Someone's selling The Linus pimped hyperX Savage Build.

Ableglobe

I sent him an offer of $2 to mess with him xD

But I personally just think there's a lot of salt here...This shouldn't be a big deal although him renigging on that guy that won the auction wasn't cool.

How do you know the guy hasn't lost his job and is facing hard times?

How do you know that Flash Gordon does not need to raise funds to fight Ming and has asked this gentleman to sell his Linus PC for valuable currency?

Or that Captain Nemo needs to build a new submarine to fight sea monsters?

There is evidence in this thread that the seller is a scammer, there is no evidence that he is an honest seller so lets forget the benefit of the doubt until evidence is offered to back it up

I dont think that Intel would have a case against the third party who sells the chip after being given it. There is no Privity of Contract between Intel and the Third party

Way off topic !

It doesn't matter if they don't have a contract. It would be like selling something that doesn't belong to you which is illegal. 

Honestly I would have done the same - don't need the PC but I DO need something to pay rent with - or my uni taxes

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

i think i found signature material

heheheheheheheh My bullshit intolerance does this I guess.

Speaking of which, my dad told his boss that when he told my dad that he wanted him to work from 4AM to 7PM on Black Friday. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You guys keep talking about reporting this, and i know this guys kinda strange, but honestly who are we gonna call?

Edit: wait for it...

GHOST BUSTERS !!!

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

GHOST BUSTERS !!!

Finally! :D I am quite dissapointed in the rest of you who didnt get this...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Finally! :D I am quite dissapointed in the rest of you who didnt get this...

well i did notice some other people posted it after reading past your original post ... :D

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

How do you know that Flash Gordon does not need to raise funds to fight Ming and has asked this gentleman to sell his Linus PC for valuable currency?

Or that Captain Nemo needs to build a new submarine to fight sea monsters?

There is evidence in this thread that the seller is a scammer, there is no evidence that he is an honest seller so lets forget the benefit of the doubt until evidence is offered to back it up

Oh yeah,  2 negative feedbacks, one for refunding a buyer with his money and the other because he wanted more money.

Scamming someone is ripping someone off and taking their cash, that hasn't happened here. I've had to refund people for buying stuff from me on ebay as soon as the auction has ended because it's been dropped and broken, stuff happens.

Not great practice, but he has not scammed anyone. He is trying to get the most money he can for it, which, although may be irritating, is not against the law, either. People need to calm the butt hurt because they didn't get the machine themselves.

lets create a kickstarter to buy the pc and ship it back to linus to regiveaway?

I'm all for it

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

well i did notice some other people posted it after reading past your original post ... :D

True. There are still those faithful to the ghostbusters on this forum. Me, you, a few others... You know your names. But for those of you who defy the busting of the ghosts, all I have to say to you is... Dont make us cross our streams...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

It's really a shame when people enter giveaways with the intention to sell the winnings... But they won it, it's theirs, unfortunately.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It's his rig. He can do as he pleases with it. Stop being salty ladies.

Pretty sure the 980 AMP Extreme winner ditched the card and got something better. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

One last try: Something that is illegal is against the law.

Your talking about breach of contract, a completely different thing. One is unlawful the other is a civil wrong and will allow the wronged party to start civil proceedings. Ie sue

Its not illegal for anyone to sell Intel Engineering samples, the Police will not arrest them. Its illegal to sell drugs and the Police will arrest you as you have broken the Law.

This

It doesn't matter if they don't have a contract. It would be like selling something that doesn't belong to you which is illegal.

heheheheheheheh My bullshit intolerance does this I guess.

Speaking of which, my dad told his boss that when he told my dad that he wanted him to work from 4AM to 7PM on Black Friday. :P

rip tmcclelland's dad xxxx-2015

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

WANT.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Ehh wish I won the PC... But noooo, I have to use my 7 years old rotten potato PC & suffer from graphics card overheating after ~10 mins while playing games...

I wonder if this will be on the stream 

Why would they talk about it? It didn't cost them anything.

You guys...you don't know why he is selling it. What if he needs money for bills? Or a hospital visit? Damn people, don't be so quick to freak out. And besides, he won it fair and square, I don't see why he can't do what he wants with it since it is his now.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You guys...you don't know why he is selling it. What if he needs money for bills? Or a hospital visit? Damn people, don't be so quick to freak out. And besides, he won it fair and square, I don't see why he can't do what he wants with it since it is his now.

Doesn't give us much of a reason to be honest. When people usually sell something and they need money fast they usually " URGENT need money "

" EMERGENCY PLEASE NEED TO SELL FAST ! "   something like that mate.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Doesn't give us much of a reason to be honest. When people usually sell something and they need money fast they usually " URGENT need money "

Maybe he has a problem with admitting something like that? A lot of people do...but you could always ask him. He said feel free to send questions.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm fairly certain you cant do that on eBay, because then it can be seen as a "donation" which causes problems for eBay.

If you wrote "Selling this because I need a replacement penis" or whatever, it would be trolled the fuck out of and the auction would end up being ended/closed.

Butt hurt, as ever.

Pretty lame to do that especially after winning it but I guess it is his/hers after all so they can do what they want with it really

actually they can't in some cases.

like linus had given away a i7 600k prerealse, so the guy obs can't sell that.