Bitfenix Prodigy RAID 5 file server 15,000,000,000,000 bytes (15TB)

Oh yeah that's right just had a look at your rig I remember that from the live stream not too long ago! Man incredible work I must say, I need another project soon as I haven't built a pc for a while now. Thinking of doing a full blown water prodigy build as well. Yours looks fantastic, I love green themed builds, my next build will be green me think.

Welcome to the green team! Not Nvidia persay but...  :P Green may be the best and most underrated colour used in this watercooling biz. Thanks! I wish I could have done some straighter runs but that's almost the last thing on your mind in a prodigy lol. Probably another side project when I can think of a fun mod for that boring stock windowed side panel. Cheers, good luck and have fun! 

Welcome to the green team! Not Nvidia persay but...  :P Green may be the best and most underrated colour used in this watercooling biz. Thanks! I wish I could have done some straighter runs but that's almost the last thing on your mind in a prodigy lol. Probably another side project when I can think of a fun mod for that boring stock windowed side panel. Cheers, good luck and have fun! 

Yeah straight runs and acrylic tube seem to be the current trend nowadays. I plan to attempt this method of style in my next build, though my hands aren't exactly the smallest either so we'll so how this goes if i do a prodigy build. Would like to do a 900D build though the bank kind of says no atm lol. Yeah I plan to make a larger custom side panel window for my prodigy though my dremmel recently died so kind of is on the back burner for now..

Yeah straight runs and acrylic tube seem to be the current trend nowadays. I plan to attempt this method of style in my next build, though my hands aren't exactly the smallest either so we'll so how this goes if i do a prodigy build. Would like to do a 900D build though the bank kind of says no atm lol. Yeah I plan to make a larger custom side panel window for my prodigy though my dremmel recently died so kind of is on the back burner for now..

I mainly chose tubing cuz it's a LOT easier to deal with and maintain. That's the cool thing about small builds; you can mod the crap out of 'em and they can still cost less than a 900D! Only wish is for some more hard drive space but ghetto mounting is totally an option and within a year we should have some speedier mainstream external options. Sorry about your dremel that thing makes some nice cuts; unless you use the wrong blades like me I've burned through so many lol. I'ma use some transparent and green tinted acrylic to construct the whole side panel, laser cut it to size, and write "Bertha 2.0" in gold. Seems appropriate and a good deal now that I've checked out some prices.

I mainly chose tubing cuz it's a LOT easier to deal with and maintain. That's the cool thing about small builds; you can mod the crap out of 'em and they can still cost less than a 900D! Only wish is for some more hard drive space but ghetto mounting is totally an option and within a year we should have some speedier mainstream external options. Sorry about your dremel that thing makes some nice cuts; unless you use the wrong blades like me I've burned through so many lol. I'ma use some transparent and green tinted acrylic to construct the whole side panel, laser cut it to size, and write "Bertha 2.0" in gold. Seems appropriate and a good deal now that I've checked out some prices.

Nice make sure you post a photo of that side panel when it's done! Yeah gotta get my dremel seen to though it may just be cheaper to buy another

Great build, love the raid card setup! :)

Cheers mate thanks for checking it out, glad you liked it :)

Looks amazing!! im building my prodigy this weekend. but after seeing that sticker, i really want a "powered by noctua" sticker now

I was wondering if I could use your pictures for a school calender project. It is just going to be for personal use, I am not going to sell them.

Looks amazing!! im building my prodigy this weekend. but after seeing that sticker, i really want a "powered by noctua" sticker now

Nice mate have fun with your build, is it going to be for gaming? It's actually a really nice metal badge not a sticker, came with the Noctua cpu cooler

I was wondering if I could use your pictures for a school calender project. It is just going to be for personal use, I am not going to sell them.

Yeah go for it mate that's ok, really means something to me that my work is appreciated like this. Reckon you could PM me a picture of your calender I'm interested to see what you come up with :)

Yeah go for it mate that's ok, really means something to me that my work is appreciated like this. Reckon you could PM me a picture of your calender I'm interested to see what you come up with :)

Sure thing, it just might be awhile. I don't know when I'm gonna print it yet.

Hey, is pluggin the two internal USB cables necessary? 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Hey, is pluggin the two internal USB cables necessary? 

It isn't mate no, only if you want their functionality. I simply use the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the back of the motherboard when I need to. The ones on the side of the case I cut the wires off from to help clean up the interior. Knew I would never use them.

It isn't mate no, only if you want their functionality. I simply use the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the back of the motherboard when I need to. The ones on the side of the case I cut the wires off from to help clean up the interior. Knew I would never use them.

No I meant the ones for the RAID card. SAS -> SATA cable has a internal USB cable attached to it

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Nice mate have fun with your build, is it going to be for gaming? It's actually a really nice metal badge not a sticker, came with the Noctua cpu cooler

Yeah. It's for gaming. I finished my build, with some mediocre cable management xD. My psu came with a metal powered by corsair badge. So... I'm seriously debating swapping out the H100i for a noctua cooler :P

Heya, sorry if it's been said already in the thread, but what are the model numbers for your sas->sata splitters? I can't seem to find those red ones :)

#!

wow such a tight fit amazing cable management as people have said very nice

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Heya, sorry if it's been said already in the thread, but what are the model numbers for your sas->sata splitters? I can't seem to find those red ones :)

Oh yeah the cables in use here are called SFF-8087, any other questions feel free to ask mate

No I meant the ones for the RAID card. SAS -> SATA cable has a internal USB cable attached to it

the cables are SFF-8087, is that what you meant?

wow such a tight fit amazing cable management as people have said very nice

Thanks mate, I appreciate the comment! :)

the cables are SFF-8087, is that what you meant?

No. It's cause the cables that came with the Newegg kit has an internal USB cable with it. 

No. It's cause the cables that came with the Newegg kit has an internal USB cable with it. 

ohok then, yeah not too sure then mate no usb cables you in this build at all

• 5 months later...

Did you consider using FreeNAS? In my opinion it is far superior to Windows 8 in terms of being a file server. Nice Build, really good cable management.

AMD FX 8350 @ 4.8Ghz | 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast @ 2400Mhz | 2 x Gigabyte GTX 770 OC SLI | 4 x SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB RAID 0 | Fractal Design R4 | 3 x Samsung S22A300H 21.5" Monitors | Swiftech H220

Did you consider using FreeNAS? In my opinion it is far superior to Windows 8 in terms of being a file server. Nice Build, really good cable management.

It's also a lot harder to use any of the advanced feature sets, and a lot of the features aren't ironed out completely yet. I'm a little bit bias though, I've had nothing but problems with my multiple FreeNAS servers.

#!