Microsoft Phones Still losing money despite new devices :(

AlTech

Like android is perfect yet don't see phone makers run away from it which they honestly should be doing already, update system is terrible and scattered and mostly responsibility of phone makers not google, as long stuff don't change it will only go downhill, on top of that google cannot even keep there own nexus devices running smooth just look at nexus 7 on android 5.0

Windows phone is developed enough right now for app devs to focus also on windows phone.

The problem is the that OEMs actually think Android is good and in the average Consumer's mind Android is good. Despite the fact that its not. Reviewers also tend to have a negative bias towards Windows Phone and don't forgive anything whereas they forgive a whole load of things if Google gets something wrong. 

The root of the problem might be the fact that Android isn't regulated a whole ton and we have too many Android OEMs

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I don't think that's just windows phone but Microsoft in general, good example would be Microsoft came with first tablet everyone hated it, then Apple came with same thing everyone all hyped up excited as if its best invention ever.

1) Apple did not come up with "the same thing". PC tablets from <2010 were terrible to use.

2) The first iPad got a ton of crap, and it deserved 90% of it. It was shit as well. The only people who were calling it the best invention ever were fanboys.

Back on Android, doubt it they should just man up and start updating all devices at once, any new android devices that release after 2016-2017 get updated by google, anything before that won't for legal reasons for example.

That would never work. Updating phones is not a matter of just pushing a button and everything works. There is a reason why Microsoft just said "fuck it. We won't update any Windows Phone 7 devices to Windows Phone 8." Every single update has to be custom tailored to every single phone (for some reason I don't know of).

Making Google update all phones would not only put an unrealistic amount of work on Google (making to custom tailor the OS for thousands of phones every update), but it would also slow down innovation and evolution. The last part would happen because, as bad as skins are, they do actually contribute a ton to the evolution. A lot of the things that is in stock Android today started out as additions made to OEM skins.

I was on at&t, I have a Lumia 920, only verison got the Icon and 735, my family switched to tmobile, and only at&t get the 950 from what it sounds like, the 950 xl is going to be available on at&t and tmobile through the microsoft store, but I dont want the XL, too big...

Microsoft's biggest problem is not everyone who bloody wants their phones can even get them...

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

Never know about this. Sounds not possible, as there are numerous users out there, but we didn't feel the same....

I was on at&t, I have a Lumia 920, only verison got the Icon and 735, my family switched to tmobile, and only at&t get the 950 from what it sounds like, the 950 xl is going to be available on at&t and tmobile through the microsoft store, but I dont want the XL, too big...

Microsoft's biggest problem is not everyone who bloody wants their phones can even get them...

Yes sorta...

MS stopped messing with the providers and started selling through their own store front instead. Verizon can go shove a stick ups its *** with the way it treated windows phone owners. T mobile isn't to far behind these days. I am glad MS has decided go the way it has with selling directly to the consumer. Tmobile and Verizon are stuck on primarily selling the iPhones as if they are worth more than gold.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1) Apple did not come up with "the same thing". PC tablets from <2010 were terrible to use.

2) The first iPad got a ton of crap, and it deserved 90% of it. It was shit as well. The only people who were calling it the best invention ever were fanboys.

Yes MS and IBM may have started the pc/tablet wave but Apple jumped on and perfected the design. This happens all the time in other industries as well.

Nothing against Apple for doing this and I am glad they (or somebody did this) but they hang on it way to much. Kinda like the kid that broke the all time high score and wont let up on it like he invented the strategy but borrowed the strategy from someone else just didn't admit it.  ;)

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Windows phones are bad and they should feel bad.

I disagree, I think that the OS is great but as people have said... App support is a huge deciding factor. If I had to pick I'd choose iOS and Windows 10 for my phone, constant updates and security features being the main reason I avoid Android. 

That said, with W10 ROMS being released for Android handsets... I could see them gaining a bit of market share for people who like to test things. 

I disagree, I think that the OS is great but as people have said... App support is a huge deciding factor. If I had to pick I'd choose iOS and Windows 10 for my phone, constant updates and security features being the main reason I avoid Android. 

That said, with W10 ROMS being released for Android handsets... I could see them gaining a bit of market share for people who like to test things. 

Yup Android updates what? at the minimum once a week? WP updates about 3-5 time a year and iOS updates about same I think.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Yup Android updates what? at the minimum once a week? WP updates about 3-5 time a year and iOS updates about same I think.

implying less updates means the phone OS is more secure.

Yes sorta...

MS stopped messing with the providers and started selling through their own store front instead. Verizon can go shove a stick ups its *** with the way it treated windows phone owners. T mobile isn't to far behind these days. I am glad MS has decided go the way it has with selling directly to the consumer. Tmobile and Verizon are stuck on primarily selling the iPhones as if they are worth more than gold.

Except they havent stopped messing around... I just said in my post that the 950 is exclusive to AT&T and its only the 950XL that is available unlocked through the microsoft store and even then only for AT&T or T-Mobile :/ I might settle for the 950XL even though I think its too big and wanted the 950. Either that or ill just switch to android :/ I really do prefer the windows phone platform though :/

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

implying less updates means the phone OS is more secure.

Not really, Remember apple owners gloated that macs were impervious to attacks....until it happened.  :P

But seriously if there is constant updates of the like android gets I cant use it, as it disrupts the software especially the 3rd party apps.

WP, iOS and Blackberry has always had stronger security built in. Oh yes and remember the chart Linus showed in the WAN show about how insecure Android is. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Android gets updates weekly? My work Android is lucky to get an update once a year... I *JUST* got pushed the update from 4.0 to 5.0 on my A5. Cheers, Samsung. 

Android gets updates weekly? My work Android is lucky to get an update once a year... I *JUST* got pushed the update from 4.0 to 5.0 on my A5. Cheers, Samsung. 

Every Android phone I have used for work got at least one or two update a week for the time I had them. Drove me nuts. It was like 'really another one already?'  <_<

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Every Android phone I have used for work got at least one or two update a week for the time I had them. Drove me nuts. It was like 'really another one already?'  <_<

I'm from New Zealand. This would imply that updates are not global and are very dependent on the region you're based in.... So chances are you're 12-18 months ahead of me in your updates. 

When was the last time you heard someone say. "Ohh i cant wait till that lumia phone comes out"

*Raises hand*

I said it a couple months ago.

:ph34r:

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER