Someone's selling The Linus pimped hyperX Savage Build.

Ableglobe

ok first of all this is kinda messed up but surely its his now and i think legaly there nothing to be done here but when i think what this means i get really sad.

him selling it is one thing, but by you posting it here the chances of linus noticed he sold it get much higher and if linus finds out people are just selling it anyway he'll not consider doing giveaways like that in the future which again makes me kinda sad.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

You guys keep talking about reporting this, and i know this guys kinda strange, but honestly who are we gonna call?

Edit: wait for it...

AHEM!!! I said, who are we gonna call?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Why do people think it's 'messed up'?

Why do you even give a shit

AHEM!!! I said, who are we gonna call?

Ghostbusters dammit!!! I was trying so hard on that joke... All i wanted to do was to lighten the mood. ):

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

That's a shame. Oh well let them do what they want. 

[spoiler=Current Rig] N/A

Isn't it prohibited that you sell a computer you won from LTT? iirc he said that when he gave away his last full tower.

Even if it was, it's unenforceable, Linus isn't going to but a bounty on the guy's head or get the police involved because of it now is he?

Let's be honest here, we sit here judging this guy, yet a good few of us would likely do the same, if not something very similar (tear it down and sell other parts we don't want).

The guy won, it's his property, if he wants to sell it then leave him be... This is one of the stupider things I've seen people get annoyed with.

The winner is a little kid... Probably either got grounded and had to sell it, or..he just sold it for whatever reason.

He probably got visited by the ghost of Christmas Past and decided to sell it to bring good chear to the hearts of the poor

Even if it was, it's unenforceable, Linus isn't going to but a bounty on the guy's head or get the police involved because of it now is he?

Let's be honest here, we sit here judging this guy, yet a good few of us would likely do the same, if not something very similar (tear it down and sell other parts we don't want).

The guy won, it's his property, if he wants to sell it then leave him be... This is one of the stupider things I've seen people get annoyed with

Yea I agree. I was just mentioning that I heard Linus say it in one of his giveaways.

Considering that the PC is an absolute beast I'd keep it, no doubt. I'd sell my current PC but not the one I won. 

But indeed, he won it, it's his property, he does with it what he wants. 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

It's just sad, seeing that he'll just sell what he'd won from the LTT forums :< If I were him, I would keep it wholefully and get out of my damned 2410M laptop that have no GPU :/

Edit: The laptop that I'm using only had a 2410M core i5 processor without a GPU so playing osu on it while livestreaming is an ass... :/

The only times they can enforce the fact that you can't sell it, is if contains Intel Engineering samples (the CPU's they for supply review's are usually these), this is what was in the Master case system and when they did the giveaway after they unboxed it at the meetup he told the two people who won the 6700k or 750 SSD that under no circumstances could they sell it, but they could give it away just have no monetary reimbursement.

The only times they can enforce the fact that you can't sell it, is if contains Intel Engineering samples (the CPU's they for supply review's are usually these), this is what was in the Master case system and when they did the giveaway after they unboxed it at the meetup he told the two people who won the 6700k or 750 SSD that under no circumstances could they sell it, but they could give it away just have no monetary reimbursement.

I dont think that Intel would have a case against the third party who sells the chip after being given it. There is no Privity of Contract between Intel and the Third party

Way off topic !

I dont think that Intel would have a case against the third party who sells the chip after being given it. There is no Privity of Contract between Intel and the Third party

Way off topic !

It doesn't matter who it is if it's reported to them that someone is selling a engineering sample, they will kindly inform them that they are doing something illegal and if they continue to try to sell it Intel will take legal action.

It doesn't matter who it is if it's reported to them that someone is selling a engineering sample, they will kindly inform them that they are doing something illegal and if they continue to try to sell it Intel will take legal action.

Its not illegal. Only Governments can say if any activities are illegal. Unless in Canada selling Intel Engineering Samples is against the law 

Its against their terms of service and the contract Linus signed. Very different.

Unless they signed a document saying they would not sell they could do as they wish and Intel could only sue Linus

Its not illegal. Only Governments can say if any activities are illegal.

Its against their terms of service and the contract Linus signed. Very different

It's ilegal because Intel owns them.

Intel ES Processors are the sole property of Intel.

Intel ES Processors are Intel Confidential.

Intel ES Processors are provided by Intel under nondisclosure and/or special loan agreement terms with restrictions on the recipient's handling and use.

Intel ES Processors are not for sale or re-sale.

Intel ES Processors may not have passed commercial regulatory requirements.

ES Processors are not covered under Intel warranty and are generally not supported by Intel

WTF it's his property, should we start reporting people for selling there house now.

not for selling it apparently he's a scam artist

The funny thing is that the OP actually found this

Got a response:

Well, I do not use it to it's full potential. It seems like it's just an overkill for me and I don't want to hold it if i'm not using it for what it should be used for. It is a very nice rig, that's for sure. I would hate to give up such a beauty but again no use in it just sitting. I'd rather let someone enjoy it. 

ok

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Ghostbusters dammit!!! I was trying so hard on that joke... All i wanted to do was to lighten the mood. ):

Please refer to post #52

How do you know the guy hasn't lost his job and is facing hard times?

I like it when kids who are jealous spout off that they'd not part with something bespoke; circumstances change and its a material thing which, whether custom built or not, can be replaced further down the line.

Selling something you won from a company in a competition is markedly different from selling something that a family member gave you as a present.

Please refer to post #52

I see now. I was using the night theme, so I didnt notice the dark blue font at first.

edit:

How do you know the guy hasn't lost his job and is facing hard times?

I like it when kids who are jealous spout off that they'd not part with something bespoke; circumstances change and its a material thing which, whether custom built or not, can be replaced further down the line.

Selling something you won from a company in a competition is markedly different from selling something that a family member gave you as a present.

"can be replaced further down the line." I am quite curious as to exactly how you would go about replacing a one of a kind rig, that has been custom built by a famous youtuber?

"Hey Linus, remember me? I'm that guy who won that rig in the contest a while back? Well yea, I sold it, and I'm wondering if you could take the time out of your busy schedule to rebuild it and give it to me again?"

I'm sure that will happen.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

It's ilegal because Intel owns them.

One last try: Something that is illegal is against the law.

Your talking about breach of contract, a completely different thing. One is unlawful the other is a civil wrong and will allow the wronged party to start civil proceedings. Ie sue

Its not illegal for anyone to sell Intel Engineering samples, the Police will not arrest them. Its illegal to sell drugs and the Police will arrest you as you have broken the Law.