iPad Pro Lightning port capable of Up to 5Gbit transfer speeds? WHAT!

AlTech

If only the ipad pro ran OSX...

And dont tell me its not powerfull enough, I have a 450mhz, 256mb ram computer here runing OSX (Granted, an oldish version of OSX)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If only the ipad pro ran OSX...

And dont tell me its not powerfull enough, I have a 450mhz, 256mb ram computer here runing OSX (Granted, an oldish version of OSX)

It's incompatible. OS X doesn't support ArM. And OS X wasn't designed for touch

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

It's incompatible. OS X doesn't support ArM. And OS X wasn't designed for touch

Yeah, but they could have made it non arm. And optimised it for touch. IMO the ipad pro is a useless device

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Are you sure it's 5GB/s...? Your title is so click baity... 5GBp/s is EIGHT TIMES slower than 5Gbp/s... GigaBYTE and GigaBIT, such a vast difference.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Its really laughable that Apple hasn't implemented a user accessible file system into iOS even by their own gimped standards of just managing use folders like documents and pictures, it wouldn't hurt them at all if someone could move its own files to different user folders.

Hell, if they just have a unified location where things are kept that would be great. Allow all photo apps to access a unified location. If they don't want to give us an user accessible file system, at least make sure apps can *really* have deep linking with the OS. I made a list the other day of all the improvements that they could make to iOS and the iPad Pro to make it worthy of the "Pro" tag.

In no particular order:

#

-Support for a trackpad/mouse (could be used as a substitute for 3D touch if there are technical limitations for not including it in the first generation.) They could have a "right click" on an icon make the contextual menu appear that gets shown when you hard press on icons on the iPhone

-Offer 64GB, 128GB and 256GB configs and maybe lower the price, alternatively keep the same pricing but include the pencil for free with it

-Allow the Pencil to be used more like an integral part of the iOS experience by giving it a button that can act as a macro key where the user can map pretty much any function they want to (e.g. a single press may launch an app of your choosing or to activate Siri and long pressing can do something else, double pressing it does something else

-Microsoft jabbed Apple during their Surface event, but they're right, the Apple Pencil is missing a freaking eraser.

-Allow people to change the tip of the Pencil so it has the right level of friction they want. 

-Actually optimise the iOS homescreen for the damn size...allow more apps per page.

-Support external hard drives via the Type C port they should add to the Pro instead of Lightning(change all their products to Type C too) I'm sure Apple is smart enough to ensure it won't affect security or people' security 

-Let apps "overlay" one another like how PiP does but allow it for any app of your choosing. Again, Apple is smart, they could find a way to make it work elegantly. 

-Allow cellular for the base model as well unlike how it is now

-Allow more keyboard shortcuts within iOS and then update their keyboard accordingly. E.g. Volume and brightness controls are the most basic ones I can think of. 

-Allow folders in folders for better organisation of apps 

-Allow even deeper app linking than what was introduced in iOS 9

-Speed up animations

-Allow app hiding from home screen

-Introduce a completely dark mode like this

-Spruce up their iOS iWork suite with more features (I don't know, maybe more shortcuts?)

-I don't know if opening up APIs allow this, but maybe allow the developer to incorporate their own custom shortcuts for the keyboard.

-To go along with the theme of optimising for the iPad, find more gestures to implement beyond the basic multitasking ones to make it more productive or allow *some* gesture mapping functionality 

-Find a way to bring XCode to iOS and allow it to sync to the Mac via iCloud 

-Allow the setting of default apps 

-Allow a customisable Control Centre with downloadable toggles from the app store maybe(the icons left over by the install won't be a problem if we're allowed to hide icons)

-FIX THE KEYBOARD APIS SO THEY'RE NOT SO BUGGY!!!!

-Other crap I can't think of clear.png

Are you sure it's 5GB/s...? Your title is so click baity... 5GBp/s is EIGHT TIMES slower than 5Gbp/s... GigaBYTE and GigaBIT, such a vast difference.

WHAtever. IDK. Maxed Out USB3 speed. Yeah you can thank Linus for me becoming so click baity (Too much exposure to Linus clickbait made me this way)

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Hell, if they just have a unified location where things are kept that would be great. Allow all photo apps to access a unified location. If they don't want to give us an user accessible file system, at least make sure apps can *really* have deep linking with the OS. I made a list the other day of all the improvements that they could make to iOS and the iPad Pro to make it worthy of the "Pro" tag.

In no particular order:

#

-Support for a trackpad/mouse (could be used as a substitute for 3D touch if there are technical limitations for not including it in the first generation.) They could have a "right click" on an icon make the contextual menu appear that gets shown when you hard press on icons on the iPhone

-Offer 64GB, 128GB and 256GB configs and maybe lower the price, alternatively keep the same pricing but include the pencil for free with it

-Allow the Pencil to be used more like an integral part of the iOS experience by giving it a button that can act as a macro key where the user can map pretty much any function they want to (e.g. a single press may launch an app of your choosing or to activate Siri and long pressing can do something else, double pressing it does something else

-Microsoft jabbed Apple during their Surface event, but they're right, the Apple Pencil is missing a freaking eraser.

-Allow people to change the tip of the Pencil so it has the right level of friction they want. 

-Actually optimise the iOS homescreen for the damn size...allow more apps per page.

-Support external hard drives via the Type C port they should add to the Pro instead of Lightning(change all their products to Type C too) I'm sure Apple is smart enough to ensure it won't affect security or people' security 

-Let apps "overlay" one another like how PiP does but allow it for any app of your choosing. Again, Apple is smart, they could find a way to make it work elegantly. 

-Allow cellular for the base model as well unlike how it is now

-Allow more keyboard shortcuts within iOS and then update their keyboard accordingly. E.g. Volume and brightness controls are the most basic ones I can think of. 

-Allow folders in folders for better organisation of apps 

-Allow even deeper app linking than what was introduced in iOS 9

-Speed up animations

-Allow app hiding from home screen

-Introduce a completely dark mode like this

-Spruce up their iOS iWork suite with more features (I don't know, maybe more shortcuts?)

-I don't know if opening up APIs allow this, but maybe allow the developer to incorporate their own custom shortcuts for the keyboard.

-To go along with the theme of optimising for the iPad, find more gestures to implement beyond the basic multitasking ones to make it more productive or allow *some* gesture mapping functionality 

-Find a way to bring XCode to iOS and allow it to sync to the Mac via iCloud 

-Allow the setting of default apps 

-Allow a customisable Control Centre with downloadable toggles from the app store maybe(the icons left over by the install won't be a problem if we're allowed to hide icons)

-FIX THE KEYBOARD APIS SO THEY'RE NOT SO BUGGY!!!!

-Other crap I can't think of clear.png

Last  I checked IOS was for old people or technically illiterate or for potato heads. And 256GB eMMC is not available (Standard iPad and Ipad mini use this). I think iPad Pro uses NVMe which is stupidly expensive.

Last  I checked IOS was for old people or technically illiterate or for potato heads. And 256GB eMMC is not available (Standard iPad and Ipad mini use this). I think iPad Pro uses NVMe which is stupidly expensive.

Uh, excuse me? I have an iPhone 6 and I like it very much. I'm not tech illiterate, I'm not a potato head and I most certainly am not old. 

Uh, excuse me? I have an iPhone 6 and I like it very much. I'm not tech illiterate, I'm not a potato head and I most certainly am not old. 

I was talking mainly to iPad owners. Sorry :(

WHAtever. IDK. Maxed Out USB3 speed. Yeah you can thank Linus for me becoming so click baity (Too much exposure to Linus clickbait made me this way)

At least make the click bait...accurate.

At least make the click bait...accurate.

Which one is which? GB/s Gbit/s ?

Is USb3 5Gbit?

Which one is which? GB/s Gbit/s ?

Is USb3 5Gbit?

It's Gigabit.

Why is this not taken for granted on a device that expensive? Why is it not usb-c? Not that it matters since you can't use external drives or peripherals through it. And it's the only port on the entire device.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

renember when you could run android on iOS 4?

<3

i ran idroid on my iphone 3g :P goold ol times

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Dude...if you jailbreak an iPad Pro....I'm salivating over the possibilities it opens up....explorable file system, sideloading, downloading from Safari, themes, flu.x and way way more that I can't think of right now.

Or you could use a surface pro and do that without the hassle...

Or you could use a surface pro and do that without the hassle...

What if I also want to use the amazing iOS apps? People call iOS a toy OS which is somewhat understandable but some of the apps available for it are so good...

Just not true, there are PLENTY of tech literate people that use iPads, stop spreading this bullshit

And yeah not seen any benchmarks but since the iPhone 6s uses NVME I assume the Pro will too, which is insanely aweosme

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Once they allow the Ipad Pro 2 to use OSX, I'll grab one for my mother most likely, and possibly one for myself. Love the OS, damn shame I had to sell my Mac Pro because they were too slow at updating the hardware again, and the new one just can't be upgraded in the graphics department.

Come on Apple, you know people really want these things.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

ipad pro uses smart connector which looks like contact pads.

Ok there is also a lightning connector.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

What if I also want to use the amazing iOS apps? People call iOS a toy OS which is somewhat understandable but some of the apps available for it are so good...

run an emulator.

Just not true, there are PLENTY of tech literate people that use iPads, stop spreading this bullshit

And yeah not seen any benchmarks but since the iPhone 6s uses NVME I assume the Pro will too, which is insanely aweosme

once you built the nvme "controller" does the cost increase while increasing the storage capacity of the ssd?

Its a usb cable with a proprietary connector with a chip so they can force you to only use licensed cables.

And how's that any different from that Google employee publicly shaming third party type c cables? At least when you buy a mfi cable, you know it's safe and reliable.

Apple are buttholes

icrap_t_shirt-r06ca0ca267d94c9a8f5817e28

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280