Microsoft and Google agree to drop each other long standing lawsuits

GoodBytes

In 2010, Microsoft, under Steve Ballmer control, took to court Motorola which Google took over in 2012, and so inherited the suit, over patent infringement. Microsoft claimed that Motorola was using several patents owned by Microsoft without permission from them. In addition, Google went after Microsoft saying that they patent infringe as well.

Both companies was for many years fighting between each other. Until today that is, where both companies announces together that an agreement of dropping their long standing lawsuits between each other (roughly 20 lawsuits). And both established an agreement of patent sharing, and collaborative work.

Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain patent matters and anticipate working together in other areas in the future to benefit our customers.

From their statement

Both companies had a change of CEO, and it looks like their more in agreement now than ever before.

Source: http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-google-agree-drop-long-standing-lawsuits

This is a first step in collaboration between the 2 companies, and this could lead to greater improvements of product on both sides. Could Google Docs be better working with Office documents soon? Can Android be even better now? Could it mean that now an official YouTube and Google Maps might be something to see in the future for Windows 10 Mobile devices?

We don't know, but if relations between both companies continues in this collaborative path, then it could be.

Google+microsoft=Monopoly 

apple is pretty big competition to both

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

doubt they stand a chance aginst microgoogle though, unless they join them, at that moment we are all fucked as consumers :)

that'll be the next debate, Googlesoft or Microgoogle.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

You have a better chance of seeing God then Google's apps coming to W10M. Though the Google Docs / Office is feasible. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Good guys ms and and Google

Steal each others patents

Decide to share their work together

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

now we just need it to be MicroAMDGoogle than we are set for a long and bloody war against Apple and Intel

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

You have a better chance of seeing God then Google's apps coming to W10M. Though the Google Docs / Office is feasible. 

My lord I hope GDrive/Docs/Slides/etc. comes to Windows. PLEEEEASSSSEEEEE.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Collaboration does not mean they are merging. This is how rumors are started. Come on think people.

If this was remotely the case then MS, IBM. Intel, HP Compaq, Apple, etc. would all be one big-ass company right now with all the collaboration they have done over the last 30 years.

<_<

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

FINALLY some common sense in the world

"You wouldn't worry so much what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do" -Eleanor Roosevelt 

guys 2 people from the companies just agreed on a few patents. this literally means nothing for the consumer.

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

PLS Gdrive, i use it like every day

IKR? It needs to happen. With the same interface as online.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They're probably thinking "Truce? That way we can focus on Apple and Samsung!"

I would honestly be okay with them working together to destroy apple.

Kill the greater evil first,

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They're probably thinking "Truce? That way we can focus on Apple and Samsung!"

yeah, but i want to see a war between Apple, Samsung, and Intel vs Microsoft, AMD, and Google

I would honestly be okay with them working together to destroy apple.

Kill the greater evil first,

and this

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

yeah, but i want to see a war between Apple, Samsung, and Intel vs Microsoft, AMD, and Google

and this

That would be so ridiculously massive and drawn out it would destroy the judicial system altogether, we'd basically force a reform for copyright law as a result...Sounds interesting in a sort of 'Fight Club' ending kinda way, I like it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That would be so ridiculously massive and drawn out it would destroy the judicial system altogether, we'd basically force a reform for copyright law as a result...Sounds interesting in a sort of 'Fight Club' ending kinda way, I like it.

i was just thinking more of like a war through products and such. not through patents and the likes 

Spoiler

i was just thinking more of like a war through products and such. not through patents and the likes

I think it's more cost effective to just patent troll and such than it is to R&D new tech, kinda the reason why Google bought Motorola and such.

Sad situation really.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think it's more cost effective to just patent troll and such than it is to R&D new tech, kinda the reason why Google bought Motorola and such.

Sad situation really.

either way, i want to see who would win

Spoiler

that'll be the next debate, Googlesoft or Microgoogle.

Microgoogle tickles my pickle.