Is & why is Crossfire better than SLI?

never said the price is competitive :P

Titans are not meant for Joe Average - they are for the people who buy based on "TITAN !!!!!" logic. Buying one is being wasteful

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Wait so why does it scale better, is it simply more optimized? I also thought it was the bridges fault, or is the performance scale difference a myth.

The performance difference is miniscule at best, and probably has to do with drivers or the way the AMD architecture is made. Performance difference is IMHO like 1-4% at most the vast majority of the time.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Titans are not meant for Joe Average - they are for the people who buy based on "TITAN !!!!!" logic. Buying one is being wasteful

idk if you actually use the titan to its full potential its worth it and most people buying titan are not joe average 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

The performance difference is miniscule at best, and probably has to do with drivers or the way the AMD architecture is made. Performance difference is IMHO like 1-4% at most the vast majority of the time.

Good to know, as knowledge is power, now if only we could debunk this rumor completely

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

idk if you actually use the titan to its full potential its worth it and most people buying titan are not joe average 

Original Titan was a good card since it was a Quadro + 680 all in one. Titan X is crappy since it's a "gaming" card that isn't nearly as good as a Quadro

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

The major difference between SLI and Crossfire is the length of the leash. Nvidia has a death grip on SLI while Radeon has fewer restrictions on Crossfire.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I find it sketchy - I hope we don't go back to the era of proprietary GPU boards. That would suck

NVlink is so supposed to be Nvidia's own connector on the motherboard basically replacing PCIe, at least in server environments which they already discussed. They haven't really discussed it for normal desktops though.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Original Titan was a good card since it was a Quadro + 680 all in one. Titan X is crappy since it's a "gaming" card that isn't nearly as good as a Quadro

ya i wasn't talking about titan x i meant original :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Definitely wait unless you want to sell your pricey G-Sync monitor which nothing from AMD can utilize. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

If you like your monitor, go with Nvidia again, (980ti, or wait for pascal) because they have support for g-sync whilst AMD does not.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

This is just plain wrong.  SLi bandwidth is not limited by the SLi bridge, and performance is equal to the PCIE implementation that AMD currently has.   Faster connections between the 2 GPUs does NOT increase performance, cos it was never a bottleneck to begin with.  AMD's Crossfire bridge however was much slower than the SLi bridge, and that forced a move to the XDMA standard cos they couldn't fix the dual GPU stuttering any other way.

If SLI bridges are so awesome then why is it slower? Maybe NVidia's awesome drivers?

I used to be quite active here.

The Titan X was just a quick money grab by Nvidia before the 980ti, simple as that. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

If SLI bridges are so awesome then why is it slower? Maybe NVidia's awesome drivers?

If bandwidth was everything, increasing RAM speed would boost our PC into space.... Whether it's drivers or architectural differences, only Nvidia and the likes of Anandtech will know/find out.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Couldn´t disagree more since first of all the SLI bridge is no bottleneck by all meanings it never was . I don´t know where you have this information from. Second a Titan X is a waste of money in your opinion.... I don´t think that reflects necessarily other peoples´ opinions and for sure not mine. Because I use my Titans with modded BIOS (which btw I mod myself) for highendbenchmarking and 4K gaming.

So where is the waste here again? People seem to forget rather quickly that not everybody out there has the same budget as others.

As for the op, if you have the G-Sync monitor already I´d sell what you´ve got right noe if it isn´t fast enough for you and get the GTX980Ti.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Second a Titan X is a waste of money in your opinion.... I don´t think that reflects necessarily other peoples´ opinions and for sure not mine. Because I use my Titans with modded BIOS (which btw I mod myself) for highendbenchmarking and 4K gaming.

So where is the waste here again? People seem to forget rather quickly that not everybody out there has the same budget as others.

A Titan X is a waste because they generate more heat and the 980ti beats it in so many programs and games. Oh, also it costs $1100!

ayyy lmao post #1000

A Titan X is a waste because they generate more heat and the 980ti beats it in so many programs and games. Oh, also it costs $1100!

Talking to you about the quality of a custom watercooled Titan won´t make much sense instead have a look in 3D Marks HoF and think about what you just wrote. Each of my Titan runs with almost 1600MHz stable...

What you deem as waste is your thing. I deem you whole system as waste sorry.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Talking to you about the quality of a custom watercooled Titan won´t make much sense instead have a look in 3D Marks HoF and think about what you just wrote. Each of my Titan runs with almost 1600MHz stable...

What you deem as waste is your thing. I deem you whole system as waste sorry.

3d Mark HoF? That matters to people?

My friend's 960 runs 1650MHz stable.. Nobody cares. That's like saying "My 8350 owns the world record for an OC!" Sure, the jigamertz is bigger, but it's still outperformed by an i7 (in your case, it's still outperformed by a 980ti in some games.)

Grammar errors aside, your post doesn't make much sense other than to lengthen your e-peen. Just because you spend more on your computer than some people spend on cars doesn't make your computer the best.

Also, my computer would be a waste to somebody wanting to build a new computer (I poke fun at it with my member title :) ) but it's not a waste for somebody who's been upgrading it since 2012 with no job/stable income.

EDIT- cleaned up post.

Of course it has to do with grammar now that you don´t even understand what my point is, I personally think you could understand what I was writing. But no offense taken. You just live in your little world and I live in mine.

And just to make things clear 3D Mark matters to me, if this does not apply to you so be it.

But enough with the off topic here for me, since my grammar anyways rapes your eyeballs. I won´t answer to any of your statements any longer, since they don´t make sense to me. And this will not resolve the OP´s questions.

BTW before telling me my grammar is so bad, have your own checked out first, thank you :).

I find it sketchy - I hope we don't go back to the era of proprietary GPU boards. That would suck

CPU boards are proprietary

is it really that bad? i dont see anyone complaning

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020