Bitfenix Prodigy RAID 5 file server 15,000,000,000,000 bytes (15TB)

Dat sexy cable management! Love it, I wish I could grab out of my screen and steal it!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

That is the cleanest cable managing I've seen yet!

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

1. You shouldve gotten a T version of the i3, lower power consumption.

2. Epic build! Never seen such clean wiring on a mini ITX build...

3. What if the RAID controller fails and all your stuff is gone? o.o

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Dat sexy cable management! Love it, I wish I could grab out of my screen and steal it!

Haha ThankYou!

He's clearly mad.

Nah just kidding, nice build, awesome cable management.

Maybe a little bit :P lol Thanks for the post!

That is the cleanest cable managing I've seen yet!

Cheers mate!

This deserves BOTW

We shall see, thanks though mate preciate it!

1. You shouldve gotten a T version of the i3, lower power consumption.

2. Epic build! Never seen such clean wiring on a mini ITX build...

3. What if the RAID controller fails and all your stuff is gone? o.o

I do have all family photos and home videos backed up to an external 2TB HDD. If it does fail, which in unlikely considering it is a enterprise grade card, oh well, I'll just have to start my media collection again.Thanks for the post mate!

Love the prodigy. Interesting ssd mount.

It is a great case to work with. Yeah gotta get them SSD's on display lol. Thanks for checking it out!

I do have all family photos and home videos backed up to an external 2TB HDD. If it does fail, which in unlikely considering it is a enterprise grade card, oh well, I'll just have to start my media collection again.Thanks for the post mate!

Isnt there a way to set up 2 raid controllers so if one fails, the array can be restored on the other one? Something like that? Im not really good with servers

Isnt there a way to set up 2 raid controllers so if one fails, the array can be restored on the other one? Something like that? Im not really good with servers

If it were to fail, you could buy a replacement card. However when you go to rebuild the array you have to be very particular that you do the steps in a certain manner. I have never done this before though I have read about it. I pray that day doesn't come as it would be very expensive to have to buy another card, plus the fear of losing data if something were to go wrong in the process. These cards do have an extremely high MTBF running 24/7 as they are designed to do in data centers. There isn't really any point in having two cards, they cost $599 a piece! lol

If it were to fail, you could buy a replacement card. However when you go to rebuild the array you have to be very particular that you do the steps in a certain manner. I have never done this before though I have read about it. I pray that day doesn't come as it would be very expensive to have to buy another card, plus the fear of losing data if something were to go wrong in the process. These cards do have an extremely high MTBF running 24/7 as they are designed to do in data centers. There isn't really any point in having two cards, they cost $599 a piece! lol

Ideally you should always have a complete backup of all data, however I only backup photos and home movies to an externall drive, to back this server up is something I don't plan on doing. If i lose my media no big loss, I can start over.

That sounds complicated...

Too bad u arent rich and cant have a server for a backup of your server :P

a fresh take on the prodigy, great cable management also

Cheers mate, preciate the insight!

What's linus's name on the forum...Must tag...MUST BE BOTW

Nice man does that fan on the raid card get air?

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

What's linus's name on the forum...Must tag...MUST BE BOTW

Thanks mate, yeah hopefully see how we go, pretty sure Linus's is LinusTech and Slick's is Slick

Nice man does that fan on the raid card get air?

It does yes, even though with the side pannel on it has only about 5mm clearance, it's job is just to cool the RAID cards heatsink which doesn't get overly hot anyway.

Shizuki Edition.......Nice!

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Shizuki Edition.......Nice!

Haha yeah, looks awesome. Thanks for checking out!