Tech Savvy Fakers

Philcat101

Some guy had computer issues and the conversation with another guy went something like this:

guy with broken computer: so I broke my computer

prize idiot: how?

guy with broken computer: dunno it wouldn't boot after I cleaned it

prize idiot: did you use a hoover?

guy with broken computer: yes why?

prize idiot: well you hoovered the solder off the motherboard

(i didn't intervene at this point cause the prize idiot scares me and it was too funny mainly he scares me)

guy with broken computer: aw damn

prize idiot: was it on full power

guy with broken computer: yhh i think so

prize idiot: you've ruined everything then

turned out his hard drive had died so yhh thats what I have to deal with at college

this 100% happened

prize idiot: well you hoovered the solder off the motherboard

lmao never heard that one before!  :lol:  :lol:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Gotta buy a $200 keyboard for more FPS... back, didn't help.

"Consoles are better because they are faster" - Kid at school -Death stare- "The heck? are you dumb"

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

Gotta buy a $200 keyboard for more FPS... back, didn't help.

"Consoles are better because they are faster" - Kid at school -Death stare- "The heck? are you dumb"

What part is faster?  The slower loading?  The lower framerates?  The longer period of time between making an awkward clumsy controller input and seeing it on a laggy TV? :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

00110000 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110001 00110001 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00110001 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 

I think 99% are obviously jokes.  It's unfortunate that they're all there actually, since it's actually affecting the star rating of that card, but I guess anyone who is genuinely interested in buying one has done their background research and isn't going to be affected by them anyways...

"VGA is more diverse and more better image quality and just has more compatibility. It is using analog so you know it isnt compressed like thoes photoes you use that are compressed. This is why our school uses HDMI-VGA adapters to get better image quality." - School IT, 2015

edit: school it talked to me when i was talking to my friend about how shit macs are in our school.. *cringe*

"Mac has better hardware and better software that utilizes the cpu more and is making dated hardware faster. This is why our school sticks with out trustworthy iMac G4 and G3."

... no it crashes in safari when going to aw (school hw website)

My school ITs annoy me too. any problem involving internet on out Ipads their response is "have you tried chrome?" and they think Ipads are the pinnacle of mobile workstations. FOR SCHOOL. I have to do powerpoints, open files, word documents, etc... ITS HORRIBLE ON IPADS. They are required (64 gig and up is required too) and laptops are not allowed.

Everyone I know. Literally all of them.

"My phone is slow, maybe I should delete some of my pictures"

Me: You gon' learn something today (I forgave him after he sat through the whole lecture, though.)

"My laptop is running slow, maybe I should put some more RAM in"

Me: "99% sure that's n- $5 says that adding more RAM won't speed it up."

School IT dept: "hughlrglrglrdrrdrr asdffasdjksdalj;kf chromebook adj;kfudyfvucxv sadkjfwkjefkjdf"

Me: WTF that's not even how semicolons work let us have Windows laptops. At least make them optional!

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I find these review hilarious. My favorite one is "When I look at my pc, it looks back"

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

This dude said he has a 1TB "Generic" SSD for $100. I highly doubt it.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

This dude said he has a 1TB "Generic" SSD for $100. I highly doubt it.

its probably from a cheap company and will break fast

I hate people who boast about their new pre-built computer when they dont even know whats inside of it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I know someone who got their friend to get skylake at release so they could have faster ram!

I told him that will not improve performance in games, but he said no, and continued talking to his friend about why fast ram is better!

Hmmm, faster at waiting longer ... That's not much of an improvement.  4 way access though, that's a different story (though doesn't always make it better).

Folding For Linus since July 2015

I think my system slowed down when I went from a 24" screen to a 28" - them larger pixels are harder to move ; )

Folding For Linus since July 2015

In my new school I was having lunch at a table of kids and one of them asked me if I am tech savvy. I said yes. So our conversation went something like this.

Me: So I have this youtube channel which I started recently and I upload CSGO videos at 1080p60 fps.

"Tech Savvy Kid": Yeah, even I have one. I upload videos on 4k usually at 60 fps.

