Russian gamer sues Bethesda because Fallout 4 cost him his job & marriage

elfensky
A 28-year-old man in Siberia has filed a lawsuit against Fallout 4 developer Bethesda claiming the game was “so addictive” that it caused him to lose his job.

The man believes Bethesda Game Studios and Russian localization firm SoftClub should have put a warning label on Fallout 4 to infom him it would be a potentially addictive product. For not doing so, the man has asked for 500,000 rubles (about $7,050 USD) as compensation for his emotional distress

Well, like the article mentions such a case happened before in the US, but this would be the first precedent in Russia.

I think it's bullshit to sue Bethesda or SoftClub for this, as the fact that a game will be interesting and will try and keep keep you playing seems like something obvious, and it's the fault of your own mental health problems if you can't separate reality from games and stop on time.

Seeing as Russia is in 'defense mode' right now against the west though, as well as the fact that the US case concerning Lineage won, there's a chance this guy will win the case. Besides, unlike US case, what he wants is pocket change.

RU case Source

US case Source

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

shitty post is shit

anyone can sue anyone for anything. this post would only be worth something if he won, which isnt going to happen

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

What a person does with a tool is not the responsibility of the manufacturer. The same rule should be applied here as with gun manufacturers as neither are the ones that sell the product to the end user.

P.S. Use brackets.  :P

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Just like the woman that sued McDonald's for having Hot coffee and didn't have a label stating the coffee is hot. Wow.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

lol thats hilarious...

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

And he thinks this is going to work why? Last I checked, you can't sue other people because you decided to walk away from your responsibilities. I can't help but think this is just a stunt for 5 minutes of fame.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

P.S. Use brackets.  :P

Yeah, I was on the phone and didn't know which code the site used. Fixed it on PC now.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Just like the woman that sued McDonald's for having Hot coffee and didn't have a label stating the coffee is hot. Wow.

No, this is not like that.

That man is the most pathetic excuse for person if he don't have the will power to put his job and marriage behind the priority of a game.

Congrats to his wife on realising she married a failure and got out so he couldn't take her down with him.

That man is the most pathetic excuse for person if he don't have the will power to put his job and marriage behind the priority of a game.

Congrats to his wife on realising she married a failure and got out so he couldn't take her down with him.

Yup, makes me be ashamed to be of Russian decent.

shitty post is shit

anyone can sue anyone for anything. this post would only be worth something if he won, which isnt going to happen

The thing is, there was a similar case in the US, and the guy who sued won, so there's a precedent.

That was a elderly woman who had it spill on her and revived third degree burns to her abdomen thighs and private area because she was so old she couldn't get out of the car she was in without help so she just sat there with scalding hot liquid covering her for about half a minute, until the person she was with came back to the car, she originally only sued to cover her medical expenses for the insane amount of burn therapy, the only way the layers could find a way to make a good case was to base it off the fact that there was no label on the cup, the court decided to award her a shitton more then she asked for in damages.

She ended up donating the extra money that didn't pay her hospital bills to charity if I remember correctly.

That was a elderly woman who had it spill on her and revived third degree burns to her abdomen thighs and private area because she was so old she couldn't get out of the car she was in without help so she just sat there with scalding hot liquid covering her for about half a minute, until the person she was with came back to the car, she originally only sued to cover her medical expenses for the insane amount of burn therapy, the only way the layers could find a way to make a good case was to base it off the fact that there was no label on the cup, the court decided to award her a shitton more then she asked for in damages.

She ended up donating the extra money that didn't pay her hospital bills to charity if I remember correctly.

Yep.

There was a documentary done on the whole thing. She has since passed away I believe, but that whole thing was a joke. There's still people today who don't realize how hot that coffee was.

What a dumbass LOL

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Title should be: "Russian gamer sues Bethesda because Fallout 4 cost him his job & marriage, lawsuit fails just like his job and his marriage."

Or just put it even more simply ~

"Here's why you dont involve yourself in the Russian gaming community"

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Just blame someone for your own failure, so convenient. Typical loser.

What would be funnier is if he won. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Or just put it even more simply ~

"Here's why you dont involve yourself in the Russian gaming community"

Russians are awesome m8.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Russians are awesome m8.

I can already tell youve never played CSGO.

I can already tell youve never played CSGO.

Seriously no, seriously no, seriously no.

@thekeemo

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

uhhh no.. There are different levels of "hot", you know. Coffee should be hot, but how hot? Not hot enough to give someone 3rd degree burns, that's for sure, which it did give the lady. So that mcdonald's coffee lawsuit wasn't frivolous at all.

Praise Duarte!

Top kek.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero