Fallout 4 is 60 fps max, no FOV in options, mouse acceleration etc...

Hunched

Bethesda stated it could run over 60fps, but doing so breaks gameplay mechanics such as lockpicking which is sped up. Playing over 60fps breaks much of the game.

There are no FOV options in the game, you have to edit it with an .ini file

There is also mouse acceleration which you have to edit multiple .ini files to disable

Way to fuck up the 3 most important things of a first person shooter. I have to play with crippling input lag at 60fps for your game to fucking work, and I have to edit a bunch of .ini shit in 2015 for field of view and for my mouse to not have acceleration.

I understand their games are buggy, but this is worse than before, this is just straight up negligence of the most basic and simple things.

Is mouse acceleration really that bad?  Can someone explain that to me?  Thanks.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

Not this bullshit again.

Is mouse acceleration really that bad?  Can someone explain that to me?  Thanks.

Basically, if you move your mouse at alternating speeds the camera will turn at differing speeds. It can really throw off your aim in an intense situation.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Well then, I'm waiting a couple of months. Yes I can change it with the ini files but it's obvious the developers didn't really care as this is basic pc gaming stuff.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I heard it has V-sync on in the engine itself.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just to clarify, all the graphics not being amazing and all that other shit isn't a big deal to me.

It's just disappointing I can't even have an enjoyable gameplay experience, I just want to have fun playing Fallout 4, that's all I want.

I'm going to have to play a first person shooter in 2015 with a controller because my other option is 60fps vsync input lag all day which feels terrible.

Ideally, so you can develop muscle memory you want your mouse movement to be linear. Mouse acceleration means that the speed at which you move your mouse on the mouse mat affects how far it moves on screen. Instead, you want your mouse to move on screen the amount of distance you moved it on the mouse mat.

For example, if I move my mouse at 1m/s for 5cm (yes I know it's a big mouse mat) I want the distance I moved the mouse on screen to be the same as if I moved the mouse at 2m/s for 5cm. If you have mouse acceleration, the distance at which your mouse moves on screen is determined by how fast you move your mouse on the mouse mat rather than how far you moved it. This is bad! - because it makes developing muscle memory  much harder.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Besides, FO4 is one of those games that don't need more than 60fps.

Fucking horseshit. You should be able to have the freedom. If we keep this ideal, then other devs will see it and use it as bad practice. 

Ideally, so you can develop muscle memory you want your mouse movement to be linear. Mouse acceleration means that the speed at which you move your mouse on the mouse mat affects how far it moves on screen. Instead, you want your mouse to move on screen the amount of distance you moved it on the mouse mat.

For example, if I move my mouse at 1m/s for 5cm (yes I know it's a big mouse mat) I want the distance I moved the mouse on screen to be the same as if I moved the mouse at 2m/s for 5cm. If you have mouse acceleration, the speed at which your mouse moves on screen is determined by how fast you move your mouse on the mouse mat rather than how far you moved it. This is bad! - because it makes developing muscle memory  much harder.

Thanks for explaining.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

I had to mod the shit out of Skyrim on pc to stop the rediculous bugs like swimming while running across a field and shit flying around a room due to crazy high fps and couldn't lock it to 120 or even 144 for that matter, This is now a major turn off for me with FO4, seriously considering not buying it now lel

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Mouse acceleration is annoying but you only have to edit it in one of the .ini files to turn it off also the FoV can be edited in the .ini files. This is better than not having any way to change it at all so I don't see any real reason to complain. This game also isn't counter strike you don't need super low input lag to play it, stop focusing on any input lag that you think you can detect and just play the game. Also I fail to understand how not having FoV in the options menu and being able to turn off mouse acceleration via a menu makes this game worse than previous entries considering how buggy they are. There are still games coming out that don't have FoV sliders or the option to change it or if you change it it breaks animations or other things.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I had to mod the shit out of Skyrim on pc to stop the rediculous bugs like swimming while running across a field and shit flying around a room due to crazy high fps and couldn't lock it to 120 or even 144 for that matter, This is now a major turn off for me with FO4, seriously considering not buying it now lel

well.... they expect fo4 to be modded...

Fucking horseshit. You should be able to have the freedom. If we keep this ideal, then other devs will see it and use it as bad practice. 

When you have what I have then you get to complain about not getting your pretty 61 fps.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

well.... they expect fo4 to be modded...

True but still a minor gripe for me at the moment haha

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Besides, FO4 is one of those games that don't need more than 60fps.

It's a fucking first person shooter on PC, are you drunk?

If you have mouse acceleration, the distance at which your mouse moves on screen is determined by how fast you move your mouse on the mouse mat rather than how far you moved it. This is bad! - because it makes developing muscle memory  much harder.

I straight up couldn't play Far Cry 4 for weeks until they finally patched the unfixable mouse acceleration. Refused to play with a controller. None of the user "fixes" actually fixed it.

It's a fucking first person shooter on PC, are you drunk?

I straight up couldn't play Far Cry 4 for weeks until they finally patched the unfixable mouse acceleration. Refused to play with a controller. None of the user "fixes" actually fixed it.

Ever played TF2 at 20fps at 800x600? I didn't bitch and cry about it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

After talking to a friend, he's saying the FPS thing isn't an issue apparently.

And we're both wondering if you can set the FOV through the console like you could in Skyrim.