Me: DOOOOOOOOD What are your pc specs that must take a while to render.

"TSK": Nah dood, it takes me about 10 sec to render.

Me: WHAT do you have like a multi titan and like crazy over clock cpu and ssd render farm or what.

Me: Nah m8 show me your video.

He takes out his laptop (MAC BOOK AIR 2015).

"TSK": I cant load vid in 4k60 cus laptop imma load in 1080p60

Shows me a 30 second slide show of minecraft screenshots...........

Later that day I checked, his videos weren't even 4k

A week later I got the courage of asking him what specs his pc has. Here is how it went.

"TSK": So I have a ok cpu and I have 64 gb ram and a few 250gb ssd (not in raid). And a gpu I dont remember what it is but meh GPU are useless anyways.

Me: (Deciding to pull out magical gun and shoot myself) Right I have a i7-4770 and 2xgtx660ti sli and 16 gb ram.

"TSK": DOOOD why would you have 2 gpu that is soo dumb. GPU is probably the most useless thing also 16gb ram pffff get more.

A conversation I had in my old school

Me: What gpu do you have?

Other Kid: I have a 750ti. And a triple monitor setup and I can run wither 3 60+fps

Me: Seriously, that is impossible.

Other Kid: NAH m8 this gpu is like the super rare edition. The Ti in it stands for Titanium that why I can run soo many screens.

Soooo yea. Also my new school every kid has a 2015 Mac Book Air (Yes the one with one usb port or something), iphone 6+ or 6S+ and a few kids have apple watches.

Another conversaion

"TSK": Do you like my watch (Points at apple watch)

Me: Yeah its nice but I am probably not gonna get one any time soon. I dont see the use of it.

"TSK": Dood see this (Presses on watch) Now I can send my heart rate to another friend who has the apple watch

Me: Umm whats the point of that.

"TSK": This is innovation.

Another one.

"Apple Fanboy": Look at my new iPhone 6S+. Its amazing. Look I can touch harder and it does special stuffs.

Me: And whats the point of this.

"Apple Fanboy": The point is that it is amazing because its apple and none of your samsung android crap can do this.

Me: Actually LG released a phone where you could weigh stuff so AKA "Force Touch".

"AF": Yeah but this is apple and they patteted it."

I have many more but the post is a bit too long xD Sorry.

I like potatoes, if you don't then please just step aside and let me enjoy this potato.

tbh I'm one of those guys people think I'm an IT genius in my school but in reality i just follow tutorials and build guides with a $300 dell from 2007.

AMD A10 7700k APU @ 3.8 GHz  /  Dem Integrated R7 graphics  / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 MHz RAM  /  1 TB WD Black HDD  /  ARC Midi R2 Case  /  ASRock FM2A88M Pro 3+ 

Logitech MX Performance / Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

I hate people who boast about their new pre-built computer when they dont even know whats inside of it.

Same with me.

Kid: So I got this new pc from local pc maker

ME: Nice what specs

Kid: IDK it was xxx dollars.

Me: Ok..

Kid: Dude it can run minecraft. is that enough.

I like potatoes, if you don't then please just step aside and let me enjoy this potato.

All of you guys have gotten it wrong. The more cm of rainbow coloured lighting you have on your pc including mouse, keyboard, headset and the pc itself detemines how many hundred fps you have in a game.

When I was a n00b, I upgraded my laptop to 12GB of RAM, thinking stupidly that it would make it faster. Nope. 

A good buddy of mine bought a pre-built PC with a i7-3770 and a Z series motherboard, but the GPU sucks actual shit and he's too scared to upgrade. Safe to say that my i5 speed demon is faster at the moment ;) 

Some Apple fanboy in my grade thinks Macs are faster than PCs because they are Apple. I told him to run Geekbench on his machine and take a screenshot, and I would run it on mine.. Safe to say he screamed and shouted that I faked the score and that Geekbench is biased towards PCs, but it isn't mate, my PC is just faster..

idk

When someone says Alienware PC's are way better than any custom built PC 

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

A friend of mine was adamantly convinced that his 7770 was faster than my other friend's 660Ti.

Noooooo...