Little bit of fashion...

Merc.

Heyyy!

How are you? 

I know this is a TECH forum, but I can't find any FASHION forum. (or then I'm too lazy to even try to find one)

I'm thinking about things that I could buy... So I thought I could buy some new clothes and shoes from companies like Puma and Nike. (Branded clothing???)

So do you think it is a good idea?

I'm a 16 year old college,High school student (whatever you call it) and I want to "have more Swag".  :D So could you suggest any good clothing brands and companies that I should look for? I basically know nothing about fashion or brand clothing.

I have already found two really sexy pairs of shoes, so you can tell me now which one is more sexy:

1. http://us.puma.com/en_US/special/suedes

2. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sb-portmore-renew-skateboarding-shoe/pid-10274432/pgid-10342155

Thank you for your help. Danke schön, Kiitos, Gracias, спасибo, tack. (Showing off my personal "language library" a bit :D)

King of Off Topic.

Heyyy!

How are you? 

I know this is a TECH forum, but I can't find any FASHION forum. (or then I'm too lazy to even try to find one)

I'm thinking about things that I could buy... So I thought I could buy some new clothes and shoes from companies like Puma and Nike. (Branded clothing???)

So do you think it is a good idea?

I'm a 16 year old college,High school student (whatever you call it) and I want to "have more Swag".  :D So could you suggest any good clothing brands and companies that I should look for? I basically know nothing about fashion or brand clothing.

I have already found two really sexy pairs of shoes, so you can tell me now which one is more sexy:

1. http://us.puma.com/en_US/special/suedes

2. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sb-portmore-renew-skateboarding-shoe/pid-10274432/pgid-10342155

Thank you for your help. Danke schön, Kiitos, Gracias, спасибo, tack. (Showing off my personal "language library" a bit :D)

First of all, I hate Puma and Nike. But if I had to choose one of them, I would pick the Puma ones. They look like they burn better.  ;) 

Anyways, I cannot tell you what you like. The brand doesn't have to say much. What I've found to like are clothes from Jack & Jones because they actually make clothes in the right size. I'm kinda tall with 1,96m.

Other than that I recommend to go into a physical shop - that's a house were you can walk in and buy stuff - and have a look there. Have a nice day with your girlfriend - or probably mum - and you should be able to find something. 

Yes this is a tech forum but these kinds of topics is exactly what "off topic" is for :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Swag is about confidence, not clothing.

truer words have never been spoken

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

This. 

How good you look depends on how you feel in what you're wearing, and has little to do with the actual clothes.

To me, both pairs of shoes say one thing: I waste money on shoes that will fall apart just as quickly as cheap shoes from walmart

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The pumas look better for sure. Style is a mindset though.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

"Swag" is for idiots, boys without taste for good clothing. Pls dont dress like a swagboy with hairstyle like a pineapple and white nike air max fugly shoes.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I think that the Pumas look better. I will go to local shopping center to look what it offers... thank you for giving me some fashion tips. :)

King of Off Topic.

This.

How good you look depends on how you feel in what you're wearing, and has little to do with the actual clothes.

As much as we'd all like to think this is true, good luck getting an honest girl/woman to agree with it.

The ladies are even more obsessed with fashion than dudes are.. that's why their popular fashions change all the time. They want us to look good, too.

@Merc. I kind of like Old Navy. They've got plenty of stuff that's casual and isn't preppy. Preppy stuff, too, if you're into that. I like their slim-fit button-down shirts. I've got a few of them.

Edit // Hm.. you're in Finland. Not sure if Old Navy is a valid recommendation.

I stopped shopping clothes on fashion shop's. Back in when i finished school. Because i realize that, it's not the clothes that do a people. So now day's i use Army surplus store's and some local clothing store's. Because those clothe's are just more comfortable and usable. 

Also i never like'd sport themed clothe's. I didn't feel them to suit for me. So no never used sport companies clothe's. 

Failure is not an option!

As much as we'd all like to think this is true, good luck getting an honest girl/woman to agree with it.

The ladies are even more obsessed with fashion than dudes are.. that's why their popular fashions change all the time. They want us to look good, too.

@Merc. I kind of like Old Navy. They've got plenty of stuff that's casual and isn't preppy. Preppy stuff, too, if you're into that. I like their slim-fit button-down shirts. I've got a few of them.

You would be hard-pressed to find a woman or girl here that doesn't agree that confidence is what makes a man, not clothes.

Don't fixate on how others judge you based on what you wear. From my experience, those that like to splash on clothes are usually the ones complaining about not having money to spend to do things they want. At the end of the day, expensive shoes and whatnot aren't going to impress people. A nice watch or a nice suit may impress people. If you're going to splash a bit on clothes and whatnot, splash where it matters. You can get cheap clothes that'll be just as good (if not better) than the stuff where most of the cost comes from the name. 

Obviously, it's your money at the end of the day, spend it how you want, just know that it's not all about "swag", buying things for the sake of "swag" adds up and you end up with less money for things you want.

KLv2U5P.jpg

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

At the end of the day, expensive shoes and whatnot aren't going to impress people. A nice watch or a nice suit may impress people. If you're going to splash a bit on clothes and whatnot, splash where it matters. You can get cheap clothes that'll be just as good (if not better) than the stuff where most of the cost comes from the name. 

But at the same time, quality is a concern. I could get a cheap pair of work boots from Wal-Mart and they'll be shot after a year, or I can pony up for a pair from a brand I know will last forever. Same goes with suits, accessories, etc. I'll spend the little bit extra on name brands I know will last a long time.

kswiss04.jpg

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

I'm a casual wearer myself, i wear brown shoes usually, some nice jeans and probs a striped jumper.

Now and then i wear a checked shirt.

Depends on you really...

A pic of me... not in the best looking way, but to give an idea.

iEkWYtp.jpg

But at the same time, quality is a concern. I could get a cheap pair of work boots from Wal-Mart and they'll be shot after a year, or I can pony up for a pair from a brand I know will last forever. Same goes with suits, accessories, etc. I'll spend the little bit extra on name brands I know will last a long time.

I'm not saying go for the absolute cheapest, it's just that avoiding 'swag brands' will usually result in you paying less for the same (or even better) quality.

Thank you for your recommendation. I probably can't find Old Navy in Finland but I'll try :)

King of Off Topic.

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I'm not saying go for the absolute cheapest, it's just that avoiding 'swag brands' will usually result in you paying less for the same (or even better) quality.

It's a general rule of thumb that I don't shop in places that market themselves toward a younger demographic. In the US, places like Aeropostale, PacSun, Express, etc, have a lot of clothes that look nice and cost a lot, but are made cheaply and don't last. I could get a suit from Express for about $400 total, plus the cost of alterations, but the quality of the materials means I'll likely be buying a new suit in a couple of years. If I go to Jos. A Bank, I'll likely be spending twice that, but I'll be able to wear that suit as long as it fits me.

You would be hard-pressed to find a woman or girl here that doesn't agree that confidence is what makes a man, not clothes.

Maybe so. But they still want a guy to look nice. And that also still doesn't answer the OP's question. :)