What was the Most Easiest & the most Toughest Component(s) You had to Pick While Building Your PC?

We've all been there , Researching for parts to be added on to Your very own system & a strong urge to pick a better component & you're budget restricted, but yet you somehow try to make it & end up in a hardware buy paradox,Share your experience here

frustrated-with-sales.jpg

For me (& Preffered quick format for your post)

Easiest     : Storage

Toughest  : Graphics Processing Unit

Details separate people.

easiest: motherboard

Hardest: Naming the pc(yes a name is a component(its called zalmanosaurus))

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hardest was probably the case and PSU but other than that everything was pretty easy once I learnt more

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Easiest, SSD.

Hardest, GPU a god damn foot long... Seriously, it was like trying to back an elephant. Every video showed them just snap it in place, took me a half hour and I was sweating. SWEATING!

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Easiest? CPU was pretty easy, RAM (HyperX Savage is so sexy) and storage, and GPU too (was trying to pick between GTX 970 and R9 290 but then the R9 390 came along and made it easy :D)

Hardest? Case (was deliberating between the 380T and 250D, glad I got the 380T) and the cooler. Also the name, but that doesn't really count (went with "White Lightning" and still think it sounds boss :))

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Mouse

Power Supply

Monitor (still need a new one)

Easiest would be CPU/Ram/MOBO/CASE

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Case, and the different makes of the same graphics cards. I can pour over stats for hours for those. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Easiest; Ram, gpu (really just budget for a large part of it)

Hardest; its really damn hard knowing which of anything is exactly right for what I wanted. Regardless of component. PSU probably takes the cake, followed by storage (ssd) and cpu. Actually knowing which MoBo features is kinda tricky at first too. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

It's all easy.
But how long it takes would be

Easiest : Optical Drive (If I even need one or not... and really, it's an optical drive, kind of hard for a manufacturer to screw that one up these days)
Hardest : CPU/GPU (just because I take the time to look at benchmarks first)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Easiest: Optical drive :P
Hardest: CPU.

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

'easiest' in terms of less time to pick was my DVD rom, bought the cheapest nastiest thing you could buy, glad I did aswell as my current case doesn't support a dvd drive.

'Hardest' GPU. I researched it for weeks and looked around nearly every possible store to find that ultimate deal. 

Easiest for me would be either CPU or PSU as I know exactly what I would want within a given budget. The hardest would probably be the case when it comes to my main rig and that's because I'm so picky.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I can hear my English major wife crying at the title of this thread.....

Anyway:  

Easiest:  is CPU.  You buy the best that fits your needs within your budget.   

Hardest:  Motherboard.    Most boards will suit the needs since quality boards tend to be identical in performance.   It is the details that always catch me up.  Good Aesthetics along with   Ports, etc in the right locations for what I want to do.   I have yet to find the "perfect" board.   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Easiest: GPU (R9 270X 4GB Sapphire)

Hardest: going with a i3 4130 instead of an i5 4460

For my current build:

Easiest: CPU/MOBO/Memory - Second hand from my parents old computer

Mid: Storage/PSU (friend had them, so I bought those. Not necessarily what I would have bought myself)

Hardest: Case and Graphics Card

hardest: water cooling parts 

easiest: optical drive i had one in a old computer that i just reused

Nothing was ever that hard, as I go into each build knowing exactly what I want to get out of it.

honestly, the hardest is finding the best bang for the buck in each section.

until I throw it all out the window and get a full tower and two water coolers.

I personally find that the case is the hardest part of the build. I always have trouble finding a unique case that no one really has that I personally like, or is compatible with my motherboard form factor.

Easiest: CPU, I usually know what processor I want to base my computer around before I even think about the other components.

Hardest? Shoving an H-110 onto a 290 and stuffing it all into an h-440. then realizing the fans are backwards.

Semihardest? Case. I (still have in my closet) a cheapo antec nsk 4100 wich I loved, but the power button annoyed me, so I went for the h-440 in blue, wich I then painted greyish silver.

Easiest? gpu, bought the best I had money for. 

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd