Scrapyard Wars Season 3 - With Scrappy Guest Austin Evans!

why don't you release all the episodes at the same time , i am pretty sure you will get almost teh same number of views. i mean its like netflix even if you upload weekly or in one day you will get the same response and this way you can upload all episodes on vessel this week and youtube next week.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

EVGA supernova 850w gold+

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

why don't you release all the episodes at the same time , i am pretty sure you will get almost teh same number of views. i mean its like netflix even if you upload weekly or in one day you will get the same response and this way you can upload all episodes on vessel this week and youtube next week.

Would you want to wait for another 5 weeks or so?, or get a weekly installment every week for those weeks.

Just don't watch it until they are all done.

Hype train! Choo choo!

<3 Scrapyard wars, one of my favourite series on the channel.

Thanks LTT!

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Editing time. They just want to get it out quickly. It's filmed over 3 days, at 8 hours a day is 24 hours of footage. With at least 3 different cameras. That's 72 hours of time just to watch the footage. If they had the staff, they could storyboard it and have different editors on different episodes to get them all out at once. Or they could wait another 5 weeks. Or they could release them once a week like most other TV shows in existence.

Let's get some feedback... if you were to do this with the guys, what would you consider? Z97 platform? X99? X79? Z77? Would you buy a new m/bd? PSU? Why not a Pentium that you OC the crap out of? Can new AMD beat old Intel?

Thoughts.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

IT'S FINALLY HERE

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

6 Episodes?! That's awesome!

I hope it doesn't mean 6 weeks of waiting for the next episode, please don't hurt us in this way LMG :)

Wow that sponsor...

First it was the cringe worthy handing out of stuff from dBrand. Come on... does anyone actually refer to their phone as a "dBrand phone", and did you really have to mention that the finish you got was their brand new one that looked really good? After that there was an ad about it in the middle of the video.

It felt incredibly forced and unnatural.

The rest of the episode was good though, but I really hope this sponsor stuff will get better or disappear completely.

Wow that sponsor...

First it was the cringe worthy handing out of stuff from dBrand. Come on... does anyone actually refer to their phone as a "dBrand phone", and did you really have to mention that the finish you got was their brand new one that looked really good? After that there was an ad about it in the middle of the video.

The rest of the episode was good though, but I really hope this sponsor stuff will get better or disappear completely.

Considering dBrand probably gave them couple of grand of advertising money .... I can all but guarentee that there will be a dBrand advert in each video........ But hey it went for what.... 20 seconds...... Who really cares when they help bring awesome series like SYW... At the end of the day Linus has bills to pay so I'm happy for 20 seconds of the video going towards making sure that happens

Austin is annoying me already :D

dbrand went a bit... Balls to the walls on this one. I mean, I'm going to guess they aren't keep the phones or MacBook Airs.

Austin.. oh god.

There is something called Google Maps.
Also forgets his macbook..

:rolleyes:

Poor youtube viewers that didn't get on the Vessel train.... 1 week wait feels :P

You can easily find it on other platforms already..

Wow that sponsor...

I agree, Im sure I remember the whole point in Vessel was to watch videos without adds? 

Except from that it was great :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

@LinusTech Someone ripped the episode from vessel and uploaded it on Mega and is sharing it on a piracy page. Message me and I will send you the link to report them and have it taken down. I am not sharing the link in public for obvious reasons.

I agree, Im sure I remember the whole point in Vessel was to watch videos without adds)

Whole point of Vessel is early access and curated content.

Vessel still shows its own ads and LTT is entitled to show their own. They usually take them out to be nice, but that' not a given. On a project of this scale where Dbrand is shelling out huge money, they'll want their ads on Vessel as well.

I don't have a vessel:(. If I have to wait a whole week to watch it then Linus you had better watch out...

P.S. I hope this doesn't mean my butt gets permabanned too, just like the official czex. I really don't mean it. PLZ

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

@LinusTech Someone ripped the episode from vessel and uploaded it on Mega and is sharing it on a piracy page. Message me and I will send you the link to report them and have it taken down. I am not sharing the link in public for obvious reasons.

@LinusTech You should get this sorted if its not already!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

"Thanks. I want to be polite, I'm in Canada."

-Austin Evans

“The computer is incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Man is unbelievably slow, inaccurate, and brilliant." Albert Einstein

Austin is a fucking legend. Will probably lose though :P

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

I don't have a vessel:(. If I have to wait a whole week to watch it then Linus you had better watch out...

P.S. I hope this doesn't mean my butt gets permabanned too, just like the official czex. I really don't mean it. PLZ

You misread that comment. Linus was not threatening to permaban someone that was sad they had to wait. He edited someone else's comment to remove a link to a (supposedly) pirated copy of the video. That's why it says "-Linus" at the end of a comment that wasn't posted by Linus' account. He was saying that if you post links to pirated copies you'll be banned.

Yay.

Oh wait, whats this?

Its on a service that wants my credit card.

Haha no.

Also, VESSEL is terrible.

Linus,why couldn't you just put the content behind a BitTorrent Pay wall for 0099 cents per video?

I really like that it's one week between the episodes, makes it feel like a professional tv-show.

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed