First Fallout 4 performance results

SteveGrabowski0

Yeah....no.

I'm sorry to say, but your argument is pretty fucking stupid...

Before I got these 980's I had a 780 which I sold to a friend because he couldn't another 780 DCII for SLI. Before that 780, I had 2 480's for 3 years. I am only concerned about FPS when it begins to fall to a number that makes the game look like complete shit.

Are you playing on a TV? 30fps is fucking horrible and once you experience 144hz, 60fps is also

Shit.

So basically for you, can't dip anything below 144FPS?

I'm sorry to say, but your gaming requirements is pretty fucking stupid...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

You know what really amazes me?

FO4 is pretty much a console port right? Consoles use AMD CPUs and GPUs(on the GCN architecture). So:

tw4h1.jpg

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

NumLock21, on 10 Nov 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

So basically for you, can't dip anything below 144FPS?

I'm sorry to say, but your gaming requirements if pretty fucking stupid... 

actually its anything below 90fps. I'm sorry to say, but you are pretty fucking retarded.

Now here's to hoping there's no retarded bugs that stay in the game for years.

And just like that the notion I had of you having a foot in reality is gone.  Dream on.

And just like that the notion I had of you having a foot in reality is gone.  Dream on.

What?

Look, the GTX 970 beats the 290X at 1080p. And the 390X is the same GPU at a slightly higher clock speed. Of course the GTX 970 is still going to be ahead. AMD's high end cards are aimed at 1440p and 4K.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Lol people blaming Nvidia for Bethesda's crappy optimization...
It was obvious the game would run bad in the moment they showed the console version running at 30 fps even though the game looked like straight out of 2010.
If they can't even optimize the console version the PC version will obviously run bad as well which the benchmark shows.
Just look at the benchmark there is only a 5fps difference between a GTX980 and a 980 Ti it literally screams software bottleneck.

This is how a good optimized games looks like(and that's just Beta without final drivers):
sw-battlefront-benchmark-1080-u.png

RTX2070OC 

Huh, this is interesting. Kinda disappointed they used the 390X as AMD's high end card, would've liked to see at the very least the Fury non-X being benchmarked. Honestly speaking, these preliminary results are probably way too early to be actual reflective performance of the game, and I expect AMD to release drivers that'll boost their performance significantly.

On a side note, I would like to see benchmarks that showcase the 'God Rays' feature on each of its settings. It's widely been recommended for it to be set to low due to performance issues, and I'd like to compare its impact on performance between NVIDIA and AMD cards.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Huh, this is interesting. Kinda disappointed they used the 390X as AMD's high end card, would've liked to see at the very least the Fury non-X being benchmarked. Honestly speaking, these preliminary results are probably way too early to be actual reflective performance of the game, and I expect AMD to release drivers that'll boost their performance significantly.

On a side note, I would like to see benchmarks that showcase the 'God Rays' feature on each of its settings. It's widely been recommended for it to be set to low due to performance issues, and I'd like to compare its impact on performance between NVIDIA and AMD cards.

That's pure Tessellation so it should help a lot, specially for AMD users.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah, AMD still hasn't made enough of an improvement when it comes to tessellation. That being said it is easier to turn it down on AMD cards then Nvidia's due to CCC.

PMSL

Well either way the CPU driver utilization issues are the real concern right now. Get that fixed and instantly I'd expect the AMD cards to take their proper place.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

shame they never post the 295x2 results

No need tbh all the r9 295x2 is, is a dual gpu two 290X's. Just need to test one 290X and youll know what the 295x2 will get.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

No need tbh all the r9 295x2 is, is a dual gpu two 290X's. Just need to test one 290X and youll know what the 295x2 will get.

Minus the performance lost due to scaling.

PMSL

Lol people blaming Nvidia for Bethesda's crappy optimization...

It was obvious the game would run bad in the moment they showed the console version running at 30 fps even though the game looked like straight out of 2010.

If they can't even optimize the console version the PC version will obviously run bad as well which the benchmark shows.

Just look at the benchmark there is only a 5fps difference between a GTX980 and a 980 Ti it literally screams software bottleneck.

This is how a good optimized games looks like(and that's just Beta without final drivers):

Battlefront runs well on AMD because it's not heavy on draw calls. And it's not heavy on draw calls because it doesn't have much objects to render, not because it's well optimized. Maps in Battlefront are essentially wastelands and tundras. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Just reminding people WCCTECH sucks and Das Germans always have the most rigourous game metrics... http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Fallout-4-Spiel-18293/Specials/Test-Benchmark-vor-Release-1177284/

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Look, the GTX 970 beats the 290X at 1080p. And the 390X is the same GPU at a slightly higher clock speed. Of course the GTX 970 is still going to be ahead. AMD's high end cards are aimed at 1440p and 4K.

Except a 390x is essentially tied with a 980 at 1080p in every other game. AMD hasn't released a driver for this game, so people are losing their shit over it a little too early.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Battlefront runs well on AMD because it's not heavy on draw calls. And it's not heavy on draw calls because it doesn't have much objects to render, not because it's well optimized. Maps in Battlefront are essentially wastelands and tundras. 

Wow, you're still on this CPU overhead thing. AMD has fixed their drivers in those games where performance was bad on their cards due to high CPU overhead. I'll ask again: Do you live under a rock?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Wow, you're still on this CPU overhead thing. AMD has fixed their drivers in those games where performance was bad on their cards due to high CPU overhead. I'll ask again: Do you live under a rock?

No, they haven't. Have you been living under a rock? Why the hell do you think AMD performs bad in CPU-bound games? This is why:

AMD:

s7bpU6O.png

Nvidia:

r0CwkUB.png

That's 32% difference.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Except a 390x is essentially tied with a 980 at 1080p in every other game. AMD hasn't released a driver for this game, so people are losing their shit over it a little too early.

The driver is out, you just have to go into Catalyst and download it. Came out hours ago

If anyone asks you never saw me.

No, they haven't. Have you been living under a rock? Why the hell do you think AMD performs bad in CPU-bound games? This is why:

AMD:

s7bpU6O.png

Nvidia:

r0CwkUB.png

That's 32% difference.

Oh, that game. I tried playing it once but didn't like the mechanics and character development was non existent. 2/10, would not recommend.

Oh, that game. I tried playing it once but didn't like the mechanics and character development was non existent. 2/10, would not recommend.

When you see game benchmarks where AMD loses, you say it's GW and not driver overhead. When you are given draw call numbers from an API overhead test that clearly proves AMD's driver overhead for CPU is higher, you reject it because it's not a game. How else would you measure draw calls? Games don't give out that information.

How does the game use up that much gpu power with such shitty graphics?

Praise Duarte!

How does the game use up that much gpu power with such shitty graphics?

Draw distance and bad engine.

When you see game benchmarks where AMD loses, you say it's GW and not driver overhead. When you are given draw call numbers from an API overhead test that clearly proves AMD's driver overhead for CPU is higher, you reject it because it's not a game. How else would you measure draw calls? Games don't give out that information.

Except the amount of draw calls in a real game almost never reach the amount that are showing in a draw call test. It's like saying that Fire Strike is an accurate measurement for how intensive a game is. It's completely unrealistic and should never be compared to real world scenarios. 

As a matter of fact, how many times has Linus and Luke said that synthetic benchmarks are completely unreliable to use for real world performance? Like, what, every benchmark video?

Secondly, every single game that has had gameworks in it in the past half year has run horribly on all hardware that isn't Nvidia's 9xx series. But every other game that doesn't have gameworks in it has been reasonably optimized for both side, strange isn't it?