Snapchat now has the rights to use and distribute all photos taken

Ykno

Ye so i just saw this page.

http://www.neowin.net/news/snapchat-now-has-the-rights-to-use-and-distribute-all-photos-taken-in-the-app

Havant really read thoroughly but ye there we go.

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

Wooo they are gonna select me over the billions of pictures they have? Nah doubt it... I couldn't care less tbh.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Dickpic overload incoming! :D

I'm so happy i don't use stuff like that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Snapchat is for egotistical freaks.

That, or people that want to send stupid pictures along with text.

There is no in-between.

Honestly, I don't care. They're invading personal privacy, but that's what you get for accepting their TOS.

I used to be quite active here.

Wow, they're going to be able to get all the dickpics and use them for marketing images.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

New feature: $10/month to insure that we won't distribute YOUR photos. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

In the latest update to the app, Snapchat has now introduced a reworked privacy policy and terms of service, giving firm rights to photos sent through the application.

Good thing I NEVER update anything.

Hey! Look at that!

Just like Apple & Microsoft!

well I ain't sending any more dick pics then /s

Meh, it's not like facebook, google, apple and microsoft weren't doing similar things already.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Hey! Look at that!

Just like Apple & Microsoft!

Except that Apple is (supposedly) protecting your data and has no access to it. 

well I ain't sending any more dick pics then /s

Meh, it's not like facebook, google, apple and microsoft weren't doing similar things already.

The difference is that people know that anything posted on FB is in the public realm, that's not the case with Snapchat (or at least it wasn't).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Except that Apple is (supposedly) protecting your data and has no access to it.

According to the EULA of iCloud, Apple has the right to use any images stored there for marketing purposes.

@Ykno. Because your post doesn't follow our requirements for Tech News, I have moved your thread to General Discussion and it will remain there until it's in line with our requirements which can be found here.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The users saying "yeah, they're going to pick me out of the millions who use it", or "all the other companies do it too, oh well", are idiots.

The original concept was that your take a photo/video, send it, and it is gone. Now we know they store all the images/videos you make on some server for whatever amount of time they see fit.  Not to mention they have rights over that image/video, which is disgusting. 

One after one companies are destryoying your right to privacy, and no one seems to care or do anything about it.  This is sad.

New feature: $10/month to give you a false sense of privacy by telling you that we won't distribute YOUR photos. 

There fixed it for ya.