Fallout 4 Size and Recommend Specs Released – Only ~30GB, 290X or 780 Recommended

Mr_Troll

Bethesda has released their recommended and minimum specs that’ll be needed to run Fallout 4. 8GB of RAM is both minimum and recommended and it’ll be eating 30GB of space on your PC, even more on console.

28-35GB of space on a console for an extremely dynamic world with updated textures and a tremendous amount of dialogue and other assets isn’t so bad, and is actually quite surprising.

Also in the blog post we learned that the game will be unlocking on a rolling release schedule set at 12:01 AM on November 10th in every time zone. Fallout 4 will be available in Asia on the 11th at 12AM however and on December 17th at 12AM in Japan. This means some will get to play it before others.

If you were curious when you’ll be able to play with the Pip-Boy companion app (even if you don’t have the collectors edition with a physical Pip-Boy phone dock), that’ll be available starting on November 10th right along with the release of Fallout 4

And don’t forget that the Xbox One and 360 controllers will be fully plug-and-play supported just in case you wanted to to do that. Also, I’d imagine that the forthcoming Steam Controller will also work, though it’s not even out yet. Now we just need VR support. I wonder if VorpX will release a profile for Fallout 4 sometime shortly after release?

Minimum

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Console Storage Space

Make sure you have enough space in the vault to store Fallout 4.
Fallout 4 requires 28-35 GB depending on territory and languages supported.

I am so hyped for this game. Hope its gonna be another 10/10.

Source: http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-size-recommend-specs-released-30gb-290x-780-recommended/

http://bethesda.net/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=100315-PerkChart&hootPostID=c7add0be85df8b54e96e976dd089d7c4#en/events/game/prepare-for-the-future-fallout-4-important-release-info/2015/10/08/35

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

290X... again Bethesda completely shat themselves on the graphics i guess.

The already rendered textures looks low res as fuck, which is typical Bethesda... oh well.

Alright, time to munch on my 8GB vram.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Well Fallout has never had top tier graphics so no big surprise. Maybe they'll have paid mods with 4K textures LOLOL

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I like that they require a 64 bit os, implies modding will be a lot less troublesome.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Specs don't make much sense.......

550ti is way weaker than a 7870 (roughly equal to the 660ti) and the 9590 is a fair bit under the 4790. I guess they had to cover both though, as the 9590 is the best AMD chip right now.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

Bethesda has released their recommended and minimum specs that’ll be needed to run Fallout 4. 8GB of RAM is both minimum and recommended and it’ll be eating 30GB of space on your PC, even more on console.

How can it take more space on console?  Also, 30 GB is hardly unprecedented... GTA V was 65 GB just to name one, so this is not unreasonable at all considering the massively open world and tons of dialogue options

Update: Also nice to see companies giving up on 32 bit finally... anyone developing for that in the last 5 years was completely wasting their time

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

550ti is way weaker than a 7870 (roughly equal to the 660ti) and the 9590 is a fair bit under the 4790. I guess they had to cover both though, as the 9590 is the best AMD chip right now.

lol, not to mention the 550ti is a 768MB card with 0.25GB of extra partitioned memory. They must be thinking 720p, or 1680x1050.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Well Fallout has never had top tier graphics so no big surprise. Maybe they'll have paid mods with 4K textures LOLOL

we have free mods for skyrim with 4k textures, I don't get why it has to be a paid mod, well apart from being made much much faster if it is paid

we have free mods for skyrim with 4k textures, I don't get why it has to be a paid mod, well apart from being made much much faster if it is paid

I think it was a reference to the whole paid mods fiasco with Skyrim

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8GB of RAM was always expected as one of the things Todd Howard has always been talking about is the greater amount of RAM the new systems have and Fallout intends to use as much as it can.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It's going to take so much discipline to keep me from buying this at launch. But I really want to wait a couple of months for bugs to get ironed out, as these kind of open world RPGs are always buggy as hell. They have to be nightmares to test with just maybe 100-200 QA testers for something so large and nonlinear.

The game really doesn't looks like it would need a "recommended" 290x: Witcher 3 recommends that 290 or 770 and it looks substantially better than what we've seen from Fallout 4 so far.

So either

1) Like most games released lately, their specs are full of shit and just want to create a placebo effect "It requires hefty cards henceforth it must be good looking!"

2) The game runs like utter crap

Sadly I say both options are as likely coming from Bethesda, so overall not good news at all. I guess that's why they wanted to wow everybody with their reveal and cheap plastic pip boy preorder item and so on because like most Beth games, it will be a buggy and might even run like shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The game really doesn't looks like it would need a "recommended" 290x: Witcher 3 recommends that 290 or 770 and it looks substantially better than what we've seen from Fallout 4 so far.

So either

1) Like most games released lately, their specs are full of shit and just want to create a placebo effect "It requires hefty cards henceforth it must be good looking!"

2) The game runs like utter crap

Sadly I say both options are as likely coming from Bethesda, so overall not good news at all. I guess that's why they wanted to wow everybody with their reveal and cheap plastic pip boy preorder item and so on because like most Beth games, it will be a buggy and might even run like shit.

Then there's the other side of the coin - games that promise certain minimums and recommended specs but actuallymtake an order of magnitude more power to be pleasant... Like GTA IV

And a 270X is roughly equal to a 760.

550ti is way weaker.

Also it's probably just a beta build. In a little bit they will have a more polished one that will have lower recommended specs (Like a 280 or a 770).

I like that they require a 64 bit os, implies modding will be a lot less troublesome.

Means we can have a theoretical practically unlimited stable load order :D

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

The game requires 8GB of RAM, and a 32 bit OS will only support 4GB (without some trickery)

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

290X... again Bethesda completely shat themselves on the graphics i guess.

The already rendered textures looks low res as fuck, which is typical Bethesda... oh well.

I'd take a much better core gameplay with more features over graphics any day. Much rather have much more fun in many different ways, than have fun watching how many more pixels are on each texture... If only more games followed suit to adding much more core features instead of mostly improving graphical fidelity. Plus, we all know that the modding community will allow us many different, better graphical options afterwards (if people so desire).

I'm sure it will run fine with quad core and solid graphics.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

To be fair recommending a 780/290x isnt that high, not to mention those are recommended specs not what you absolutely need in order to have a good experience. Anyway we'll just have to see how well optimized the game is when it launches.  

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I'd take a much better core gameplay with more features over graphics any day. Much rather have much more fun in many different ways, than have fun watching how many more pixels are on each texture... If only more games followed suit to adding much more core features instead of mostly improving graphical fidelity. Plus, we all know that the modding community will allow us many different, better graphical options afterwards (if people so desire).

Yeah, I'll take out the box Oblivion over Crysis 3 any day. I love Bethesda games.

And my 560 will still run it just fine...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I've never played any Fallout do you think I can start from the 4th without too much issues?

I hope my 7970 is enough for high settings @1080p