Bitcoin is back for a revenge?

RagnarokDel

The price of a single Bitcoin has been steadily rising in recent weeks. On Wednesday, it spiked particularly sharply, rising above $500 on some exchanges, and bringing the value of a single coin up over 100 percent from a month ago. By the end of Wednesday, the price had fallen back closer to $400.

Last week, Nasdaq introduced a new system, Linq, that will allow shares in start-ups to be recorded and traded on a ledger like the blockchain, which is expected to manage trades more quickly than existing systems. Over a dozen banks, including most of the global giants, have recently joined witha start-up, R3 CEV, to define standards for new decentralized ledgers.

PJZGljR.png

My two cents: I live in Quebec and I've mined alt crypto that is turned into bitcoin instead of heating in winter for a while now. And I just bought Fallout 4 in Bitcoin on Greenmangaming. So I'm pretty stoked.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/05/business/dealbook/value-of-bitcoin-surges-emerging-from-a-lull-in-interest.html

no

bitcoin is dead

and worthless

this is just them trying to get people to buy by over inflating bitcoin

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

400 dollars per bitcoin? Sounds a little too good to be true for me

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Unless we find more ways to utilize it over its increase in exchange rate

no

no

bitcoin is dead

and worthless

this is just them trying to get people to buy by over inflating bitcoin

Sites like iGot.com will buy your BTC for cash at exchange rates.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

they wont buy my bit coin

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

they sell bit coin

they sell bit coin

Have you tried LocalBitCoin?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Unless we find more ways to utilize it over its increase in exchange rate

no

There's over 100 000 merchants accepting bitcoin now, including expedia, Microsoft, Dell, Wikipedia, Twitch, Paypal and Newegg. Facebook and Spotify can accept it now if they want which I'm not sure they did. 

You might want to read up on why bitcoins went up in value. It was not due to supply and demand. It was due to a pyramid scheme. I predict bitcoins will fall back into the 200-300 range.

My souces:  

kitguru

CNBC

reuters

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

If anything rapid changes in value is what is hurting bitcoin.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I started mining when BTC was worth $2. If I'd not sold my bitcoin prematurely, and if my mining rig's hadn't been shut down, I would have had $2 - 4 million at peak BTC value. As it is, I still made healthy profit, and had fun with it.

I tried getting my dad and friends to invest before BTC went sky high, and they were skeptical and mostly didn't do anything with it. A friend gave me $150 to invest, and it quickly turned into $1500 or so, before they cashed out - and that was still before BTC hit above $700. 

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Inb4 amd gpu prices goes up again lol

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

There's over 100 000 merchants accepting bitcoin now, including expedia, Microsoft, Dell, Wikipedia, Twitch, Paypal and Newegg. Facebook and Spotify can accept it now if they want which I'm not sure they did. 

Yes, I agree that there are many companies that accept it, but there are many other ways we can expand cryptocurrency like bitcoin

We need more companies to start accepting it in other places in the world 

Although there has been a steady climb in international wallets, we'll need more

There are only about 120 merchants that support bitcoin in my country, but we're looking at a steady increase over the past months

I'm just saying these based on my current location, so it need not apply to everyone

what would be amazing is if paypal added bitcoin support where you could store bitcoins in paypal and paypal would convert them to dollars at whatever the exchange rate is at that time when you purchases things, then they would be able to be used anywhere

Is mining bitcoin even still worthwhile for anybody, or do you need to invest like $10k to even have a chance ?

what would be amazing is if paypal added bitcoin support where you could store bitcoins in paypal and paypal would convert them to dollars at whatever the exchange rate is at that time when you purchases things, then they would be able to be used anywhere

Paypal and "whatever the exchange rate is at that time" do not go together. They always steal your money on their inflated exchange rate.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I was actually pretty stunned to see a Bitcoin "ATM" a couple weeks back in California. Doesn't quite make sense to me. I thought bitcoin was on it's way out the door.

I've been watching BTC for the last few weeks and if only I could buy/sell with PP.....so much money could have been made. :( 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Inb4 amd gpu prices goes up again lol

Nothing to do with AMD, or the GPU market.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Is mining bitcoin even still worthwhile for anybody, or do you need to invest like $10k to even have a chance ?

Paypal and "whatever the exchange rate is at that time" do not go together. They always steal your money on their inflated exchange rate.

I do x11 mining which pays out in btc.

I was actually pretty stunned to see a Bitcoin "ATM" a couple weeks back in California. Doesn't quite make sense to me. I thought bitcoin was on it's way out the door.

Nah, it makes sense. It's a good way to make some "easy money" if you can afford the initial investment.