Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

14 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Do you use your real name? I know the Terms of Usage say that you are required to use your real name, and some people have said it takes the name from your credit card, but do people actually use their real names? I'm sure no one could actually tell whether it was your real name or not.

I want to play iRacing but I am worried about using my name or even my father's name. I understand that most of the community are nice people, but I'm sure there are still some creeps out there.

Also, do you run iRacing with a single monitor? I only have one monitor but I want to race, though I believe it would be extremely difficult to see other races alongside you if you are running only one monitor.

Yep, I use my real name, it's also a very uncommon name so I'm sure I'm quite recognisable from the name alone. I think you could get away with it because there is no way they can prove what your real name is without an official document. On the credit/debit card, it doesn't take your name from there. When you first sign up it will ask for your name. Yeah no one is able to tell what your real name is without knowing you personally.

The iRacing userbase is quite small to be honest. I've been playing for a few years and I've yet to come across a real creep. There are the ones that get mad for mistakes and the way I deal with it is by just muting the chat so it doesn't distract me. Some will "protest" or "report" you and 10/10 times nothing will happen because if you never intentionally tried to take that person out the iRacing mods won't care.

Yep, I run iRacing on a single monitor. The only disadvantage I feel I have is not being able to see when a car is side by side with me through a corner. Rule of thumb is to just keep your distance and take a wide line. You can map buttons on your wheel so you can look left and right before you head into a corner. I've made it through many corners side by side with no incidents and managed to make a few amazing overtakes from it. The more you play the more you get a feel of what others will do. Also the virtual mirror is super helpful since you can adjust the FOV of it. The stock FOV is pretty wide angled so you can see a car starting to come side by side with you anyway. You just need the awareness to avoid the very likely turn 1 crash like this...

and this (even though this one was a lot of luck)

If you want some cool things I've found for iRacing like trading paints and a head physics mod let me know! The head physics basically simulates the head movement (which iRacing doesn't). The videos I've uploaded don't have the mod enabled but it helps a bunch for getting a feel for what is happening in game :)

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

1 hour ago, Thunderjolt said:

Yep, I use my real name, it's also a very uncommon name so I'm sure I'm quite recognisable from the name alone. I think you could get away with it because there is no way they can prove what your real name is without an official document. On the credit/debit card, it doesn't take your name from there. When you first sign up it will ask for your name. Yeah no one is able to tell what your real name is without knowing you personally.

The iRacing userbase is quite small to be honest. I've been playing for a few years and I've yet to come across a real creep. There are the ones that get mad for mistakes and the way I deal with it is by just muting the chat so it doesn't distract me. Some will "protest" or "report" you and 10/10 times nothing will happen because if you never intentionally tried to take that person out the iRacing mods won't care.

Yep, I run iRacing on a single monitor. The only disadvantage I feel I have is not being able to see when a car is side by side with me through a corner. Rule of thumb is to just keep your distance and take a wide line. You can map buttons on your wheel so you can look left and right before you head into a corner. I've made it through many corners side by side with no incidents and managed to make a few amazing overtakes from it. The more you play the more you get a feel of what others will do. Also the virtual mirror is super helpful since you can adjust the FOV of it. The stock FOV is pretty wide angled so you can see a car starting to come side by side with you anyway.

-cut-

If you want some cool things I've found for iRacing like trading paints and a head physics mod let me know! The head physics basically simulates the head movement (which iRacing doesn't). The videos I've uploaded don't have the mod enabled but it helps a bunch for getting a feel for what is happening in game :)

Wow, I was not expecting such a detailed response. I really appreciate this. 

I am looking forward to becoming a member in the next week or so. I think I'll start out with a one-month membership just to make sure that I truly like it and then I will either buy a 6-month or year-round membership if I do like iRacing. I suppose I'll use my real name, but I'll still think about that until I make the payment.

I've got another question about trading paints, since you mentioned that. There are two ways to make your own paints; using the built-in editor and using Photoshop, right? But if you use Photoshop or an exterior editor then no one else can see the paint, they only see what you've built in the editor?

Thanks again for all the help and detail.

4 hours ago, theninja35 said:

Wow, I was not expecting such a detailed response. I really appreciate this. 

