GOOD NEWS FOR AMD?

marldorthegreat

Do you mean Nvidia or AMD?

AMD.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

you forget to add these:

so, where's the good news? they managed to a better quarter by sacking people  <_<

and they still operate a bigger loss quarter to quarter

let's get deeper:

07-minister.jpg

what will happen next quarter when they will operate a even bigger loss?! oh, I know .. they'll fire even more people  :lol:

Can you read? I know you can't use correct grammar and punctuation but at least properly read articles and see what's going on. Oh, and also stop cherry picking shit and making it always look bad.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

AMD.

Neither AMD nor Nvidia have superior hardware they are trumping each other on almost monthly bases.

And for the last years Nvidia had pretty much constant lead in the high-end while AMD had constant lead on the mid-range and low-end.

RTX2070OC 

I still believe that the 1100T is the best CPU they ever made.

It is.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

amd are right on the edge. very curious to see what comes of them.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

amd are right on the edge. very curious to see what comes of them

Same here. I personally like the "on the edge" stage AMD is at now for my personal benefit. I get cheaper CPU's, cheaper mobos and cheaper GPUs based on this. I can find stuff for much cheaper than it would be normally. I putting an AMD athlon x4 860k and r7 260x sff GPU into a nice itx mobo+case and running it as a server.

Also, I am the kind of guy who roots for the underdog, especially in the corporate world. I hate it when big companies act like total @$$H0!E$ and get screw over their customers. This is  fuel for my semi-hatred of Intel and NVDA. Don't get me wrong. I will actually buy and reccomend their parts, it is just that I hate them being so... But I digress.

Can you read? I know you can't use correct grammar and punctuation but at least properly read articles and see what's going on. Oh, and also stop cherry picking shit and making it always look bad.

cherry picking!? you might wanna read this: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9722/amd-announces-fy-2015-q3-results-decreased-computing-and-graphics-sales-hurt-bottom-line

Neither AMD nor Nvidia have superior hardware they are trumping each other on almost monthly bases.

And for the last years Nvidia had pretty much constant lead in the high-end while AMD had constant lead on the mid-range and low-end.

I'm assuming by monthly basis, you mean game releases and not hardware? Correct me because that sentence was vague to me.

If you're talking about performance in games, I never said AMD has always had better performance. AMD excels in hardware and Nvidia excels in software. The bane of the Fury cards is that for some reason (whether it be oversight or lack of resources) they gave them the same ROP count as the R9 290/390. I don't think most people would mind those cards being rebranded next generation with a proper ROP count to bring out their full potential. Look the R9 380 and gtx 960 to see what GCN 1.2 is capable of versus Maxwell.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

And that is why people should do their research before going "deny, deny, deny"

PMSL

I'm assuming by monthly basis, you mean game releases and not hardware? Correct me because that sentence was vague to me.

If you're talking about performance in games, I never said AMD has always had better performance. AMD excels in hardware and Nvidia excels in software. The bane of the Fury cards is that for some reason (whether it be oversight or lack of resources) they gave them the same ROP count as the R9 290/390. I don't think most people would mind those cards being rebranded next generation with a proper ROP count to bring out their full potential. Look the R9 380 and gtx 960 to see what GCN 1.2 is capable of versus Maxwell.

Fury X with 96 or 128 ROPs would leave Nvidia ruined across the board until Pascal.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The 380 vs 960 show exactly why Nvidia is leading and AMD is loosing money.

The 960 should on paper get destroyed by the 380 but it doesn't.

Now for the consumer that doesn't make much difference but for Nvidia and AMD it makes all the difference.

What it means for AMD is that they need to release GPU's with higher end specs that are more expensive to built while Nvidia is selling lower end specs at higher prices while getting the same performance.

I can't tell you what causes the difference maybe it's the hardware, maybe DirectX, or maybe drivers but that difference is exactly why AMD is bleeding money.

RTX2070OC 

Zen 40% IPC or coffin for AMD ok?

