Amd "gemini" dual GPU card specs (Leak/rumour/wccf)

marldorthegreat

Since we all know for a fact AMD didn't win Apple over on efficiency and performance, the margins made from sales to Apple will be razor thin. It won't be nearly enough. Console SOCs make razor thin margins as well.

It's too late to get the next Mac Pro since that's already been contracted for Broadwell Xeons.

Source? Evidence? Proof?

Source? Evidence? Proof?

Intel earnings call a couple weeks ago.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Unless dual Maxwell is also liquid cooled. The Titan Z had way better scaling than 2 Titan Blacks or 2 780TIs.

I doubt nvidia will

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

As gemini I want that card huehue. Whatever...

Anyway, would be awesome if they price the card $1000 but as far as HBM I hardly can see that. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I doubt nvidia will

I don't. Nvidia's predictably petty. It won't allow being shown up more than once the same way.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Come on, too there credit they did predict HBM, and other things about fiji. 

That is because it is easy to predict something when you make up 100000 rumours on the same topic. One of them gets confirmed then everybody goes "omg WCCF is actually quite reliable, omg WCCF predicted teh future."

They literally have articles where one says "This won't happen" then another article on the same topic that says "This will happen", all they need is one of the articles to be correct to get people to believe them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make articles where they predicted the next name of AMD GPU because they'll make up hundreds of articles listing every islands on Earth.

I remember there were articles where they try to predict the release month of Nvidia 9xx GPUs and they all have different months and they hope atleast one of them is right.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Using the same graphs you loved to use against Patrick:

At the top end, single 980ti is easily 15-25% better than fury x top end on average.

Assuming 179% scaling on a 980ti you get 223% (1.25*179) of a fury x top end.

Consider now that the fury x is 187% scaling in cf.

That's a 19% difference right there (223/187), and I predict even relative to the dual gm200, dual Fiji will have even more top end issues as it has had thus far overclocking.

Hence 20%. Plus nvidia will put more resources into developing and optimizing the card than amd will (especially on launch day). As they have for quite a long time.

Actually using that for the titan z, would mean that it should be faster. And scaling between to cards is not as good as scaling on a dual gpu card. The 780ti and titan black were both faster than the r9 290x, by about 15-20%, but the 295x2 beat the titan z

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

That is because it is easy to predict something when you make up 100000 rumours on the same topic. One of them gets confirmed then everybody goes "omg WCCF is actually quite reliable, omg WCCF predicted teh future."

They literally have articles where one says "This won't happen" then another article on the same topic that says "This will happen", all they need is one of the articles to be correct to get people to believe them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make articles where they predicted the next name of AMD GPU because they'll make up hundreds of articles listing every islands on Earth.

I remember there were articles where they try to predict the release month of Nvidia 9xx GPUs and they all have different months and they hope atleast one of them is right.

Most of the rumours are correct. Like "fiji is liquid cooled" over 6 months before it was announced.

wait so guys

R9 fury X2

R9 X2

9 x 2

= 18

8GB of memory on the X2 card

18-8 

= 10

1 x 0 

= 0

0 chance of half life 3 confirmed

better luck next time

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Actually using that for the titan z, would mean that it should be faster. And scaling between to cards is not as good as scaling on a dual gpu card. The 780ti and titan black were both faster than the r9 290x, by about 15-20%, but the 295x2 beat the titan z

Numerous issues you are having there.

1. The original 290x benchmarks relied on reference coolers which couldn't even meet stock clocks. 

2. Hawaii drivers improved dramatically up to the titan z launch date (as did CF scaling)

3. The titan z used massively underclocked gpu's and hit thermal limits with low boost clocks.

4. The 295x2 did NOT hit thermal limits whatsoever and actually came significantly OVERCLOCKED (compared to the original reference models).

But hey, feel free to delude yourself. More and more information about the dual Fiji card says two nano's which is even worse (aka power target limited, with max speed under that of a fury x)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Numerous issues you are having there.

1. The original 290x benchmarks relied on reference coolers which couldn't even meet stock clocks. 

2. Hawaii drivers improved dramatically up to the titan z launch date (as did CF scaling)

3. The titan z used massively underclocked gpu's and hit thermal limits with low boost clocks.

4. The 295x2 did NOT hit thermal limits whatsoever and actually came significantly OVERCLOCKED (compared to the original reference models).

But hey, feel free to delude yourself. More and more information about the dual Fiji card says two nano's which is even worse (aka power target limited, with max speed under that of a fury x)

We all know that everyone here is deluded when it comes to AMD vs Nvidia. I got into a big argument with someone related to what you said about the Titan Z. I think I got a warning point for that one.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

We all know that everyone here is deluded when it comes to AMD vs Nvidia. I got into a big argument with someone related to what you said about the Titan Z. I think I got a warning point for that one.

Fair enough.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Fair enough.

Back when I started getting hit by bans a lot more the Nvidia bias here was so damn high. People will/would use all sorts of weird logic and arguments to say why they were better. Said person tried to argue with me that the Titan Z was better than the 295 x2.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Back when I started getting hit by bans a lot more the Nvidia bias here was so damn high. People will/would use all sorts of weird logic and arguments to say why they were better. Said person tried to argue with me that the Titan Z was better than the 295 x2.

I get called fanboys by both sides, more often in this particular subforum by AMD lovers (mainly because in recent times AMD has been underwhelming. EoS.) I think my particular build should show a hilariously devotion to non-fanboyism using hardware from 13 different manufacturers... And no one manufacturer on more than two unique part types.

The 295x2 is not a part I would ever recommend to someone, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It is an extremely capable gaming powerhouse to this day, something the Titan Z cannot claim.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I get called fanboys by both sides, more often in this particular subforum by AMD lovers (mainly because in recent times AMD has been underwhelming. EoS.) I think my particular build should show a hilariously devotion to non-fanboyism using hardware from 13 different manufacturers... And no one manufacturer on more than two unique part types.

The 295x2 is not a part I would ever recommend to someone, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It is an extremely capable gaming powerhouse to this day, something the Titan Z cannot claim.

I can more or less say the thing about my system.

• 2 weeks later...

Emphasis on yet. SLI improves over time. This isn't news.

i didnt know the bandwidth of the SLI bridge and the memory BUS of the 980Ti was improved over time.

i guess Nvidia has another feature to tout about then:

"Self evolving PCB. The PCB itself will grow better physical attributes over time as to assure it is the best PCB"

i didnt know the bandwidth of the SLI bridge and the memory BUS of the 980Ti was improved over time.

i guess Nvidia has another feature to tout about then:

"Self evolving PCB. The PCB itself will grow better physical attributes over time as to assure it is the best PCB"

LOL!

I agree, they have just got a bad reputation for posting rumours. I think its great, because they say what we think might happen. 

The bad rep isn't for posting rumors, It's for posting rumors as facts. If they put a big Rumor tag at the front of non-confirmed things they wouldn't have gotten the bad rep they have. 

Honestly I can't bring myself to read WCCFtech because of their history. 

It's amazing what reputation can do to someone/thing.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

The bad rep isn't for posting rumors, It's for posting rumors as facts. If they put a big Rumor tag at the front of non-confirmed things they wouldn't have gotten the bad rep they have. 

all rumor articles on wccftech DO HAVE A RUMOR TAG. people are just to blind to see it.

They do put a big rumor tag on rumor articles. Where have you been?

all rumor articles on wccftech DO HAVE A RUMOR TAG. people are just to blind to see it.

They do put a big rumor tag on rumor articles. Where have you been?

Maybe now, They certainly never used to. Like I said I can't bring myself to go there anymore.

EDIT: Ok you guys tweaked my interest a little... HOLY cow that site has come a long way.

On another note, What's with websites not actually using the full width of a screen (Unless you have a 4:3 monitor)

Really there is all this real estate why not use it?

Edited by SubTract

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4