Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

15 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Well Shit.. guess I might need a new graphics card :P 

So this is a stand alone new game right? I won't lie I'm really amp'd to give this a go! 

Its like GT Sport. No specifications released yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/805550

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Yeah I follow the GT3 series, Love it, also having a 24h Spa has really got my attention 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

33 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Yeah I follow the GT3 series, Love it, also having a 24h Spa has really got my attention 

I mean technically you could do 24H of spa in a 1.5 other games :P

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

interesting.

yet another game I won't have time to play probably

sigh

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

15 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I mean technically you could do 24H of spa in a 1.5 other games :P

Yeah that is true. 

But that brings us onto the one thing I wanted to ask about. 

iRacing, is it really worth it? I for one hate the business model that I have to buy more and more of the game and still have a subscription and if I don't renew I can't access ANYTHING thats i've paid for. It might have the best multiplayer but honestly, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. 

Thats were this game comes it, it looks beautiful, 1-time purchase and looks like something I can really sink my teeth into. Can't wait to finally build my Sim rig with the BMW chair and Dash., but unfortunately moving house soon so its all on hold. The goods news is I might get a study at the new place so got all the space I would need. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

Yeah that is true. 

iRacing, is it really worth it? I for one hate the business model that I have to buy more and more of the game and still have a subscription and if I don't renew I can't access ANYTHING thats i've paid for. It might have the best multiplayer but honestly, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. 

Thats were this game comes it, it looks beautiful, 1-time purchase and looks like something I can really sink my teeth into. Can't wait to finally build my Sim rig with the BMW chair and Dash., but unfortunately moving house soon so its all on hold. The goods news is I might get a study at the new place so got all the space I would need. 

If you want THE multiplayer experience then yes, but only if you can afford the constant upkeep of subscription and content. And can live with it being always online. Otherwise Assetto Corsa + SRS is equally good if you want mostly GT3.

Folding@Home | BOINC

6 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Yeah that is true. 

im a big fan of iRacing, but you need to try it to see if it's worth it for you. I personally like it. they have promotional discounts for new accounts quite often as well 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

16 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

im a big fan of iRacing, but you need to try it to see if it's worth it for you. I personally like it. they have promotional discounts for new accounts quite often as well 

Code PR-GRC gets 3 months for $5 for new members. Well worth it if you ask me, especially if you end up liking it.

Mmmmmmmmm we need a new car

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just played an hour of GT Sport at a sim racing shop. Gotta say I'm incredibly impressed at how the Gr3/4 cars drove, BOP and graphics fidelity aside. The sounds are a world apart from GT6 and the wheel ffb is great (tested on a T300RS).

This was immediately after two races at K1 Speed so my arms were a bit noodly but at half the price of what I paid for electric karting, I'd go back to simracing 9/10 times. 

Although at some point you realize you spend enough playing on the basic rig that you really should be opting for the premium Accuforce/heusenkveld setup.

TL:DR I'm a bit late to the party but I love how GT Sport drives.

Folding@Home | BOINC

18 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

TL:DR I'm a bit late to the party but I love how GT Sport drives.

I need to check it out. 

I really feel for the money and if you have the space investing in an immersive rig so worth it. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

48 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I need to check it out. 

I really feel for the money and if you have the space investing in an immersive rig so worth it. 

I'm content with my single 27" monitor + TrackIR, for the most part. There was a time where I had triple 27s but you realize just how quickly you lose desk space especially if you also want bookshelf speakers.

Also the majority of the triple demo systems I've tried are 24" which are definitely too small. Luckily for me theres a shop nearby that has a dbox motion rig and VR demo available anytime you need it, so my cravings are easily satisfied every now and then.

Still on the lookout for a DD wheel though. Every time I use an accuforce I get destroyed but with Fanatecs DD releasing this summer I kind of want to hold out. No thanks to their mclaren rim thats been delayed.

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

I'm content with my single 27" monitor + TrackIR, for the most part. There was a time where I had triple 27s but you realize just how quickly you lose desk space especially if you also want bookshelf speakers.

i'm on just 1 27" Curved screen I grabbed from work to try out, see how I felt on curved and its pretty Meh from my view. 

