Rate my english!

BelgiumCastGijs

Hello everyone,

I'm currently starting a tech channel on youtube but I'm not sure how good my pronounciation is.

In other words: Am I understandable for people who speak English as their primary language or just anyone else.

I have uploaded one video as a test of some sort, currently the comments I have received are good!

This is the video:

This definatly is not an "advertisement" for my channel but f you can leave a like to keep the like/view ratio about the same ;-)

Thanks in advance!

-Gijs Fiten

PS: If you think I can improve please let me know in what area's, just saying something like Your english SUCKS! doesn't help at all.

You sound great! ^_^

Obviously youve got an accent, but theres nothing you can really do about that + it doesnt interfere with pronunciation, so youre good. Most of us primary English speakers look at is as something more entertaining and appealing to listen to anyway, since its different.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Sounds like english is your first language

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

You sound great! ^_^

You sound very understandable :3 10/10

Thanks guys! I had to read the entire script a couple of times before I got it right... I kept saying HDMI 2.oi in stead of 2.0 Don't know why!

Dutch?

edit: See Belgium in your name, my bad :P still sound Dutch to me

You pronunciation is like Eber's from hardwarecanucks, basically very easy to understand but with an accent.

Now that's a nice thing to hear!

Sounds like english is your first language

Really, I thought my dutch/flamish accent was to noticable for someone to think that!

Dutch?

edit: See Belgium in your name, my bad :P still sound Dutch to me

I have talked a lot with Dutch people over the past couple of years so I kindof got my pronounciation from them ;-)

9.9/10

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

I found the accent to be pleasing to the ear.  Good job.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

you can work on your pronunciation of the "t" sound like in the word "ten" or "too" it is supposed to be a much sharper pronunciation, yours is slightly more round, like a "d" sound.

And "W"s are always a bit hard for european languages, like german, polish, or dutch. 

You're still very easily understandable, your accent isnt very strong, but it is certainly there with some words. A bit of an accent only adds a bit more flavor to a narrator, i personally prefer some but im not all people. Your grammar is pretty much flawless, if you didn't say you were mildly concerned about it I could easily assume you've been speaking english for most of your life.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I found the accent to be pleasing to the ear.  Good job.

Thank you!

you can work on your pronunciation of the "t" sound like in the word "ten" or "too" it is supposed to be a much sharper pronunciation, yours is slightly more round, like a "d" sound.

And "W"s are always a bit hard for european languages, like german, polish, or dutch. 

You're still very easily understandable, your accent isnt very strong, but it is certainly there with some words. A bit of an accent only adds a bit more flavor to a narrator, i personally prefer some but im not all people. Your grammar is pretty much flawless, if you didn't say you were mildly concerned about it I could easily assume you've been speaking english for most of your life.

Thank you for the tips! I will definatly try to apply them in my next video, but it will probably take some practise ;-)

Sounds good, but you sound rushed :P

I kindof was actually, I only had about 3 minutes of video footage and I had a script of nearly 4 and a half minutes! I also couldn't make more footage easily since I was using that card as my daily driver.

You sound great. 10/10 ign

Thank you!

-snip-

I'm trilingual but English is my first language, and I can tell you that you speak English better than some English people I know speak English :D

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Very good, except slow down just a liiiiiiiitle bit

Thank you!

Thank you for the tips! I will definatly try to apply them in my next video, but it will probably take some practise ;-)

Don't stress it too much. You're perfectly fine as you speak now, its just something to keep in mind if you wanted to try and become some, perfectly unaccented english speaker, which i suppose is really hard, even for someone like me in california, where typically accents are very light.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Very good, except slow down just a liiiiiiiitle bit

I was a little bit rushed since I only had about 3 minutes of video footage and I had a script of nearly 4 and a half minutes! I also couldn't make more footage easily since I was using that card as my daily driver. but next video I will have more time to take extra footage and talk a bit slower and more clearly.

Don't stress it too much. You're perfectly fine as you speak now, its just something to keep in mind if you wanted to try and become some, perfectly unaccented english speaker, which i suppose is really hard, even for someone like me in california, where typically accents are very light.

I will just try it and see how it comes out. If it works then you have just helped me improve my english, otherwilst I could at least say I tried!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm a lot more confident about my English so that will help me even more with creating better content! Thank you to each and everyone of you!

you need to be more smooth in the product shots.

8/10

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz