Tech Savvy Fakers

Philcat101

nope. PCMasterRace is simply being able to acknowledge that pc is superior.  you dont even need to own a pc to be a part of the MasterRace! check out THIS GUIDE for more information!

(i really should make a bot for this)

It was intended to be ironic, to illustrate what I perceived at the time to be an elitist attitude among a certain kind of PC gamer. People who invest in expensive gaming PCs and continually spend money to make sure the tech in their brightly-lit tower cases is up to date.

The article the 1st uses the term "PC Master Race"

It mostly bothers me when people only go by bigger numbers equal better. "WOW THIS PHONE HAS A 20MP CAMERA, IT MUST BE WAY BETTER THAN THAT 16MP CAMERA" or the whole GHz bigger equal better really seems to be common and really annoying. It is worse when they try to say you are wrong when they just don't know it.

I know a guy who thinks he knows everything, when it is clear he is wrong on so many levels. So one day we are talking about record setting OC for CPU's and the guy was like yeah I overclocked my Processor to 15GHz, but it only lasted a few minutes.

I'm all over here like you know the fastest clock on an over clock is like 9 point something right and they had to cool it with Liquid Nitrogen.  Believe it was an i7

if someone could let me know that would be great!

Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/tekularity

Check out my blog at http://tekularity.com

A.A.S. in Information Technology, A+, Network+, CCNA

His problem isn't recycling, it's people that think they're geniuses by putting two parts into an old computer and making it work.. Cause they're not geniuses.

I like recycling computers, but I wouldn't ever brag about it. It's not like the computer can do much of anything if all the parts are from 2000..

EDIT- Read his post again. Especially in college courses, those people are wannabes just begging for attention.

Idid read his post, my reply was about the small section where he said a PC is in the garbage for a reason and is then basically worthless. The PC's I received (that were going to be thrown out) were perfectly fine working without any problems, you would be surprised to see how much waste there is in government places. I'm not kidding. Same goes with non-techy, they throw stuff they think is broken when it's not.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I'm all over here like you know the fastest clock on an over clock is like 9 point something right and they had to cool it with Liquid Nitrogen.  Believe it was an i7

8794.33 MHz with an FX8350 is the highest on CPU-Z validator, but that was 3 years ago, i dont know if there has been anything higher since then

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Tsuki, on 09 Nov 2015 - 5:10 PM, said:

8794.33 MHz with an FX8350 is the highest on CPU-Z validator, but that was 3 years ago, i dont know if there has been anything higher since then

Thank you that is what I thought  lol

Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/tekularity

Check out my blog at http://tekularity.com

A.A.S. in Information Technology, A+, Network+, CCNA

The max my old celeron 430 had as an option in the bios is 7 or 9 GHz. GA-G31M-ES2C

My school district's technology department.

They used unshielded twisted pair to connect all of the (might I add, shitty) network extenders to the switch. Long story short they did not configure it right, and because of the unshielded properties, it basically gets so much interference, the internet is unusable half the damn time. 

In addition, they believe that splitting the WAN connection over multiple copper cables (and I mean multiple, if you wanna see a pic I can try to get into the server room and PM someone, just send me a PM and I'll try to get to it), and I'm talking like 25+ copper cables. They say its better and more cost effective than fiber. Only recently did they realize that fiber is better, and tested it at the middle school (I'm in high school), but of course, them being stupid, put a single piece of Cat 5 (not 5e) out of the fiber box, then to a three port switch, then to a firewall and server, and then to the network switch for all of the extenders. Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

I know a guy who thinks he knows everything, when it is clear he is wrong on so many levels. So one day we are talking about record setting OC for CPU's and the guy was like yeah I overclocked my Processor to 15GHz, but it only lasted a few minutes.

What an idiot. xD Highest overclock I believe was 8.429GHz on a FX-8350 cooled with liquid helium.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

-snip-

This is pretty great

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

What an idiot. xD Highest overclock I believe was 8.429GHz on a FX-8350 cooled with liquid helium.

This is what I've heard as well

Yep. Nice profile pic btw, Linus' head bobbing to the beat of the song I'm listening to...

lol it's from a fast as possible. Enjoy  :D http://imgur.com/a/gGyNC

For record, the LinusToids one, I tweeted linus with it, and he favorited it  :rolleyes:

I'm a major fanboy

Å friend of my father is racing at asus bechausehe bougth a dual 2,5" bay asus rog command center an they wont send an adapter for his am3+ maximus board....

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I visited my aunt a while ago and found that their old Core 2 Dou laptop (4gb of ram) had a nonworking screen or trackpad and was apparently "too slow" and "needed more ram". For ... a freaking web browser with Adblock? Oh and the computer was full of spyware and other junk. I offered to fix it (or at least partially) but they declined because they don't use it that often. Even though that spyware probably has compromised their bank accounts. LOL

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

I bet he'd click on them ads that say "your pc isn't safe download our free virus scanner"

My dad always does this and then wonders why his computer runs soooo slow.  FacePalm how many times do you have to tell people NOT to click everything that says "Click here"

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

"The most important component is the cpu, I would rather have an i7 6700k with a gs 8400 than a i7 2600k and a gtx 980ti"

- dad 2015

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

"The most important component is the cpu, I would rather have an i7 6700k with a gs 8400 than a i7 2600k and a gtx 980ti"

- dad 2015

well, maybe if you never use the GPU in the slightest... :P

New idea: Consider the opposite though; if games only used the GPU, and didn't care at all what CPU you had.  Think of how that would change things... there would be much less pressure to upgrade your CPU, and with it the motherboard, and thus memory every X years to keep up - just keep dropping in new GPUs until the PCIe version has finally gotten far enough beyond what you have.  Also, you could turn pretty much any old computer crappy or not into a hardcore gaming machine with the addition of one component (RAM amount and PSU size permitting, of course)

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

well, maybe if you never use the GPU in the slightest... :P

he plays a shit ton of games.. and wonders why he lags with a x1650 pro and a i7 980x

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

he plays a shit ton of games.. and wonders why he lags with a x1650 pro and a i7 980x

Has it never occurred to him to wonder why everyone else is easily getting so much better graphics and framerates... that he might be missing something!? lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

"VGA is more diverse and more better image quality and just has more compatibility. It is using analog so you know it isnt compressed like thoes photoes you use that are compressed. This is why our school uses HDMI-VGA adapters to get better image quality." - School IT, 2015

edit: school it talked to me when i was talking to my friend about how shit macs are in our school.. *cringe*

"Mac has better hardware and better software that utilizes the cpu more and is making dated hardware faster. This is why our school sticks with out trustworthy iMac G4 and G3."

... no it crashes in safari when going to aw (school hw website)

Lmao... HDMI to VGA adapter? Didn't know such a thing existed  :P  :rolleyes:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Every one of my classes in college:

95% of the class are wannabe techies. They want to be "cool" with tech. They want to be all l33t Haxorz. Unfortunately, they read all these words and repeat them over and over in class without any real world experience or comprehension/understanding. They talk alot, say stupid stuff. Because the teachers are lazy and stoop to the lowest common denominator, everyone suffers while the idiot teachers and the idiot wannabe techies have their little rabbit trail convos about AMD being the best for gaming and how water cooling is reckless. 'This is really cool class, I collect all my neighbors computer stuff from their garbage and make new computers with it. That's how cool it is to be tech saavy!" and the class goes "whoah! so cool! teach me master!" Sorry, no, they threw away that gateway PC for a reason. Garbage + garbage does not = not garbage. It also doesn't help you to get a job. Knowing LESS than your local Best Buy geeksquad... is NOT enough to get a job anywhere but your local geek squad (I feel sorry for these folks). 

Meanwhile, the 5% that are there because "we have to to get the stupid degree", sit in back and run minecraft servers off of the school computers after we do the weeks homework. And then get talked to because we weren't paying attention to the idiots having conversations about how they found a 15 year old computer at goodwill for $5 and fixed it by putting an old hard drive in it with an IDE cable they found in a dumpster at work.  

Well the saying is one mans trash is another mans treasure. Also, if that was the case, then it would be impossible to build a decent computer using parts only from craigslist, but it works.

My dad was a Computer Science major in the late 1970s and used to be our families go-to computer guy. Then he didn't keep up with computers (he went into food manufacturing) and was confused why I called my 7770 a GPU. I then had to explain that 'video cards' did their own processing now  :D

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace