Razer quietly releases Naga Chroma (NOT EPIC)

Curufinwe_wins

Source: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-chroma

http://betanews.com/2015/11/09/razer-naga-chroma-mmo-gaming-mouse/

post-225630-0-11152500-1448410527_thumb.

Hello everyone, while many here have quite the distain for Razer products (and without many exceptions their price to performance/quality is rather poor), Razer actually might have undersold this one....

They quietly released a RGB version of their quintessential Naga mouse that isn't insanely expensive.

At 79.99, it isn't cheap either, but it directly looks to replace the Naga 2014 at the same price point.

Not too bad really.

The official sensor information isn't released yet although owning both it and the Naga 2014 (I wanted another naga so I didn't have to carry mine back and forth to work anymore, and there I saw it...), I personally guarantee you it is nothing more or less than next generation of the (in)famous PTE sensor.

Just like the Naga 2014 and Naga Epic Chroma, this super overkill laser sensor has 0 inherent acceleration (and yes this IS A PROVEN FACT with PTE sensors), but it still retains the z-axis sensitivity issues (so no lifting this mouse off the mat, and god forbid pet hair gets in it...) of the previous model.

Speaking of the Naga 2014, and this mouse... (sorry about the awful pictures... #M8problems)

post-225630-0-62161800-1448411298_thumb.

post-225630-0-59219400-1448411317_thumb.

Nothing with buttons/layout/grip/weight is notably different whatsoever. In fact, the only thing I can notice different between Naga 2014 and this mouse is that this one seems a touch more grey with a more substantial matte/powder-coat feel.

And the LED's are very impressive (IFF you like pastel/pure color ranges), easily the best mouse RGB I've yet seen (outside of the inability to hit truly deep/dark reds/purples), although lighting profiles are less robust than I'd like as of yet.

So who is this mouse for? Anyone who wants lots of buttons without the frills of other mmo mice, as oddly enough the Naga line is BY FAR the least ultra-gamery MMO mouse on the market, and is very well suited for work or play.

It certainly shouldn't be seen as an upgrade from the Naga Epic Chroma or the Naga 2014, but with the ability to ditch the razer green without paying a huge premium, it was a must buy for me.

(BTW sorry this is both Tech News and a mini-review, but good luck finding a professional review online, search Razer Naga Chroma and 99.99999% chance the topic is the Epic variant.)

Final note: Owners of previous Naga variants will be pleased to know that you can in a series of three short clicks taking sub 10 seconds, import all of your profiles at once to apply them to this mouse.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Doesnt no one recommend razer products

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

who uses razer?

all about corsair

... or for the poor people.. logitech.. like me

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Hasn't this been out?

Nope. The Naga Epic Chroma is a super expensive Wireless variant on the Naga line. This one is literally a Naga 2014 with RGB.

Doesnt no one recommend razer products

I mean it's value isn't great, but I'd take it over the other mmo mice on the market (obviously)...

who uses razer?

all about corsair

The Naga 2014/Chroma is still the only mmo mouse I don't feel like a total loon bringing to work (when in doubt, it is a sleek black mouse.) Plus as bad as people make Synapse out to be (and in many ways it is), it's still by far the best program for productivity mouse binding (with instant automatic profile swapping based on current window).

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

i had a razer naga, when i was in middle school i thought that shit was top tier.. it was a good mouse tbh, one of the better i have used even now but it shit itself in less then a year :/ going strong with my m65 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Nope. The Naga Epic Chroma is a super expensive Wireless variant on the Naga line. This one is literally a Naga 2014 with RGB.

I mean it's value isn't great, but I'd take it over the other mmo mice on the market (obviously)...

only you

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Do people actually buy these kinds of mice? "MMO" style with 20+ buttons. I kinda thought that these were going the way of the dinosaurs... 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

only you

Hahahaha.

Do people actually buy these kinds of mice? "MMO" style with 20+ buttons. I kinda thought that these were going the way of the dinosaurs... 

Yes they do still (obviously by "they" I mean not just competitive mmo players, because playing without a 12+ button mouse competitively on a mmo is like playing CS:GO with 60Hz surround), and it's still the best productivity style of mouse on the planet (assuming the thumb buttons are distinguishable, which on the good mice they are).

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I don't even play MMO's, but I prefer MMO mice simply because they do everything a normal mouse does, plus 20 bindable buttons. Although I'm not gonna upgrade from my Naga 2012 until it breaks, this would probably be the one I get, since Razer Mice are actually decent compared to their other products, namely the wobbly cheap plastic Blackwidow keyboard I'm currently typing on.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I don't even play MMO's, but I prefer MMO mice simply because they do everything a normal mouse does, plus 20 bindable buttons. Although I'm not gonna upgrade from my Naga 2012 until it breaks, this would probably be the one I get, since Razer Mice are actually decent compared to their other products, namely the wobbly cheap plastic Blackwidow keyboard I'm currently typing on.

I was a super competitive MMO player for a few years, but moving onto professional life, I never used it as much as I do now.

Even prawn uses some of my thumb buttons...

Assuming it isn't a dud out of the box, Razer Mice aren't bad (generally overpriced, but still decent for certain.)

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I'll have to see what the price is like in my country. I like the mechanical like switch on the new naga. Unlike the g600 which is squishy clicky.

Sadly, my g600 doesn't want to die yet.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I'll have to see what the price is like in my country. I like the mechanical like switch on the new naga. Unlike the g600 which is squishy clicky.

Sadly, my g600 doesn't want to die yet.

So I was back on razer's website, and they dropped the 2014 from the green only RGB. Sounds like they are getting ready for a price cut or discontinuation. They also released a blue only variant at the same price? WTH.

Yea the thumb buttons are quite nice.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

So I was back on razer's website, and they dropped the 2014 from the green only RGB. Sounds like they are getting ready for a price cut or discontinuation. They also released a blue only variant at the same price? WTH.

Yea the thumb buttons are quite nice.

If only Logitech will come up with a new g600. Razer prices are a little too high when I compare it with logitech.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

If only Logitech will come up with a new g600. Razer prices are a little too high when I compare it with logitech.

Indeed, but given the Orion Spark, it'd probably be insanely tacky lol.

Just think, the g600 competed dollar to dollar with the Naga 2012...

Yea it's cheaper by a lot now, but it is also super outdated (and unlike the Model M, this outdatedness isn't amazeballs)

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Indeed, but given the Orion Spark, it'd probably be insanely tacky lol.

Just think, the g600 competed dollar to dollar with the Naga 2012...

Yea it's cheaper by a lot now, but it is also super outdated (and unlike the Model M, this outdatedness isn't amazeballs)

A small refresh would be nice, new switches and what not. The g600 was like the naga 2012 but better.

If only logitech would update the mouse instead of the packaging lol.

The corsair one looks instresting. Not sure how the feel of the switches are.

I question their sensor quality. I have the Naga 2014 and it's given me so many issues in that department.

For example, when I play music through my speakers to practice on the guitar, the mouse would move around so much that at first thought my mouse was broken just from the bass being loud. It would also not move in the proper direction when I tried to move the mouse around even after I turned the music off. It would stop doing the retarded movement after a minute, but you have no idea how annoying that was.

I now have an EVGA Torq mouse and this literally doesn't even move the cursor unless I touch it. I wanna post a member review of it but I'm waiting until I can wrap it with a faux carbon fiber vinyl to add some textured grip.

who uses razer?

all about corsair

I don't think Logitech's gear is for poor people. Yeah they do make some cheap products, but they also have some higher end stuff to compete with the other gaming gear on the market.

I question their sensor quality. I have the Naga 2014 and it's given me so many issues in that department.

For example, when I play music through my speakers to practice on the guitar, the mouse would move around so much that at first thought my mouse was broken just from the bass being loud. It would also not move in the proper direction when I tried to move the mouse around even after I turned the music off. It would stop doing the retarded movement after a minute, but you have no idea how annoying that was.

I now have an EVGA Torq mouse and this literally doesn't even move the cursor unless I touch it. I wanna post a member review of it but I'm waiting until I can wrap it with a faux carbon fiber vinyl to add some textured grip.

I don't think Logitech's gear is for poor people. Yeah they do make some cheap products, but they also have some higher end stuff to compete with the other gaming gear on the market.

So I don't know how much you have read about it, but the PTE sensor is notoriously sensitive to small movements/vibrations (which is cool in many respects but definitely causes the sort of things you have seen. Hell it is possible to wake a computer from sleep by walking next to your desk if you are on carpet or any flooring with some give).

Furthermore, the PTE (which btw is Phillips Twin Eye, aka two laser sensors working together) is absolutely abhorrent if you get ANYTHING in the sensor (a single hair and bye-bye usability).

Now failing that, it's still one of the few high sensitivity acceleration free sensors on the market (and up until somewhat recently the only one worth talking about). Furthermore IN IDEAL usages/conditions, it preforms quite spectacularly even compared to top end optical sensors.

Razer's implementation is no better or worse for the PTE sensor, but the market for the sensor itself has diminished dramatically over the last few years as it both has suffered by the emphasis on/improvement in optical sensors (with many people mistakenly believing ALL laser sensors have acceleration, and associating it with that issue) along with it's own well documented Z-axis/fine movement issues.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

The people that play MMOs and use these, usually can't play without them. And given that razer products have a physical expiration date, they sell lots because of that.

I have a g600... I honestly can't stand that many buttons on the side for MMOs even. My g700 with shift/alt modifiers feels much more natural to use. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed since I asked Razor about it (a few weeks ago) and they said "no info and unlikely since we already have the Naga Epic Chroma". Bought the Naga 2014 and guess what: the Naga Chroma was suddenly on their page.... bunch of morons -_-

who uses razer?

all about corsair

I have to say... I love my Deathadder Chroma, and Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma.... 

I personally won't consider a mouse that has fewer than 5 side buttons. They're much more convenient to press than keyboard macro keys IMO, and even though I don't play MMOs anymore, they still end up being useful for certain games like Witcher 3. 

Why would you think that? Do you give any attention to the peripheral market? Even Corsair has a similar mouse.

Once you use one for a while it's hard to use a mouse without the buttons.

The people that play MMOs and use these, usually can't play without them. And given that razer products have a physical expiration date, they sell lots because of that.

I have a g600... I honestly can't stand that many buttons on the side for MMOs even. My g700 with shift/alt modifiers feels much more natural to use. 

I mean the mice still have a 2 year warranty.

I actually got into competitive gaming as a clicker... I know the cringe is real...

But no, I definitely couldn't go back anymore... Keyboard modifiers feel too slow for me (mainly because for whatever reason my index finger is the only one that feels normal to move jerkily, likely still leftovers from my bad habit keyboard-turning clicking days...)

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed since I asked Razor about it (a few weeks ago) and they said "no info and unlikely since we already have the Naga Epic Chroma". Bought the Naga 2014 and guess what: the Naga Chroma was suddenly on their page.... bunch of morons -_-

Damn... And it's not even more expensive either... I'm just happy I didn't decide to grab a second one solely for work (well my 2014 is going to work actually) until last week, and it had just been released.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I also have a G700 - and for almost all games I suppose with the exception of MMO's it has plenty of buttons without being over top, I don't know how anyone could actually use all 19 some odd buttons and know exactly where they all are and they all do when the time is right. You will remember some of the common ones but unless you are a superstar 24/7 MMO player I doubt you will get that much use out of it.

Why would you think that? Do you give any attention to the peripheral market? Even Corsair has a similar mouse.

Once you use one for a while it's hard to use a mouse without the buttons.

Just because they all make a mouse doesn't mean they are an amazing product segment- it just has to profitable. I'm going to guess that they aren't corsairs best selling mouse because they have so many others and not everyone likes the feel/look of a bunch of side buttons where their thumb would otherwise go. 

I will admit having 4 side buttons on my mouse is great in some games but as I said above it would seem to me painfully hard to use all of them, and yes shitty mice with no buttons suck. 

I personally won't consider a mouse that has fewer than 5 side buttons. They're much more convenient to press than keyboard macro keys IMO, and even though I don't play MMOs anymore, they still end up being useful for certain games like Witcher 3. 

I'm not going to disagree with that "more than 5" but isn't 19 a little too much? 

snapback.png

Do people actually buy these kinds of mice? "MMO" style with 20+ buttons. I kinda thought that these were going the way of the dinosaurs... 

So what I guess I'am trying to say with this, is that I would have thought that by now gamers would have caught on to better mice with 10< side macro buttons that companies continue to develop and seemingly push. The MMO mice seems like a niche market, in comparison to the mice designed for twitch Shooters and so it is not a massive market - Although it seems like a less crowed portion of the gaming mouse market so companies like Razer still sell enough to make it worthwhile, and it also from the responses it appears there are still buyers. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT?