Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

The G920 is Xbox One compatible, I think, and doesn't have the shifter lights like the G29. Both have the same Force Feedback and motors as the G27, but neither include the shifter. Most people seem to buy a used G27 instead because it is cheaper than both the G29 and G920, includes a shifter, and is basically the same thing with a few less buttons.

tbh the wheel is a rebranded G27 with the buttons on the wheel not the shifter xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

The G920 is Xbox One compatible, I think, and doesn't have the shifter lights like the G29. Both have the same Force Feedback and motors as the G27, but neither include the shifter. Most people seem to buy a used G27 instead because it is cheaper than both the G29 and G920, includes a shifter, and is basically the same thing with a few less buttons.

oh i forgot to mention the increased price tag for the wheel being black xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

sure ill race with you pm me your name and ill add you :D 

so far i have raced only the MX-5 on the jefferson cuircut ... and i hate the track ... but car is good ... 1st race ever i came 3rd and the 2nd one i came 7th cause a guy next to me forgot to break and knocked some cars around including mine 

Yeah, I'll PM you my name. I don't have a microphone yet, mine broke a while ago, so I hope that is okay. I am looking to buy one soon, though.

Hopefully we're in the same time-range so, but it's not a big deal if we aren't. I am running somewhere in the 57 second range so far on the Jefferson Circuit. It's a terrible little circuit, I think. Turn 6 I think is my favorite, but I dislike the first few turns and the last one.

3 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Yeah, I'll PM you my name. I don't have a microphone yet, mine broke a while ago, so I hope that is okay. I am looking to buy one soon, though.

Hopefully we're in the same time-range so, but it's not a big deal if we aren't. I am running somewhere in the 57 second range so far on the Jefferson Circuit. It's a terrible little circuit, I think. Turn 6 I think is my favorite, but I dislike the first few turns and the last one.

with fresh tires (until lap 10) i can do 57.something ... after that i get 58 .... i push the car too much xD 

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

with fresh tires (until lap 10) i can do 57.something ... after that i get 58 .... i push the car too much xD 

Yeah, on a good lap I do mid 57s. I often get too excited and screw up the first turn, though, so I average slower times.

3 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Yeah, on a good lap I do mid 57s. I often get too excited and screw up the first turn, though, so I average slower times.

my best so far is like 57.442 i think 

for my 1st TT event i had avg 58.483 (on the 1st 8 laps)

i need to do a slower calmer lap to make my tires not as hot and then i can push the car again

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

hello ... was about time i got into a thread like this :D 

Main racing games i play
Project CARS (have stopped lately)

iRacing (started as of today :D )

i hope iracing is not too serious for this thread 

My racing wheel is a Logitech Driving Force GT .... and tbh i would not recommend it 

Why don't you recommend the DFGT? I have one and personally it's an amazing wheel for the price.

37 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

I think you will really enjoy the racing in iRacing. When you start out, the Street Stocks on Ovals are a big mess and everyone loves to cause accidents, but the Miatas are awesome. Currently, it's the Summit Speedway Jefferson Circuit, which I personally dislike, but the battles you get are awesome. Everyone is very respectful when it comes to battles and racing in Road Racing, and that's just from first day experience. I can't imagine how intense it will be once I get out of Rookies.

If you want to race with me, let me know and I'll give you my name. @Thunderjolt might also be interested, but I think he's a little bit higher than us in terms of licenses.

I'd definitely be up for some racing, although since I'm in the UK it might be a little hard. Also races are spilt by iRating so we might not get into the same split for races if they vary by ~400/500 points.

I'll agree the Jefferson circuit sucks but the full course is so so much nicer. Next week is Charlotte road course (which I quite like) so hopefully you'll enjoy that circuit a bit more :) I had an amazing battle on that track a couple months ago, I might've linked it already but if anyone wants to see it I can post it here again

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

9 minutes ago, Thunderjolt said:

Why don't you recommend the DFGT? I have one and personally it's an amazing wheel for the price.

I'd definitely be up for some racing, although since I'm in the UK it might be a little hard. Also races are spilt by iRating so we might not get into the same split for races if they vary by ~400/500 points.

I'll agree the Jefferson circuit sucks but the full course is so so much nicer. Next week is Charlotte road course (which I quite like) so hopefully you'll enjoy that circuit a bit more :) I had an amazing battle on that track a couple months ago, I might've linked it already but if anyone wants to see it I can post it here again

ok fine .. i need to rephrase .... i wouldnt recommend the wheel cause of the pedals but the geared FFB is not the best either 

my legs get so tired cause i cant rest them on the pedal cause if i rest them there ... i go full throttle and nearly full brake when not holding my feet back ... yes my feet seem to be heavy ... idk why or how .... also positional memory ... is not as good as muscle memory for this stuff (i found a good way to modulate the medals really well .... use only the big toes :P

(not related to recomendation) my wheel came with a defect ... it has a terrible noise going one direction (and the FFB is weaker that direction as well) ... and the other its fine ... also vibration makes terrible noises ... sadly some shit got mixed up and i cant get it warrantied (if someone can help me fix this and needs a sound clip i could record one and send it to you) :( .... kinda would like to upgrade the internals :P 

and if im correct the thrustmaster T150 (should be simmilar price .... bit more .. .but close) has better pedals ... if not .. you can use the T3PA pedals with it

pm me your name and ill add you :) 

im like 2h ahead of UK time so that souldnt be a problem but yeah the irating ... do rookies have it? xD 

39 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

my wheel came with a defect ... it has a terrible noise going one direction (and the FFB is weaker that direction as well) ... and the other its fine ... also vibration makes terrible noises

Sounds like some of the gears are stripped and when it goes to apply FFB in that direction it starts skipping on the gears. I don't know if the DFGT uses dual motors like the G27 which would indicate that the gears on one of the motors is stripped. If it is a single motor design it would indicate that something is flexing when the wheel is turned in one direction, increasing the mesh between the gears, causing skipping.

49 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

my legs get so tired cause i cant rest them on the pedal cause if i rest them there ... i go full throttle and nearly full brake when not holding my feet back ... yes my feet seem to be heavy ... idk why or how .... also positional memory ... is not as good as muscle memory for this stuff (i found a good way to modulate the medals really well .... use only the big toes :P

That's funny, I thought only I did that. My foot does that to the accelerator on my TMX pedals, too. I might end up buying the T3PA pedals in the future to see if that helps.

8 hours ago, theninja35 said:

Im not too bothered about buying the shifter, ive seen it for quite cheap on amazon a few times. Im just wondering if its worth spending £200 on a decent wheel. Wont really use it all that much until Horizon 3 comes out, unless I get another Xbone between now and then.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

8 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

main thing is that one is for xbox and pc other is for ps4 and pc ... having a logitech wheel ... i wouldnt go with a logitech one .... go thrustmaster T300 or something better ... but if you have to go with a logitech one go with a G29 (has the red dial thing that dfgt has and has the rpm lights like the G27 rest should be identical apart from xbox and ps4 conectivity)

Is there any way of being able to use the G29 on the Xbone, since I may or may not be buying another one, not sure yet.

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

10 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

Sounds like some of the gears are stripped and when it goes to apply FFB in that direction it starts skipping on the gears. I don't know if the DFGT uses dual motors like the G27 which would indicate that the gears on one of the motors is stripped. If it is a single motor design it would indicate that something is flexing when the wheel is turned in one direction, increasing the mesh between the gears, causing skipping.

the DFGT is a single motor design but i have heard of people moding it by moving the motor (ends up removing some gears and thus the ffb is not as strong but is way faster) and the same guy said taht you might as well add another motor ... but i dont think that the wheel could handle 2 motors xD 

it does sound like the gear is not meshing propperly ... i havnt been able to fix it by opening it up and trying to do something there .... maybe better gears could fix it? 

9 hours ago, theninja35 said:

That's funny, I thought only I did that. My foot does that to the accelerator on my TMX pedals, too. I might end up buying the T3PA pedals in the future to see if that helps.

yeah .. for the DFGT you cant buy addon pedals ... and the pedals are like from a wheel worth 20$ or so

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Is there any way of being able to use the G29 on the Xbone, since I may or may not be buying another one, not sure yet.

from what i know ... no ... and i dont get why they couldnt make it connect to PS3/4 and xbone and pc ofc ...like fanatec did for a few wheels (it could connect to pc and PS3 via USB and to xbox 360 via a wireless dongle)

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Im not too bothered about buying the shifter, ive seen it for quite cheap on amazon a few times. Im just wondering if its worth spending £200 on a decent wheel. Wont really use it all that much until Horizon 3 comes out, unless I get another Xbone between now and then.

honestly i would get the G29 just for the extra few buttons, rpm leds and the red dial thing from the dfgt(its quite useful tbh :D )

about getting an xbone .... are the xbone exclusive games that worth it? :D

and buying a more expensive wheel doesnt always mean better wheel .... *cough cough* G29 and G27 and G25 xD 

18 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

honestly i would get the G29 just for the extra few buttons, rpm leds and the red dial thing from the dfgt(its quite useful tbh :D )

about getting an xbone .... are the xbone exclusive games that worth it? :D

and buying a more expensive wheel doesnt always mean better wheel .... *cough cough* G29 and G27 and G25

Well, I had an Xbone for the past year, so it saves me buying my games back, and I never use my PS4. Plus i'm hoping Forza 4 and Horizon 1 come on backwards compatibility since those we're my 2 favourite 360 games. Its just annoying that some days the G29 will be £180 and the G920 will be £220 then they seem to exchange for a few days.

update on my iRacing career ... i got my road license to class D ... aka i leveled up :D 

On 7/18/2016 at 7:56 AM, Mister2010 said:

it does sound like the gear is not meshing propperly ... i havnt been able to fix it by opening it up and trying to do something there .... maybe better gears could fix it? 

I would just try opening it up and if the gears are still intact try adjusting the meshes.

On 7/18/2016 at 7:56 AM, Mister2010 said:

yeah .. for the DFGT you cant buy addon pedals ... and the pedals are like from a wheel worth 20$ or so

A lot of companies make independent USB pedals which can be used independent of a wheel. You also may be able to use G27 pedals connected to the wheel.

Just now, Squirrel724 said:

I would just try opening it up and if the gears are still intact try adjusting the meshes.

A lot of companies make independent USB pedals which can be used independent of a wheel. You also may be able to use G27 pedals connected to the wheel.

idk... how i would adjust them?

for the G27 pedals you still need an adapter cause the dfgt pedal plug and the G27 pedal plug pinouts are different 

5 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

idk... how i would adjust them?

I can't really help you with that as I have never worked with a DFGT. I have no idea how it is put together and what possible adjustments there are.

Just now, Squirrel724 said:

I can't really help you with that as I have never worked with a DFGT. I have no idea how it is put together and what possible adjustments there are.

any tips on how to setup the gear mesh so its correct (in general for any kind of thing with gears ) cause i can open it up and take a look at it when i wake up cause i need to go to bed about now 

17 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

any tips on how to setup the gear mesh so its correct (in general for any kind of thing with gears ) cause i can open it up and take a look at it when i wake up cause i need to go to bed about now 

I don't know any specifics for steering wheel gearing but for RC cars you set the gearing so that a piece of paper can barely fit through the gears as you rotate them. Or you could just set them so that there is a minimum amount of lash in the gears but they aren't crammed together creating additional resistance.

9 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

I don't know any specifics for steering wheel gearing but for RC cars you set the gearing so that a piece of paper can barely fit through the gears as you rotate them. Or you could just set them so that there is a minimum amount of lash in the gears but they aren't crammed together creating additional resistance.

ok thanks :D

On 18/07/2016 at 1:49 AM, Mister2010 said:

ok fine .. i need to rephrase .... i wouldnt recommend the wheel cause of the pedals but the geared FFB is not the best either 

(not related to recomendation) my wheel came with a defect ... it has a terrible noise going one direction (and the FFB is weaker that direction as well) ... and the other its fine ... also vibration makes terrible noises ... sadly some shit got mixed up and i cant get it warrantied (if someone can help me fix this and needs a sound clip i could record one and send it to you) :( .... kinda would like to upgrade the internals :P 

and if im correct the thrustmaster T150 (should be simmilar price .... bit more .. .but close) has better pedals ... if not .. you can use the T3PA pedals with it

pm me your name and ill add you :) 

im like 2h ahead of UK time so that souldnt be a problem but yeah the irating ... do rookies have it? xD 

To be honest, I've had the wheel for so long I'm just used to how it feels. I bought a G27 and returned it the same day because the FFB was just way too weak for some reason. Even maxed out it felt too light for something with two motors. Although the DFGT motor on mine has an insane amount of kick to it. Yeah the pedals are really crappy but I've also gotten used to that as well. I can brake pretty well although a little resistance would be nice. It probably helps that I had been using the wheel since I was 16 and now I'm 19 and can actually drive so I never knew how a real car's brake pedal felt like. Nope rookies don't but it's not particularly hard to fast track out of rookie :)

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

3 hours ago, Thunderjolt said:

To be honest, I've had the wheel for so long I'm just used to how it feels. I bought a G27 and returned it the same day because the FFB was just way too weak for some reason. Even maxed out it felt too light for something with two motors. Although the DFGT motor on mine has an insane amount of kick to it. Yeah the pedals are really crappy but I've also gotten used to that as well. I can brake pretty well although a little resistance would be nice. It probably helps that I had been using the wheel since I was 16 and now I'm 19 and can actually drive so I never knew how a real car's brake pedal felt like. Nope rookies don't but it's not particularly hard to fast track out of rookie :)

dont get me wrong the wheel may be a great wheel for many ... but if mine died and i needed a wheel ... i would go thrustmaster T150/TMX mainly cause 50% gears and 50% belt ... also you can use T3PA pedals without any adapters 

2 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

dont get me wrong the wheel may be a great wheel for many ... but if mine died and i needed a wheel ... i would go thrustmaster T150/TMX mainly cause 50% gears and 50% belt ... also you can use T3PA pedals without any adapters 

Oh no definitely I feel that. If mine died I'd be really upset but then I'd splash out for a T300 ;)

11 hours ago, Thunderjolt said:

Oh no definitely I feel that. If mine died I'd be really upset but then I'd splash out for a T300 ;)

my plan is to get T3PA pedals with a usb adapter for this wheel .... and eventually a TH8A (idk if its usb or the TH8RS is USB or if neither are xD ) and then splurge out on a T300 .... but idk if i will be able to afford a T300 :/ might have to go TMX but meh :D thats in the future