By 2050, human-on-robot sex will be more common than human-on-human sex

jos

Please. Bring it on. Women get treated with kid gloves these days, whereas men are born guilty. If I say I am only attracted to skinny women, I'm a pig, but it's perfectly acceptable for a women to not go out with me because I'm fat (5 foot 11, 275 pounds).

If a woman wants to advance her position in the work place? She can cry foul, or do.....other things, or just work as hard as anyone else. Whereas all men can do is bust their ass off.

i read that as 5 foot 11,275 pounds. damn that'd be a lot.

you just gotta live in a harsh environment and no one gets the glove treatment :P

Out back Australia for one (city slickers aka about 90% of the population don't count unless its the likes of Alice) women need to pull their weight and no one can get a free pass no matter how you complain, city slickers occasionally move here, usually gone in a year :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

i wonder if robots that look like 10 year olds would be legal

Pedobear is that you?

The world will actually go downhill from there. Sooner or later the world population will begin to drop , sociability will drop, less kids will be born. Robot banning and even extermination will begin.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Well if I'll never know what a real women is like why not a robot one? At least it's something.

Or is sex only reserved for the socially able?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I used to make pizza's for $7.95 an hour (minimum wage at the time in Ohio) and even the people i worked with felt they were worthy of far more than that. 

Personally, i want a Star Trek style future, where currency becomes obsolete, and food can be phased in, in a matter of seconds. 

Food duplicators-telling companies to get fucked since 2053 AD

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

if you can afford something like that you can set up tents inside of all the hookers in your town

I would appreciate it if you would leave my name in the quote when you ask me a question. Also, a previous post i made in this thread already provided that answer.

That's what happens when you paste a quote in a different post, there's no need to cry about it.

because I'm fat (5 foot 11, 275 pounds).

I am pretty much the same height and weight as you.. it never stopped me though :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am pretty much the same height and weight as you.. it never stopped me though :D

I am glad T'rik is not the only one weighing in at 11275 pounds.  I don't want him to feel like he is completely alone in his circumstances.  :mellow:

I am glad T'rik is not the only one weighing in at 11275 pounds.  I don't want him to feel like he is completely alone in his circumstances.  :mellow:

haha I meant I am 5'10 and I am like 250lbs, but honestly as self concious as I am, it has never effected me with women

(or if it has, I have always manage to find that most (most not all) just dont care)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Fat people are so disgusting its unbelievable.

You dont have to be beautiful or whatever cuz thats not a choice.

Being a FAT FATTY FAT FATSO is a choice however. I totally think robots are perfect for there people, so i dont have to look at them on the street walking around.

Women should be WAY more selective too. Need to artificially select out all the braindead men walking around. They should have all the fun they possibly can... just dont want their genes passed on.

Pedobear is that you?

The world will actually go downhill from there. Sooner or later the world population will begin to drop , sociability will drop, less kids will be born. Robot banning and even extermination will begin.

by that time we would have nanobots that would cure very disease both psychological and psychological

no depression, anxiety and super long lives. we wouldn't really need or desire sex at one point but just live for extreme long lives  and for a few more decades wouldnt need our bodies

people dont realize how close we are to such a future

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That's what happens when you paste a quote in a different post, there's no need to cry about it.

I asked nicely, i did not cry about it. If you quote someone without leaving their name in it, they do not get notified. This leaves the chance that you will not get a response from them, unless they go through and read every post in the thread. You might want to improve upon your reading, so you can better recognize emotion in text, or lack of emotion for that matter. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

As long as i can hook up my robo-waifu to a Freesync monitor and she can play all the latest gamz at 1440p at max settings then i don't see why not.

No but seriously i don't give a shit. Let people do what they want. I don't care to criticize someone who wants to bang a toaster with the A.I. of a hamster.

Even if they look 10, if they have tentacles, or they are in a wheelchair (Different strokes for different folks, paraplegic robots in wheelchairs; god bless the human race) they're robots and not people.

But just for one second.

Wouldn't it be totally sick if in like 20 years you could purchase a best friend robo-buddy with insanely good A.I. and you can just plug him in to your buddy's 16K, IPS, 0.0001ms, Ultra-mega HDTV?

I wouldn't have to invest in a Lan box, i could just upgrade my robo-buddy with a 1280ti or R9 890x and head over to their house.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

As long as i can hook up my robo-waifu to a Freesync monitor and she can play all the latest gamz at 1440p at max settings then i don't see why not.

No but seriously i don't give a shit. Let people do what they want. I don't care to criticize someone who wants to bang a toaster with the A.I. of a hamster.

Even if they look 10, if they have tentacles, or they are in a wheelchair (Different strokes for different folks, paraplegic robots in wheelchairs; god bless the human race) they're robots and not people.

But just for one second.

Wouldn't it be totally sick if in like 20 years you could purchase a best friend robo-buddy with insanely good A.I. and you can just plug him in to your buddy's 16K, IPS, 0.0001ms, Ultra-mega HDTV?

I wouldn't have to invest in a Lan box, i could just upgrade my robo-buddy with a 1280ti or R9 890x and head over to their house.

You forgot to mention that she needs to be able to play the games with you lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You forgot to mention that she needs to be able to play the games with you lol

You're right.

Ro-bro would also have to be able to play with me and adapt to the games with practice.

I have read some interesting papers about speculation that once the robot sex toys become more popular and capable, human relationship goals will change.  As the robots get cheaper and better, more people will have access and/or be willing to use them.  This means young men and less desirable men will take themselves out of the relationship market if they are just searching for sex, as the robots will be easier and provide more of what they are wanting.  This means the only people left in the relationship hunting social areas will be people who are unwilling to use robots or are looking for actually human interaction.  They may also be looking to have children. 

This will cause a swing in the power dynamics of male / female interactions.  Right now, the women are the gatekeepers to sex (for the most part).  And essentially, the majority of women are tolerated by the men as they provide the sex.  Once the sex is not really an issue, as the men will have robots as an option, women will have to provide something besides sex.  The robots won't get old, they won't stop being pretty, and they won't get angry or jealous if you want a new model.  This will be both good and bad for women and men.

Women will be freed from much of the constant sex drive that men push on to them.  But this will also remove large amounts of men from the "market".  This will increase the female to male ratio in those seeking real relationships.  This increase will make the men who are looking for relationships more valuable.  And it will also remove both the men and the women who are simply looking for better jerk off scenarios (as they will just use the robots).  The reason this will be more problematic for women is that while women also use sex toys, they do still want relationships more often and younger (generically) than men do.  So more men will be willing to just not even bother with women and use their robots, and then just hang out with their friends to fulfill their relational and emotional needs.  Generically speaking, women will be less willing to do this.

So, robots will pull a larger amount of men out of the social market than it will women.  This will cause women to have to be "better".  They will not be able to use sex nearly as well as a selling tool for themselves, and they will have to start offering more personality and other things.

Just my on topic thoughts.

I have read some interesting papers about speculation that once the robot sex toys become more popular and capable, human relationship goals will change.  As the robots get cheaper and better, more people will have access and/or be willing to use them.  This means young men and less desirable men will take themselves out of the relationship market if they are just searching for sex, as the robots will be easier and provide more of what they are wanting.  This means the only people left in the relationship hunting social areas will be people who are unwilling to use robots or are looking for actually human interaction.  They may also be looking to have children. 

This will cause a swing in the power dynamics of male / female interactions.  Right now, the women are the gatekeepers to sex (for the most part).  And essentially, the majority of women are tolerated by the men as they provide the sex.  Once the sex is not really an issue, as the men will have robots as an option, women will have to provide something besides sex.  The robots won't get old, they won't stop being pretty, and they won't get angry or jealous if you want a new model.  This will be both good and bad for women and men.

Women will be freed from much of the constant sex drive that men push on to them.  But this will also remove large amounts of men from the "market".  This will increase the female to male ratio in those seeking real relationships.  This increase will make the men who are looking for relationships more valuable.  And it will also remove both the men and the women who are simply looking for better jerk off scenarios (as they will just use the robots).  The reason this will be more problematic for women is that while women also use sex toys, they do still want relationships more often and younger (generically) than men do.  So more men will be willing to just not even bother with women and use their robots, and then just hang out with their friends to fulfill their relational and emotional needs.  Generically speaking, women will be less willing to do this.

So, robots will pull a larger amount of men out of the social market than it will women.  This will cause women to have to be "better".  They will not be able to use sex nearly as well as a selling tool for themselves, and they will have to start offering more personality and other things.

Just my on topic thoughts.

Lol wut.

You realize women are in the same boat as men right?

It's a sex robot.

Maybe i'm wrong but i think we're continuing down a path where we stop pretending men and women are all that different. (Men and women are different but a lot of things and stereotypes are just plain false)

Not to get all SJW but men and women aren't that much different, especially when you treat both sexes the same (meaning no gender roles) women are just as sexually hungry as men.

Unless you're some kind of cuck who can't get your boy/girl going, i've never seen a power dynamic.

I'm young, dumb, and full of cum though so who knows.

I theorize that the future will be faced with pro-evangelion fuckers and anti-evangelion fuckers with a diverse sexual representation of robot-fucking and robot-fucking hate.

I can't wait 20 years from now until robot-fucking becomes a REAL BIG social movement and people start holding pride parades for robot fucking.

I won't have kids at that time, but if i did i would tell them i was on the right side of history all along on the issue of having sex with your toaster.

Then i'll run for president like Bernie Sanders with my perfect voting record on robot-fucking.

You realize women are in the same boat as men right?

Maybe i'm wrong but i think we're continuing down a path where we stop pretending men and women are all that different. (Men and women are different but a lot of things and stereotypes are just plain false)

Not to get all SJW but men and women aren't that much different, especially when you treat both sexes the same (meaning no gender roles) women are just as sexually hungry as men.

-snipped for brevity-

While what you say sounds correct, it has not been my experience in the real world.  And I don't mean my personal experience with girlfriends.  I mean that my observations of how men and women interact and what men want.  Naturally, I'm a dude so have only my own perspective.

From what I have seen, the majority of men I knew growing up (18-late 20s) really just wanted sex.  Unless they were looking for a wife, then they cared about other things.  When I was in the military, and at college, and after college and the military.  The guys at the bars were just looking for a one night stand.  Sometimes these one night stands became something more, but those relationships usually ended badly.

From what I saw with women, those that just wanted sex were obviously unfairly branded as whores; whom the men would be more than glad to bed.  But it was much much much less common for women to strictly be looking for the one night stand for the singular purpose of sex.  Finding a guy that felt used after a one night stand was extremely rare.  Finding a women that felt used was super easy. 

The problem is and will be for a while, women and men are looking for different things at different times in their lives.  This is generalized and there are obviously plenty of outliers, but the majority will fall into a situation where earlier in our adult lives we are looking for different things.  The sex robots will free us up from a lot of the overarching drive to find someone willing to have sex with us.  If you could have a good one night stand with your sexbot, would you really feel so pressured to impress or woo this other person at the bar?  While I may have said that women will have to step up their game a lot, men will too.  But I still believe more men will be willing to write off women than women will be willing to write off men. 

And if women think beauty standards are hard now, imagine how bad it will be when you have human sized life like sex robots that will put out in any way you could possibly want.  And they won't grow old, they won't have a bad hair day, they will never tell you no, they won't have a headache, they will have perfectly sized bodies.  More over, they will have bodies that can't be achieved by real humans.  You want that barbie doll shape? No problem.  You want a cat girl?  No problem.  You want your favorite anime character complete with breasts larger than your head, a tail, wings, and holes so tight you worry about blood loss?  Not a problem.

My argument isn't that women can't just do the same to men.  The male robots for women will forever be buff, and be shaped and sized as desired just as much.  But men have been conditioned through evolution and centuries of war and raising to be "tough", to have different emotional attachments than women.  Loner men are much more common than loner women, and men bond differently than women do.  So from what I have read and understand about the emotional differences between the average man and woman, men will be much more willing to give up women, than women will be willing to give up men.

The other thing is that a lot of men that have trouble with women have unrealistic expectations, same as women having unrealistic expectations.  But a lot of these men want to live the power fantasy, what man doesn't want to be the hero?  Owning a sex robot that will obey your every command will make it harder for the men that do to be willing to deal with natural compromises and frustrations that come with a regular and normal relationship. 

TL:DR;  Men have been raised to handle solitude better due to things like war and hunting.  The "forever alone" men and women will start to remove themselves from social dating scenes.  Regular men will start to use sex robots more.  Men will be more willing to give up women than women give up men.  Both men and women will have to bring more to the table when dating besides sex, but I believe women will struggle more with this than men will.  All of this is averages and generalities.

While what you say sounds correct, it has not been my experience in the real world.  And I don't mean my personal experience with girlfriends.  I mean that my observations of how men and women interact and what men want.  Naturally, I'm a dude so have only my own perspective.

From what I have seen, the majority of men I knew growing up (18-late 20s) really just wanted sex.  Unless they were looking for a wife, then they cared about other things.  When I was in the military, and at college, and after college and the military.  The guys at the bars were just looking for a one night stand.  Sometimes these one night stands became something more, but those relationships usually ended badly.

From what I saw with women, those that just wanted sex were obviously unfairly branded as whores; whom the men would be more than glad to bed.  But it was much much much less common for women to strictly be looking for the one night stand for the singular purpose of sex.  Finding a guy that felt used after a one night stand was extremely rare.  Finding a women that felt used was super easy. 

The problem is and will be for a while, women and men are looking for different things at different times in their lives.  This is generalized and there are obviously plenty of outliers, but the majority will fall into a situation where earlier in our adult lives we are looking for different things.  The sex robots will free us up from a lot of the overarching drive to find someone willing to have sex with us.  If you could have a good one night stand with your sexbot, would you really feel so pressured to impress or woo this other person at the bar?  While I may have said that women will have to step up their game a lot, men will too.  But I still believe more men will be willing to write off women than women will be willing to write off men. 

And if women think beauty standards are hard now, imagine how bad it will be when you have human sized life like sex robots that will put out in any way you could possibly want.  And they won't grow old, they won't have a bad hair day, they will never tell you no, they won't have a headache, they will have perfectly sized bodies.  More over, they will have bodies that can't be achieved by real humans.  You want that barbie doll shape? No problem.  You want a cat girl?  No problem.  You want your favorite anime character complete with breasts larger than your head, a tail, wings, and holes so tight you worry about blood loss?  Not a problem.

My argument isn't that women can't just do the same to men.  The male robots for women will forever be buff, and be shaped and sized as desired just as much.  But men have been conditioned through evolution and centuries of war and raising to be "tough", to have different emotional attachments than women.  Loner men are much more common than loner women, and men bond differently than women do.  So from what I have read and understand about the emotional differences between the average man and woman, men will be much more willing to give up women, than women will be willing to give up men.

The other thing is that a lot of men that have trouble with women have unrealistic expectations, same as women having unrealistic expectations.  But a lot of these men want to live the power fantasy, what man doesn't want to be the hero?  Owning a sex robot that will obey your every command will make it harder for the men that do to be willing to deal with natural compromises and frustrations that come with a regular and normal relationship. 

TL:DR;  Men have been raised to handle solitude better due to things like war and hunting.  The "forever alone" men and women will start to remove themselves from social dating scenes.  Regular men will start to use sex robots more.  Men will be more willing to give up women than women give up men.  Both men and women will have to bring more to the table when dating besides sex, but I believe women will struggle more with this than men will.  All of this is averages and generalities.

Ok, no, i completely understand what you mean now based on your experience and the trends that exist.

-snip-

Well put, but I wouldn't be so sure about it.

Men have evolved to want to have as much sex as possible while women have evolved to want to stick with one partner. It makes perfect biological sense as well. 1 man can impregnate several woman without any problems, but a single woman can only reproduce with 1 man every 9 months. So women have strived for long relationships for thousands of years while men have wanted short ones. For the first few generations of sex robots it will most likely be men buying them for the perfect fuck partner that will never say no, but I don't see anything hindering women from jumping on board the train once they get advanced enough to fulfill the more long term state of being in a relationship.

So I don't think you're entirely correct in saying that women will struggle more. I think they will start struggling sooner since their desires require more advanced technology to fulfill, but once that barrier gets knocked down both genders will probably struggle equally as much. Or maybe neither will struggle because at that point there won't really be any reason for human/human relationships. Except you know that whole reproduction thing but judging by how self-absorbed most young parents are today I'd say they would be better off without children. On top of that, sex for the purpose of reproduction is an extremely small fraction of all the things sex robots could be stand-in for.

-snip-

once they get advanced enough to fulfill the more long term state of being in a relationship.

I want to break this into 2 parts of desire.  Emotional desire and physical desire.  I completely agree with everyone that states both men and women will equally switch to robots for physical desire alone.  There isn't really much argument to be made here I don't think, let's just look at how many women use vibrators.  Men simply don't use toys in equal numbers due to logistical reasons and lack of viable toys.

But the emotional needs are what will drive people to seek other people.  Until an AI gains true consciousness, and the individual human acknowledges this consciousness, we will never be able to feel true empathy from robots.  Even if the AI could perfectly mimic human behavior, if you knew that it was purely software, and wasn't genuinely self conscious, you would know that it didn't actually care.  When it asked how your day was, it would just be doing what you essentially told it to do when you bought it.  When it gave you a back rub because it sensed that you were feeling stressed because it could see the changes in posture to indicate muscle tension, you would know that it was basically just a fancy self massage tool.  Knowing it wasn't real would make it worse than not getting anything at all, because it would feel fake.  This falseness would make you feel worse for being unable to get the real thing, that you couldn't get a real person to care about you.

This need for true empathy is what will drive people towards each other.  But here in lies the problem.  When we don't receive or feel this empathy from others for long enough, we stop craving it consciously.  We start to replace what we should be getting, with what we can find.  This is why people don't miss what they don't know, or why abused people stay with their abuser, or why addicts forever want their "chosen" vice.  We want to feel like someone else cares about us, we want to feel important and needed and wanted.  And if we can't find it, we will take whatever we can find to "fill the void".

I do not think AI interaction will be anything close enough to pretend to truly be human like for a long time.  Much longer from now than we will have sexbots.  I personally think the sexbot issue will likely be resolved before we have "robots that act enough like humans to replace human interaction" problems.  But in the gap, I think women will struggle the most.  And I think this because of how men are able to get most of what they need from their friend group, and are much more easily able to "isolate" themselves.  I would argue that most of these men are depressed in more ways than they realize and that we all (men and women) could use some counseling on how proper male/female interactions should work and what realistic goals should be.  But what should happen is not what will happen.

I think more men will chose robots for sexual satisfaction, and their friend group and coworkers (while we all still have jobs, lol) for the minimal human interaction they need.  I simply think that this minimum social interaction requirement is much higher in the average woman than it is in the average man.  Not in such a way that women need more quantity of interaction (even though I think they do), but more so in that they need more complexity of human interaction.  Women have grown up through history in home groups, where the men grew up in working groups.  Women learned to help each other succeed within the group, where men learned to succeed as individuals.  And lets be honest about the bulk of history, the value of a woman was her beauty, and the value of a man was his ability to provide.  These have both been shattered in the recent decades, and both genders are trying to figure out what they actually want, and if doing something different is even actually better.

TL:DR;  Men are willing to settle for "lesser" than women are.  Standards for partners for both genders are getting out of control.  Men will be more willing to settle for sex from a robot and lesser human interaction than women will.  This means more men than women will remove themselves from the dating scene.  This will cause women to have to lower their standards or increase their "attractiveness" (emotionally/relationaly).  This will cause more men to be more successful with women.  This may start to pull men away from sexbots.  This may all take a long time, or may happen super fast.  History likes to turn people's timetables on their heads.

So, in essence humanity will be shaken up so much due to social ramifications that sexbots bring... Well, fuck me.

That's the plan

And by 2100, biological females will no longer exist because we're tired of putting up with their shit.

Yeah, I said it. Come at me. I'm a nice guy in person, and I'm a 26 year old virgin. By all means, open this can of worms.

In 4 years you'll become a wizard!

I'm perfectly fine with this when it's just a more advanced version of what we already have. As AI progresses, I see it going two ways. One, full on capabilities AI... If that happens I really don't see anything happening except us (as in humans) getting f*cked over and probably going extinct. The other way is AI progresses to become more like humans. If so, then this is inevitable.

So basically, it's either undoubtedly going to happen, or we're dead.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.