I am looking forward to becoming a member in the next week or so. I think I'll start out with a one-month membership just to make sure that I truly like it and then I will either buy a 6-month or year-round membership if I do like iRacing. I suppose I'll use my real name, but I'll still think about that until I make the payment.

I've got another question about trading paints, since you mentioned that. There are two ways to make your own paints; using the built-in editor and using Photoshop, right? But if you use Photoshop or an exterior editor then no one else can see the paint, they only see what you've built in the editor?

Thanks again for all the help and detail.

If you do I'd appreciate if you use me as a reference! I could do with the extra cash they give me for tracks and cars :P They usually have offers going on for new members where you can get 3 months for the price of 1 and stuff like that. Have a look around and see if you can find a code :)

For trading paints I believe you need to download the program and from there you whoever is using TP as well can see the custom livery you've made and you can see what others are using. I think it works by uploading your livery to their database then you can select it for your car. I'm not too well versed on the livery side but the iRacing liveries suck so definitely download TP :D

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

7 minutes ago, Thunderjolt said:

If you do I'd appreciate if you use me as a reference! I could do with the extra cash they give me for tracks and cars :P They usually have offers going on for new members where you can get 3 months for the price of 1 and stuff like that. Have a look around and see if you can find a code :)

For trading paints I believe you need to download the program and from there you whoever is using TP as well can see the custom livery you've made and you can see what others are using. I think it works by uploading your livery to their database then you can select it for your car. I'm not too well versed on the livery side but the iRacing liveries suck so definitely download TP :D

Yeah, there's a 3 month membership for $5 I think. Maybe $15.

How can I use you as a reference? I know Jeff Favignano has a code, for example, that you put in when you purchase the membership.

6 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Yeah, there's a 3 month membership for $5 I think. Maybe $15.

How can I use you as a reference? I know Jeff Favignano has a code, for example, that you put in when you purchase the membership.

I believe it asks for an email when you sign up. I can PM it to you if you'd like whenever you sign up :)

6 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Some day @brownninja97

DSC02670.JPG

sandpile.jpgdammit chaos you are making a mess, get those things out of here.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

5 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

sandpile.jpgdammit chaos you are making a mess, get those things out of here.

:(

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Assetto Corsa Red Pack is out... and you are not  allowed to race the Ferrari Formula1 car against other car models >:( 

26 minutes ago, .spider. said:

Assetto Corsa Red Pack is out... and you are not  allowed to race the Ferrari Formula1 car against other car models >:( 

But why? o.O

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

10 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

But why? o.O

Because if its anything as accurate as real world data, the old cars are faster. :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Cant say how but it takes literally and im not joking here. 

Less than 10 seconds to fix the ferrari f1 exclusivity thing. 

Yes i wanted a generations of f1 race that badly.

On another note though this was one troubling dlc, had to verify the integrity five times, somehow lost over 2000 files from thin air and had to reinstall 30gb of data which got corrupted at some point.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

6 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

Cant say how but it takes literally and im not joking here. 

Less than 10 seconds to fix the ferrari f1 exclusivity thing. 

Yes i wanted a generations of f1 race that badly.

On another note though this was one troubling dlc, had to verify the integrity five times, somehow lost over 2000 files from thin air and had to reinstall 30gb of data which got corrupted at some point.

There's a new DLC? Did I miss something?

I guess that explains the 900mb patch lol.

This is my life now.

13728322_10154155226791815_316612531_o.p

Folding@Home | BOINC

20 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Because if its anything as accurate as real world data, the old cars are faster. :)

Indeed, the old cars are faster, as evident in my lap times last night in the 2 Ferrari F1 cars. It wasn't the power that is the issue though. The SF15-T simply feels less grippy. 

However, I absolutely LOVE the SF15-T and it sounds wonderful. That turbo spooling and the whine of the regen braking. Just awesome. :D

38 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Okay so I need some practice but the experience is much, much better than a controller.

It certainly takes getting used to, but you will get the hang of it. You have to fight the ffb, don't let it steer for you when the weight shifts. You may also want to tweak the ffb settings in-game and turn down the overall gain. Sometimes it can be too much which only makes the motors in the wheel work harder and make it more difficult for you to get used to it. ;)

With my G27 I run PCars with the ffb strength at 75%, for example. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

10 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

It certainly takes getting used to, but you will get the hang of it. You have to fight the ffb, don't let it steer for you when the weight shifts. You may also want to tweak the ffb settings in-game and turn down the overall gain. Sometimes it can be too much which only makes the motors in the wheel work harder and make it more difficult for you to get used to it. ;)

I've been messing around with the force feedback, but I think the stock settings feel the best. It's definitely easier to correct with a wheel as opposed to a controller. I think a few more practice laps and I'll have the hang of it.

4 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Indeed, the old cars are faster, as evident in my lap times last night in the 2 Ferrari F1 cars. It wasn't the power that is the issue though. The SF15-T simply feels less grippy. 

However, I absolutely LOVE the SF15-T and it sounds wonderful. That turbo spooling and the whine of the regen braking. Just awesome. :D

One question, does your G27 feel notchy? Whenever I am racing, I can feel the gears more than the belt in my wheel and it doesn't feel realistic or good at all. Do you think I should turn down the ffb?

11 hours ago, theninja35 said:

One question, does your G27 feel notchy? Whenever I am racing, I can feel the gears more than the belt in my wheel and it doesn't feel realistic or good at all. Do you think I should turn down the ffb?

yeah thats the downside of the gearbased ffb

Listen if you care.

hello ... was about time i got into a thread like this :D 

Main racing games i play
Project CARS (have stopped lately)

iRacing (started as of today :D )

i hope iracing is not too serious for this thread 

My racing wheel is a Logitech Driving Force GT .... and tbh i would not recommend it 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

33 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

hello ... was about time i got into a thread like this :D 

Main racing games i play
Project CARS (have stopped lately)

iRacing (started as of today :D )

i hope iracing is not too serious for this thread 

My racing wheel is a Logitech Driving Force GT .... and tbh i would not recommend it 

I think you will really enjoy the racing in iRacing. When you start out, the Street Stocks on Ovals are a big mess and everyone loves to cause accidents, but the Miatas are awesome. Currently, it's the Summit Speedway Jefferson Circuit, which I personally dislike, but the battles you get are awesome. Everyone is very respectful when it comes to battles and racing in Road Racing, and that's just from first day experience. I can't imagine how intense it will be once I get out of Rookies.

If you want to race with me, let me know and I'll give you my name. @Thunderjolt might also be interested, but I think he's a little bit higher than us in terms of licenses.

Is there any real difference between the G29 and the G920 wheel's? They keep switching prices on amazon and idk which to get. 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Is there any real difference between the G29 and the G920 wheel's? They keep switching prices on amazon and idk which to get. 

main thing is that one is for xbox and pc other is for ps4 and pc ... having a logitech wheel ... i wouldnt go with a logitech one .... go thrustmaster T300 or something better ... but if you have to go with a logitech one go with a G29 (has the red dial thing that dfgt has and has the rpm lights like the G27 rest should be identical apart from xbox and ps4 conectivity)

7 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

I think you will really enjoy the racing in iRacing. When you start out, the Street Stocks on Ovals are a big mess and everyone loves to cause accidents, but the Miatas are awesome. Currently, it's the Summit Speedway Jefferson Circuit, which I personally dislike, but the battles you get are awesome. Everyone is very respectful when it comes to battles and racing in Road Racing, and that's just from first day experience. I can't imagine how intense it will be once I get out of Rookies.

If you want to race with me, let me know and I'll give you my name. @Thunderjolt might also be interested, but I think he's a little bit higher than us in terms of licenses.

sure ill race with you pm me your name and ill add you :D 

so far i have raced only the MX-5 on the jefferson cuircut ... and i hate the track ... but car is good ... 1st race ever i came 3rd and the 2nd one i came 7th cause a guy next to me forgot to break and knocked some cars around including mine 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

The G920 is Xbox One compatible, I think, and doesn't have the shifter lights like the G29. Both have the same Force Feedback and motors as the G27, but neither include the shifter. Most people seem to buy a used G27 instead because it is cheaper than both the G29 and G920, includes a shifter, and is basically the same thing with a few less buttons.