Pokemon 1st Gen Coming to 3DS

Nintendo Direct: https://youtu.be/RcgxbB1BB9E?t=24m52s

Apparently trading will not need a link cable with modded capabilities (as hoped). 

I'm hyped. Too bad there's not a lot more information to talk about, though.

It's expected to be released on February 27th, 2016. 

I wonder if Yellow will still have the Mew glitch.

I will be furious if Yellow isn't colorized like it was on the gameboy color. Red and Blue get a pass, I guess, but Yellow had upgraded everything in the graphics department and I like how the color palette changes every time you get to a new town.

I will be furious if Yellow isn't colorized like it was on the gameboy color. Red and Blue get a pass, I guess, but Yellow had upgraded everything in the graphics department and I like how the color palette changes every time you get to a new town.

Definitely. It'd be like keeping Link's Awakening DX the same as Link's Awakening. I would normally expect Yellow to sell more, but there's a lot of nostalgia for Blue and Red and I gotta collect 'em all!

Definitely. It'd be like keeping Link's Awakening DX the same as Link's Awakening. I would normally expect Yellow to sell more, but there's a lot of nostalgia for Blue and Red and I gotta collect 'em all!

Honestly there is no reason to buy Red and Blue save for version exclusives. Yellow is the objectively superior game, especially since you can get all 3 starters in one playthrough. I hope they don't patch the innumerable glitches and exploits in the game.

What I do wish they would do though is clean up some of the outdated limitations, like having to save the game when switching boxes, having an item limit of 16, not having to use every HM from the menu, etc. This will never, ever happen but it would be nice.

Honestly there is no reason to buy Red and Blue save for version exclusives. Yellow is the objectively superior game, especially since you can get all 3 starters in one playthrough. I hope they don't patch the innumerable glitches and exploits in the game.

What I do wish they would do though is clean up some of the outdated limitations, like having to save the game when switching boxes, having an item limit of 16, not having to use every HM from the menu, etc. This will never, ever happen but it would be nice.

I would also expect save speeds to be as good as they are in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. 

Is this the same as the original games or is it a remake?

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Is this the same as the original games or is it a remake?

It's basically a digital download PORT of the original games with minor tweaks due to technology changes over time (replacing the Link Cable for the 3DS's Ad-Hoc (unit-to-unit) WiFi for example).

We got remakes of the Gen 1 games back in Gen 3 with FireRed/LeafGreen. What we got back in Gen 1 outside Japan as Red & Blue was the story and Pokemon lists of Jpn. Red/Jpn. Green on the Jpn. Blue engine with the Jpn. Blue sprites.

BTW, Japan is getting a retail release. Comes with a download code, map, manual and a fridge magnet in the shape of the original cartridge

direct11154.jpg

direct11155.jpg

.... I would definitely be getting this version if they released it outside of Japan

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I hope the glitch to get Mew at Cerulean still works :D

It would be stupid to have any of them not using the color palette really. Red and blue were colored by their namesake, and yellow changed depending on where in the game you were, as you said.

Yellow or bust.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

hope the oak fight glitch is still there

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

That guy's pronunciation of "Pokémon" annoys me to no end.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

I summon @Minibois

Man I can't wait for this, if it comes out outside japan the same date the timing is perfect since it's 1 day after my B-day.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I summon @Minibois

Man I can't wait for this, if it comes out outside japan the same date the timing is perfect since it's 1 day after my B-day.

Yaaay!

I saw it yesterday and will probably get it :D

BTW, Japan is getting a retail release. Comes with a download code, map, manual and a fridge magnet in the shape of the original cartridge

.... I would definitely be getting this version if they released it outside of Japan

If this comes to Europe I will surely get it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/