Someone's selling The Linus pimped hyperX Savage Build.

Ableglobe

actually they can't in some cases.

like linus had given away a i7 600k prerealse, so the guy obs can't sell that.

Well that's down to Intel to sort out, not Linus. Even so it's completely unenforceable.

actually they can't in some cases.

like linus had given away a i7 600k prerealse, so the guy obs can't sell that.

Yup, but this isn't one of those cases, so nothing to moan about.

Well that's down to Intel to sort out, not Linus. Even so it's completely unenforceable.

Yea true,

Actually intel would hound linus for giving it away in the first place. xD 

Yea true,

Actually intel would hound linus for giving it away in the first place. xD

Pretty sure Linus wouldn't of given it away without asking for permission first if it would cause issues aha

Pretty sure Linus wouldn't of given it away without asking for permission first if it would cause issues aha

idunno linus has done some shady things  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

It's sad that some people just don't appreciate what they have won. Hopefully who ever buys it, is a true LTT fan and will appreciate the work that's been put into that build.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Time to throw my two cents into the ring!

(1) Kind of messed up but honestly, I would probably do the same. I would either take what I wanted and scrap/sell the rest off (the case is ugly IMO). But I would first give it to family/friends that also needed parts. WE WILL TAR IT APART LIKE SAVAGES! :D

(2) For all the amateur lawyers, unless he signed some contract with LTT when he won he is def not in any trouble. if there was some experimental/prototype chip Intel could try and stop the sell or find an a-hole judge to fine him. But 99.99% he is legally safe (especially since this rig is old enough that nothing in it is secret). Plus, why would Intel or any company related to this build bother chasing one rando? But I think there might be a tax issue here (I know where I live you have to pay taxes on large winnings but don't no the price point you have to)

(3) More than likely there isn't an emergency or urgent life thing he needs the money for if it was on sale for months with people winning the auctions. If he really needed the money he would have started auction at the price he needed and sold it to first winner not refund winners and list it again for higher. That or this is all a scam and he has no plans to sell it.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

People like this don't belong on this forum. What a shame :(

Game Dev | Pro Gamer