Thats going to be my take instead of spending a fortune on 3x 27" and the mounting and all that I'll prob have a second hand 27" sitting there for the basic cats and I'll get a VR headset. Always had the idea of mounting it inside a helmet. would be pretty immersive with a 5.1 setup and a more cockpit car. I did enjoy Dirt Rally on my DK2 even though the res was super low. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

> Current and next lap times invalidated. Slow down to avoid being given a penalty.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Studio 397 bringing the C7R GTLM and Norma LMP3 to RF2. Work continues on Sebring.

seblaserscan_1-1.jpgseblaserscan_3-1.jpgc7r2-1920x1080.jpgc7r3-1920x1080.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 2/27/2018 at 6:37 AM, chaozbandit said:

> Current and next lap times invalidated. Slow down to avoid being given a penalty.

That is hands down the most annoying this in the world. Slow down. Piss off its a race! 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

hhmmmmm I'll need to watch this... 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

Folding@Home | BOINC

Note on car pricing.. yes they are pricey but then again they are the real thing. They are laser scanned much like the tracks and the underpinnings are built from real data sometimes supplied by manufacturer, sometimes teams. The to be released Audi and Porsche LMP1's are not just conjectured and advertised car information, it's actual data from VAG now that the cars are retired. In some cases actual drivers worked with iRacing to build the cars to get them as close as possible...Eric Foss helped iRacing with the original MX5 Cup Car, Tom Long helped iRacing with the new MX5 Cup Car. In fact the brake package was selected by Tom's work IN iRacing, the now rage quitting shit head Scott Speed actually helped with the GRC. In fact iRacing signed an agreement for the Formula Renault 2.0 and 3.5.. well the 3.5 hasn't been built because they can't get the data. Sucks ass but so be it. Each car takes months to build although I think the soon to be released Dallara DW18 Indycar probably needed the least work, but still a month or so would not be unexpected.

GPVWC was actually kind of interesting! So much wheel to wheel action in the last 8 laps between top 4.

Folding@Home | BOINC

What say you, fam?

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 3/2/2018 at 11:59 PM, DoctorWho1975 said:

Note on car pricing.. yes they are pricey but then again they are the real thing. They are laser scanned much like the tracks and the underpinnings are built from real data sometimes supplied by manufacturer, sometimes teams. The to be released Audi and Porsche LMP1's are not just conjectured and advertised car information, it's actual data from VAG now that the cars are retired. In some cases actual drivers worked with iRacing to build the cars to get them as close as possible...Eric Foss helped iRacing with the original MX5 Cup Car, Tom Long helped iRacing with the new MX5 Cup Car. In fact the brake package was selected by Tom's work IN iRacing, the now rage quitting shit head Scott Speed actually helped with the GRC. In fact iRacing signed an agreement for the Formula Renault 2.0 and 3.5.. well the 3.5 hasn't been built because they can't get the data. Sucks ass but so be it. Each car takes months to build although I think the soon to be released Dallara DW18 Indycar probably needed the least work, but still a month or so would not be unexpected.

I really struggle with this though, the foundations of this game are around 15 years old now and are based around a nascar game. The illusive issue of turning right and turning left providing differing levels of grip still exists in iracing. It falls into we have seen this all before category, wow they used data from the real cars, wow so did kunos, reiza, 397, simbin and even polyphony likely did as well. I simply find it too hard to believe that the foundation can be fundamentally changed to the point where cars using technology invented a decade after the creation of the game can be accurately recreated. Furthermore how can I say its realistic when the cars every now and then get updated and have radically different behaviours, that part just leaves me scratching my head.

Kunos went through a similar thing while redoing their tyre model, it went from oh this feels so much better to oh this feels so much better etc etc. 

I dont doubt there is a lot of data used to create these cars and generally the finished products are polished quite nicely however its a stretch for the price especially with the subscription fees on the side. I do however believe the tracks are worth the price. My belief is if they either remove their subscription fees or remove their pricing for the cars then it will be much better but they have no motivation to because nothing hits  their niche, its like not being able to boycott your isp because there is only one isp in your town. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

16 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

What say you, fam?

he was out to take you out at some point in uphill where tapped the brakes so you get to catch up 

also @brownninja97 there is no way to explain how iracing is, only way is to try it for 1 month if you dont like, stop the subscription, but be warned Rookie class events are qutie of a hellhole, still not as bad as something like Pcars :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO