Fallout 4 Gameplay

EChondo

You don't really have to scavenge in those games per say, like you dont just die after 10 minutes for not eating or drinking, you scavenge for weapons and items etc

Metro is a linear FPS, there is no scavenging at all really? maybe for medipacs and filters/ bullets, but you just stumble across them in the linear corridors

for Fallout etc, you do quests and get rewards, the scavenging is 100% optional, the game can be completed in 10 hours as a linear story, or yuo can spend 1000 hours exploring around finding new peple etc

They are not really "survival" games in that sense

Metro is more 99% linear. There are some levels where you can choose from multiple paths. Fighting or Stealth, etc.

Not to mention hidden stuff.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So I should be fine with my 4770k and 780 right?  I have to admit I have given into the hype and am thinking about preordering.

So I should be fine with my 4770k and 780 right?  I have to admit I have given into the hype and am thinking about preordering.

Yes should play it fine

Don't pre-order in case its broken or something on launch, just wait, and buy it normally

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Seeing how underwhelming the game looks; you SHOULD be fine.

Knowing that it's developed by Bethesda; you're most likely shafted.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Yes should play it fine

Don't pre-order in case its broken or something on launch, just wait, and buy it normally

I hate to say it, but it is Bethesda. I know it will be broken as heck on launch as with all their other games(unless they surprise me). I said almost, I will probably wait a few weeks for major bug fixes, or the holiday steam sale. 

So I should be fine with my 4770k and 780 right? I have to admit I have given into the hype and am thinking about preordering.

Don't feel bad. I committed the ultimate cardinal sin in preordering Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I hate to say it, but it is Bethesda. I know it will be broken as heck on launch as with all their other games(unless they surprise me). I said almost, I will probably wait a few weeks for major bug fixes, or the holiday steam sale. 

ive actually never had a serious issue with any bethesda game but hey ho still not pre-ordering :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Never played Fallout, any of em..

Dunno where to begin...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You don't really have to scavenge in those games per say, like you dont just die after 10 minutes for not eating or drinking, you scavenge for weapons and items etc

Metro is a linear FPS, there is no scavenging at all really? maybe for medipacs and filters/ bullets, but you just stumble across them in the linear corridors

for Fallout etc, you do quests and get rewards, the scavenging is 100% optional, the game can be completed in 10 hours as a linear story, or yuo can spend 1000 hours exploring around finding new peple etc

They are not really "survival" games in that sense

Yeah, I hate collecting stuff, and these games make collecting a pretty big part of the game even if you don't die if you don't do it.  I just find nothing appealing about collecting stuff in games so I just don't play any games that have these mechanics :D

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Yeah, I hate collecting stuff, and these games make collecting a pretty big part of the game even if you don't die if you don't do it.  I just find nothing appealing about collecting stuff in games so I just don't play any games that have these mechanics :D

Fair enough, I find that aspect the best part really, stumbling around, finding characters, bits of story, weird and wonderful locations, crazy hidden weapons and strange encounters

It makes it feel real, instead of just getting a set of weapons and a set story, you kind of make your own way, like sometimes there will be entire locations and weapons some people may not find, you might find them etc

I love that stuff

But I do  also love a perfectly linear story driven game, and I love mindless MP too, so yeah

I think Fallout 3 + NV are the best open world games ever created, and 4 APPEARS to be shaping up nicely

Seeing how underwhelming the game looks; you SHOULD be fine.

Knowing that it's developed by Bethesda; you're most likely shafted.

I and many other disagree, and think it looks fantastic so far and cant wait to to play :)

Bethesda games are not perfect, but honestly the issues are minor for most, personally ive played almost all of Bethesdas games and they have worked fine and I have enjoyed them a lot

It looks... meh. 

But I am sure the gameplay will be awesome for all those that loved Fallout 3. I'm going to get it to see if it grabs me better than the previous ones. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm not sure what difficulty he is playing at, but I'm assuming Very Easy/Easy. It has the same difficulty choices as past games, however Bethesda didn't implement "Hardcore" mode, but there is a "Surivial" difficulty which supposedly just makes the game even more challenging but still doesn't have food/water/sleep being needed like Hardcore mode did.

So, I'd expect the game to be very challenging on Survival, but also from rumors the higher the difficulty the higher chance for better loot from enemies.

It's such a shame that the game doesn't have a Hardcore mode. I hope it's one of the first mods. I will be playing on Survival mode for sure. Maybe a perma death mode would be really cool.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Never played fallout for graphics, not that it matters to me now anyway, but am I the only one who sees those low rez textures even from this distance?

@Dan Castellaneta

Check the picture in the Imgur gallery, IMO it looks a lot less smoothed over than the thumbnail on the post.

Just checked file sizes between the one in the gallery and the thumbnail on the post. The one on the post is about three times smaller. 

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

I and many other disagree, and think it looks fantastic so far and cant wait to to play :)

-Absolutely atrocious animations, especially facial animations. Deathclaws and Super Mutants share animations for some reason

-Extremely poor lighting, some indoor areas lack shadows altogether

-Absurdly poor character models

-Flat and low-resolution textures

-Poor LoD and draw distance

-Lacking companion AI

-Skills are gone, making character progression lose a lot of depth

-SPECIAL distribution doesn't allow for any fun options, for example to go with a 10 CHA 1 INT build and unga bunga your way into everyones hearts

-Dialogue is barebones compared to earlier iterations

-General oversights in detail (Bolt action rifles firing multiple rounds without cycling the bolt at random intervals)

-HATE NEWSPAPERS

These are just some of the gripes I have with FO4, I could list a million more things. Some of these are subjective, true.

I actually don't know why I bothered in the first place. Maybe because I'm just a dick who wants to rain on everyones parade.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

This game looks pretty dated, like 3 years dated. However I will still buy it and play it because i'm sure it will be fun.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Of course I dont expect everyone to like every game :D

NAUGHTY, you should spank yourself really hard

more than i would normally?  :blink:

Maybe because I'm just a dick who wants to rain on everyones parade.

you said it 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

One ticket to Boston on the 10th please.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

On 11/3/2015 at 11:36 AM, PortentousLad said:

Damn it. As always too late to the party. Videos are down... 😢

Can't find mirrors for the old ones, but more gameplay videos got leaked,

<removed by staff>

Gameplay footage was also leaked. Looks awesome.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/477594-fallout-4-gameplay/page-1

Not sure why it's in PC gaming. Should be in Tech News.

I don't consider video games "Tech News" unless they show off something actually technical. Therefore I post any news of video games that I can in PC Gaming.

Not the best thing to do, but to me it makes the forum cleaner having video games somewhere else than being clustered in here with Tech News. I personally don't want to see "New Rockband! New CoD! New AAA!" in Tech News.

I don't consider video games "Tech News" unless they show off something actually technical. Therefore I post any news of video games that I can in PC Gaming.

Not the best thing to do, but to me it makes the forum cleaner having video games somewhere else than being clustered in here with Tech News. I personally don't want to see "New Rockband! New CoD! New AAA!" in Tech News.

According to a mod in the forums suggestions thread, gaming news is allowed in the tech news section.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs