheiser HD600 + ModMic 4.0

TBH I have the VII Formula, yes its great but the front "armor" is made of plastic and only the back-plate is  made from metal.... and you dont even see it!. But it still looks great :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

That is fucking gorgeous...

It looks the same as the normal motherboard but with colours other than just red.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I added a picture showing the EK logo, but other than that, there is no more info on this board, even Asus site doesn't have it.

It's a standard copper VRM block from EK, similar to what they had for the Maximus VI Formula. Nothing special, just that it's stock on the board itself now.

Make the armour available seperately for Z97 Sabertooth and its a deal.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Wow first motherboard to do RGB right.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Now I just need a rbg sabertooth

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem