(Rumour) AMD Zen CPUs to Release in Q4 2016 – APUs In 2017 - GPU performance around the PS4 And XBOX ONE level

Mr_Troll

Nano proved a concept - it has a lower power requirement than a 980 and performs better

What that underclocking big cores at a hard power target is more power efficient than overclocking small cores with a soft target???

Tell me something I didn't know.

Technically speaking however the 980 and Nano trade blows at the only resolution they are qualified to run at (No I don't find the 980 acceptable for AAA 1440p gaming haha). Plus they consume basically identical power (until you get to the better custom variants, which also out-preform the nano).

I mean don't get me wrong, the nano's power efficiency is great, and come dx12 I still believe GM204 is #WRECKED #DOA, but I bet you could set a 175W power target on the 980 ti and get essentially identical results (reference to reference).

Identical power consumption to the "vaunted maxwell arch" is pretty damn good, I just am looking forward to both of them getting off of 28nm and onto the same memory technology again.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

What crack are you on? The 750TI on stock clocks may lose, but the vast majority of them overclock to nearly 1.5x their stock clocks, and at that point they smoke everything up until the 270X.

I've yet to see a 1.5x stock OC.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750-15.html

To be fair, I didn't follow the 750Ti a lot, it's a boring card for me. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

IBM gets away with 250W TDP for 12 cores at 4.3GHz, and Intel's doing 72 at 1.3GHz for 250W TDP. I don't think AMD would suffer too much for 16 CPU @3GHz and 2048 GPU at 800MHz in a 400W package.

See but there is a HUGE difference between Intel throwing out a 250W TDP chip and AMD throwing out a 400W chip... Perception...

Still, it would be quite the beast.

How is that close? A 750 ti loses to a 7850/R7 265/R7 370. That's not close to a 7870/270.

Remember console gpu's are also under-clocked (and thermally limited in extended use)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I just hope the chipset and motherboard offerings are orders of magnitude better than previously. I wouldn't want to be caught dead with anything other than a Sabertooth R2 on AM3.

But still, even if the motherboards are ugly and lack major features I'll probably swallow it this time for Zen.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

They just need to bring that Zen CPU IPC on pair.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I just hope the chipset and motherboard offerings are orders of magnitude better than previously. I wouldn't want to be caught dead with anything other than a Sabertooth R2 on AM3.

But still, even if the motherboards are ugly and lack major features I'll probably swallow it this time for Zen.

You only get 22 PCIe lanes unless you buy a server chipset, no NVMe, and only one USB 3.1 port.

Also only 8 power phases, no custom OEM boards allowed. AMD knows how to build the perfect motherboard. You don't need anything more.  :D

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

You only get 22 PCIe lanes unless you buy a server chipset, no NVMe, and only one USB 3.1 port.

Also only 8 power phases, no custom OEM boards allowed. AMD knows how to build the perfect motherboard. You don't need anything more.  :D

NVMe will be supported...

ASRock 970 Performance and ASRock 990FX Fata1ity already supports NVMe drives. Although NOT at Gen3 speeds (Gen2 x2? max)

my bet is AM4 will be like intels Skylake chipset... same number of lanes, if M.2 Gen3 is used, you lose 2 sata or disable a X4 PCIe port on the board/disable CF ability (although i bet AMD will have more lanes as ALL their boards have CF capabilities)..

8+2 phase min preferably 12+2 on the top end....

NVMe will be supported...

ASRock 970 Performance and ASRock 990FX Fata1ity already supports NVMe drives. Although NOT at Gen3 speeds (Gen2 x2? max)

my bet is AM4 will be like intels Skylake chipset... same number of lanes, if M.2 Gen3 is used, you lose 2 sata or disable a X4 PCIe port on the board/disable CF ability (although i bet AMD will have more lanes as ALL their boards have CF capabilities)..

8+2 phase min preferably 12+2 on the top end....

2+0 power phases min, to accomodate those Puma+ CPUs  :P

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I really hope AMD delivers. Great for their business and great for consumers. Besides, how can we have fanboy wars without competing products? :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I just hope that there is a reason to buy Zen FX over Skylake other than it just being cheaper. Because that's all Maxtor did in their last days, and they ended up being bought out.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's an NUC case factor build, size of a small-box. Tradeoff size vs. performance, 

*Asks everybody:Who cares about APUs?*

nobody raises their hand except for @Prysin.

Me: Exactly, so why do we need APUs?

Just make dedicated CPUs + GPUs. Never have and never will buy an APU for anything.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just make dedicated CPUs + GPUs. Never have and never will buy an APU for anything.

That makes no sense, just because a product doesn't suit your needs doesn't mean it's useless, or that there's no demand in the market - that's just having a very limited vision and you should rethink how you perceive this scenarios, else you'll may become one of "those guys".

APUs deliver what CPU+GPU combos can't, and vice versa. Period.

i5 4570 is technically an APU

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

i5 4570 is technically an APU

And APU was only coined by AMD because of their vain hopes for iGPU to be more important in the future for everyday computing....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

And APU was only coined by AMD because of their vain hopes for iGPU to be more important in the future for everyday computing....

Yeah, only AMD calls their CPUs with iGPU an APU. But people are calling any CPU with iGPU an APU.

Unless aluminum meant that he wouldn't buy exactly AMD's CPUs with iGPU, witch would seem a little hypocrite.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

every intel CPU is an APU...

APUs have a place, in the sub 350-400 USD market.

no matter how hard you try, anything in that category will be better off with a APU.

why?

because every attempt at beating the APU at price will cause you to buy shittier components for the rest of the system. Which means that no matter what, the system as a whole will be shit.

APUs make little sense outside of this price bracket...

i hope ZEN APUs can CF with ANY GPU AMD has to offer, because if it can, it can be used as a booster in the lower end systems (360/370 levels)

Um yeah....APU performance on the level of the consoles is actually out now (but in short supply) in the form of the Iris pro 6200....a year and a half before this....

17-IGP-GTA-V.png

This is worrisome, AMD is literally doing fucking nothing different and still focusing on the motherfucking stupid APUs.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Um yeah....APU performance on the level of the consoles is actually out now (but in short supply) in the form of the Iris pro 6200....a year and a half before this....

This is worrisome, AMD is literally doing fucking nothing different and still focusing on the motherfucking stupid APUs.

APUs are the future. Not just AMD, but Oracle, IBM, ARM, and Intel are in agreement about this too. AMD is not wrong to have that focus, though you could argue they're a half decade too early with the concept.

APUs are the future. Not just AMD, but Oracle, IBM, ARM, and Intel are in agreement about this too. AMD is not wrong to have that focus, though you could argue they're a half decade too early with the concept.

APUs are the cheapest and most efficient way of having strong single core and exceptional parrallellism in one package... there is no getting around that fact :|

Its just a rumour but at least something. If zen apus are on the xbone a ps4 level than this means that the apu concept is pretty much dead. Sorry amd. RIP.

wait, how exactly is that bad for integrated graphics performance? If you want r9 380 performance, you should just buy an r9 380... apus are for cheap and compact builds and should be able to run off of the stock cooler, not need an nh-d15 just to make sure they don't melt.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*