Or both if its too expensive and/or priced too low for AMD to make a profit.

PMSL

But it's Zemul post so it must be b.s. *99% of the forum*

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The 380 vs 960 show exactly why Nvidia is leading and AMD is loosing money.

The 960 should on paper get destroyed by the 380 but it doesn't.

Now for the consumer that doesn't make much difference but for Nvidia and AMD it makes all the difference.

What it means for AMD is that they need to release GPU's with higher end specs that are more expensive to built while Nvidia is selling lower end specs at higher prices while getting the same performance.

I can't tell you what causes the difference maybe it's the hardware, maybe DirectX, or maybe drivers but that difference is exactly why AMD is bleeding money.

Back in june, when the 380 was launched, your statement would have been correct, but now, the tables have turned. 380 has seen a massive improvement, making it the best-buy for 1080p. 

Before you say "Yeah, but it's only one title and it's also AMD sided, since it's EA and dice", remember that this beta has been acclaimed to be very well optimized across the board. But you can search for more recent benchmarks and see that the 380 is pulling ahead in FC4, even Witcher 3 and GTA V(without hairworks ofc). We can continue this discussion in private if you want, so that we don't deviate further from topic's subject.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

I do have to say that the 390x has a Crazy amount of VRAM 8GB.

And Shockingly, it's not 7.5 + 0.5! #ShotsFired

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Well the Q3 financial earnings report was nastier than I expected, but hey, AMD will get what it can. I just hope after 2016 if Zen and Arctic Islands aren't selling that AMD just gives up the ghost. There will be no room for financial recovery if those two projects are less than stellar.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2015/10/16/amd-q3-2015-loss/1

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Well the Q3 earnings report was nastier than I expected, but hey, AMD will get what it can. I just hope after 2016 if Zen and Arctic Islands aren't selling that AMD just gives up the ghost. There will be no room for financial recovery if those two projects are less than stellar.

Expect a buyout if they fail, which I doubt they will though.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Expect a buyout if they fail, which I doubt they will though.

the best feasible result is AMD spinning Radeon off, having Intel buy it, and having the CPU business go to Nvidia. Intel needs x86_64, so the license will be renegotiated, and Nvidia actually has the HPC GPU presence to have a full vertically-integrated solution make complete sense (full CUDA system instead of Intel's model where some of the code base would be OpenMP, OpenACC, or OpenCL, breaking up continuity of the programming).

Intel also has the process node advantage and the sheer ubiquity to give Nvidia the fight of its life in dGPUs if given unfettered access to the Radeon IP and its engineers, supplemented by Intel's army of programmers to go through existing drivers, learn, and quickly build up ample support.

Yeah a lot of Nvidia success is in its marketing & features i can't go back to AMD. Geforce experience with streaming & shadow play i like those & that Raptr crap AMD has doesn't work  all the time & isn't reliable. 

Yeah a lot of Nvidia success is in its marketing & features i can't go back to AMD. Geforce experience with streaming & shadow play i like those & that Raptr crap AMD has doesn't work  all the time & isn't reliable. 

Funny thing, I've had zero issues with Raptr's Shadowplay equivalent and I got dozens of hours of recorded content across multiple games, some of which aren't officially supported by Raptr.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Have you tried it? Also, you can use VCE with pretty much any recording or streaming software these days; you're not tied to the Raptr application. Something I noticed with Shadowplay and the GTX 6xx and GTX <780 cards was that if the scene suddenly had lots going on then the video would become very pixelated (possibly not enough memory bandwidth?). I never had that issue with my 7950 and VCE or using Intel Quicksync.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Well the Q3 earnings report was nastier than I expected, but hey, AMD will get what it can. I just hope after 2016 if Zen and Arctic Islands aren't selling that AMD just gives up the ghost. There will be no room for financial recovery if those two projects are less than stellar.

AMD reported gains in market share for Q3 - have no idea what you're on about...

citation.needed.wikimedia.jpg

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6