Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN970 Giveaway

As a child of divorced parrents, 

having a smal powerfull PC to take with me each week would be awsome! 

A Zotac ZBOX would be awesome!

I have 2x 1.5 year old boys who have all but taken over our house - removing all the space for adults to do cool things like gaming.  Having such a small and powerful machine that we could easily bring out when they're in bed (and more importantly, put away where they can't destroy it when they're not in bed) would make for very happy parents.

Seems like a great gaming computer for those living a space limited life.

I would love to run one to replace my socket 775 media center. Im currently running a q9550 with 6gb ddr2 (mixed ram), a EVGA GTX460, a 500GB WD blue (OS), and 2x 500GB WD (software RAID 0) for games. I use this system mostly for Plex Home Theater and Netflix, but occasionally use it for nVidia's Game Stream from my main PC. This smaller, higher end tech would be a much appreciated upgrade!

I did some research on the specs vs what I have in my current mid tower.

the i5 will use roughly 12W of power where the q9550 will use 77W. Thats a fair ammout of power savings on the CPU alone over the course of a year. The i5 is also a 14nm chip whereas the q9550 is a 45nm chip. So heat output should be less of an issue. The i5 is also obviously built on newer tech and is 30% faster in clock speed.

The GTX 960 also uses 30% less power than the GTX 460 while providing roughly a 123% increase in pixel fill rate. This is great for higher resolutions and will help noticeably on the projector I have the media center running on.

The 2.07" x 7.99" size of the ZBox is a huge space saver compared to the Corsair Spec 01 case currently housing my media center. That will free up room on the floor and the ZBox could be set on the entertainment center away from the cat hair on the floor.

Overall I think the ZBox would be a welcome change and upgrade in my household and would get daily use.

Thank you for doing the giveaway Zotac and LinusTechTips!

I'm interested in the ZBOX over a normal desktop because it is much smaler and practical. 

That is damn cool, upgrade from a core 2 duo much?

PS:This is an entry, right?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

I use a drafting table for a desk, with the top of the desk raised at a bit of an angle, and this would fit perfectly in the gap between the table top and the base of the desk! A really slim slick looking PC just barely peeking out from one side of my desk (with that much power) and no giant bulky tower plopped on the ground would be fantastic. 

This would be nice to have in the living room for everyone to use :)

Probs would do one of following:

a/ NAS it up

b/ make it my parents' PC and use their PC as a NAS

Would be interesting, go RAM o'plenty lying around

Hello

I am from Portugal.

And  a big Fan off your work. :D

I would like to have the Zotac ZBox to be may first gaming pc. 

And because is such a small PC, it would be perfect to go on my small desk. B) 

This tiny PC would be perfect for my desk :o

I have trouble with a full size one, because I have barely any room, so my feet are always crammed under my desk.

I've currently got a low-powered laptop on a small desktop and I really need a upgrade since this laptop doesn't run games well. As I am studying right now money is of essence and I can't really afford a new high-end desktop  :mellow:  But with the zotac I would have both space and performance for playing and making games  :)

It would be super cool to have one of those tiny beasts. 
I really need to upgrade the pc I'm using for my tv, it's from 2010 and extremely slow...

The Magnus Zbox would be perfect for this! It could also handle some gaming and 4k streaming (LinusTechTips on youtube and vessel (in 1080p only  :( ))

Would be perfect for a living room gaming solution and even better for LAN events  :rolleyes:

I'm interested in it as a fully portable computer to throw in a backpack. Mainly when going to friend's houses. There is always a TV with HDMI, add a silicone keyboard, mini mouse and a few controllers and you got something to play a few games.everywhere.

I'd build this for my dad, he needs a new computer, but won't give me a budget to start building with, so having half of the build at 0 cost would definitely get him to appreciate it.

Interesting, this giveaway would be perfect for me and my siblings. we just saved up for a tv and now we just need a way to game on it. 

i dont even want it. but yet deep down, i am compelled to comment

Im interested in the ZBOX MAGNUS because of the space i could save, the footprint is so small! its perfect for media consumption in the living room right underneath the a tv with a wireless mouse and keyboard. And then you still getting desktop grade performance!

This would be a perfect upgrade for my cousin! He's currently gaming on a laptop with first-gen Intel HD Graphics.

I do not have a gaming PC. Just a normal laptop. And as of now Magnus Carlsen is performing awfully on the European Team Chess Championship, two losses and one draws, already -17 Elo points down on the live rating (http://www.2700chess.com/ ) . Not the best time to for a Magnus themed PC giveaway, you guys should have done it earlier this year when he was at his peak . 

Anyways the PC seems nice and I fancy my chances (which are at 0.1% at the time of writing this)

cheers

I rarelly enter giveaways, but I just couldn't miss this one out. I am currently studying C# and programming in general so a computer is a must have for me. But recently my laptop died because of it's age and I don't have the funds to replace it now. Winning this pc would be awesome :) 

Currently I am gaming on my (old) xbox 360. But as the console gets older I am unable to get any new games. My PC (which I build from scratch of course) is in my office upstairs. End of this year my first child will be born. Which means I want to be with my child as much as possible. This means I will be unable to actually go upstairs and play some games. Getting fed up with consoles (they don't upgrade ;)). So I want to put a PC downstairs but having a full pc tower in the livingroom doesn't really fit my style.

Browsing the youtube's I noticed the zBox (on LinusTechTips of course) which would fit nicely below the tv and allows me to play the latest games again while still be near my child. It's really powerfull (which actually amazes me the most) and looks great 2 :).